Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 17, 14, 9:43 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: 80k points, no fee 1st yr, IHG Rewards (Priority Club) Visa/MC
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: onthego15
Q. How do I obtain the 80K offer?

A. There is a Mastercard application (per post #1615) for 80K. This application page provides pricing info but no bonus details. However, numerous FTers have reported that after applying through this link & being approved, they have received the 80K bonus after meeting the spend amount. Thus, there is no need for additional 80K success reports -- but please report any problems with the link above or any problems receiving the 80K bonus after approval.

(The former 80K Visa offer is no longer available. All links in post #1 of this thread--including https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ihg/inhotel80k and the Visa application page to which it redirected--are dead.)

The best openly-advertised offer is a 60K offer for the new Chase IHG Mastercard.
  • 60,000 bonus points after spending $1000 in first 3 months.
  • Free night every year at any IHG hotels. (Cert may be redeemed online.)
  • 5 points per $ spent at IHG hotels
  • 2 points per $ spent on gas,groceries and dining
  • 1 point per $ on everything else
  • 10% points rebate on any redemptions. ("Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after Reward Night stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account")
  • No fee 1st year, then $49.
  • No foreign transaction fees.
  • IHG Platinum status for as long as you hold the card.

Note: even if you receive a 60K offer, you may be able to "bump the bonus" after approval by sending Chase a secure message (via your online Chase account) and asking them to match the existing 80K offer. FTers have had success doing this with other Chase cards/offers, and preliminary reports suggest that it will also work for the IHG cards.

Q. Where can I learn more about the annual free-night certificate associated with this card? How long are the certificates good for? Are the certificates revoked if you cancel your Chase card?

A. See Annual Free Night Cert from PC Visa.

Q. Once I meet the $1000 spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?

A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your IHG RC account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your $1000 required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. It depends. Recent reports, as well as past experience with other Chase cards, indicate that you will not be approved for the IHG MasterCard while holding an IHG Visa. However, it may be possible to apply for the MasterCard (and earn a bonus) after closing an IHG Visa, and with little or no waiting period.

For further information, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated].

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 10, 14, 4:17 pm   #1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer View Post
The 80,000 point offer exists for the MasterCard here:

https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/

Enter your login information and the PGFTNHNAD3 or SAMPN3YAA39. These codes may only work for targeted accounts, but they worked with with my login credentials and I already have the Visa. After watching a 90 second video you should get a screen showing 1,000 bonus points applied to your account (if you are eligible) and an offer for the 80,000 point MasterCard from Chase with the annual fee waived for the first year.

Here's a direct link to that application (it shows the MasterCard) with no mention of any bonus points:

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01

I also was offered the MasterCard with 60,000 bonus points and a $50 statement credit when I was booking a room with IHG this morning.
Thank you!

"SPID=F7RX&CELL=6CXW" is for the 80k bonus link. It is not targeted although we can't find it on Chase's website. It works like the UA50k link.
"SPID=F7RZ&CELL=6H90" is for the 60k bonus which can be found on the Chase website.
forever1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 14, 5:14 pm   #1622

I decided to bite the bullet to see what happens. I have the Visa version, applied last year and still under year 1. I got a "Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision."
sriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 14, 10:45 pm   #1623

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Some of me wonders if you should have closed the other card and then applied for the MC. Let us know, and thanks for biting the bullet
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 14, 11:24 pm   #1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
Some of me wonders if you should have closed the other card and then applied for the MC. Let us know, and thanks for biting the bullet
I have a few award stays coming up in May which might/might not be upgraded based on my Platinum status. So, I wanted to keep it for that remote chance. I also wanted to see if this(having Visa while applying for MC) was possible or not. I guess someone had to do it at some point, might as well be me as my contribution for some of the knowledge gained from here. I might call in tomorrow and see what they say.
Old Mar 10, 14, 11:59 pm   #1625

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqbalt80 View Post
The trick is to close the visa or offer to close it and then apply for the MC..
Yes, but some of us are greedy that we want 2 free nights every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInfrequentFlyer View Post
I already have the Visa, but I decided to apply for the 80k MasterCard offer just to see what they'd say. The application went to pending when I submitted it so I called the reconsideration line and I was told that the application was denied because I already have the Visa. My credit report wasn't even pulled.
Did you put in the same IHG number as the previous Visa?
johnnie198x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 12:07 am   #1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie198x View Post
Yes, but some of us are greedy that we want 2 free nights every year.

Did you put in the same IHG number as the previous Visa?
No, I left it blank just in case it made a difference. It didn't. They still denied me.
AnInfrequentFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 4:23 pm   #1627

Data Point:

I went through the video with the codes (said they had already been used for both of them) and then got the apply now page, but it was for 60K Master Card. Clicked on the apply link, and got this:

No mention of bonus or anything on that page, but it is 60K.

Can anyone else confirm that SPID=F7RX&CELL=6CXW is 80K?
sunshine213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 4:38 pm   #1628

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine213 View Post
Data Point:

I went through the video with the codes (said they had already been used for both of them) and then got the apply now page, but it was for 60K Master Card. Clicked on the apply link, and got this:

No mention of bonus or anything on that page, but it is 60K.

Can anyone else confirm that SPID=F7RX&CELL=6CXW is 80K?
I used both codes and after each video it ended up saying 60K both I'm the video and at the end after. No sign of 80K anywhere.
morerum4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 4:52 pm   #1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by morerum4me View Post
I used both codes and after each video it ended up saying 60K both I'm the video and at the end after. No sign of 80K anywhere.
Can you post the link you got for the 60K MC? Just so people can be aware when applying?

Thanks.
sunshine213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 6:18 pm   #1630

After video, I got 80k mastercard offer that led to the same link - https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01
sanjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 6:57 pm   #1631

I just applied for the IHG credit card through the 2nd link:

I was given an immediate approval, but it didn't say for which sign up bonus. I called Chase told them I believed it was for 80k. The person told me I will get 80k points when I spend $1,000 in 3 months. Easy to do right?

So the 80k is still alive it seems!
runningmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 7:35 pm   #1632

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine213 View Post
Can you post the link you got for the 60K MC? Just so people can be aware when applying?

Thanks.
I just followed the instructions from the visa1000.priorityclub.com link in the first post. I'll have to go through the process again to get to the link, but not at a computer right now.
morerum4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 7:40 pm   #1633

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuk View Post
After video, I got 80k mastercard offer that led to the same link - https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01
Just applied through this link and was told it was for 80,000 miles!!
jackal3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 14, 10:39 pm   #1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningmiles View Post
I just applied for the IHG credit card through the 2nd link:

I was given an immediate approval, but it didn't say for which sign up bonus. I called Chase told them I believed it was for 80k. The person told me I will get 80k points when I spend $1,000 in 3 months. Easy to do right?

So the 80k is still alive it seems!
Is this your first Chase IHG card? If not, do you still hold the visa version?
Old Mar 11, 14, 11:47 pm   #1635

Programs: HPdbaUSdbaAA EXP, IHG PLT, UA 1K, Hilton Carbon Allotrope, Amtrak, Former DL Gold, Former CO Gold
FWIW, I sent an SM to Chase after applying for the 60k offer and they gladly offered to match me to 80k.