Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:55 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by abhicoolmax
Is this better than 70k Marriott card?
How could any of us possibly answer that for your situation?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Just applied through the link and was approved. I'll post back when I get the card and confirm the 80K bonus.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:56 pm

Timing of Bonus Points

As I recall from reading PC Visa threads in the past, the bonus miles hit pretty quickly (sometimes before the close of the first statement). Should I wait to make a charge on my new card until January so that my PC platinum status is good through 2013?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ejh25
Should I wait to make a charge on my new card until January so that my PC platinum status is good through 2013?
Yes.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by ejh25
As I recall from reading PC Visa threads in the past, the bonus miles hit pretty quickly (sometimes before the close of the first statement). Should I wait to make a charge on my new card until January so that my PC platinum status is good through 2013?
You can make your charge in December if your statement ends in January. Points aren't given to you until after your statement closes. I did this in December 2010 and got my points and my Plat status in early Jan. 2011.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
You can make your charge in December if your statement ends in January. Points aren't given to you until after your statement closes. I did this in December 2010 and got my points and my Plat status in early Jan. 2011.
Thanks. The statement will close in January most likely but just to be safe I'll wait to make my charge until 1/1/2012.

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
Yes.
Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold
I just applied and got accepted. thanks! i did this while at a holiday inn
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Links in OP did not work for a bump request

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I did this yesterday, after asking for the 80K bump by phone when calling to activate my 60K card (received 2 days ago), but they denied the bump and said the links were not good for an 80K untargeted application. Sent a secure message that included the links in the OP to the 80K application, AND the source code, and received an acknowledgement stating they needed 3-5 day reply time. I'll post whatever response I receive.
Just a follow up: I heard back today by secure message to my prior request for a bump to the 80K offer by referencing the link in the OP as an untargeted offer:

The offer is not an untargeted promotion. Please provide
a copy of an invitation number in your name or email to
your email address with your name and Priority Club member
number you have received for 80,000. We will honor a new
offer up to 90 days of opening an account. If this offer
was not targeted to your name and or Priority Club member
number the offer will not be honored.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

So now I've sent a screenshot of the 80K offer (showing my name and account), which I obtained using the video codes, in another effort to get the bump; I'll post any response I receive.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:48 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Boo. I just fell out of the 3 month window for the bump. I would've been bumped.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:07 pm

I've only had my card for a month and was denied for the bump 2x now. got the same message as others.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:46 pm

I am thinking of applying this card and my question is: would this application affect my other applications of Chase Saphire or Freedom card? I don't have any of these cards and I may apply those. If I get Chase priority club card and later on I want to apply other Chase card, do I have to wait for a period of time? How long do I have to wait?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by exyeh
I am thinking of applying this card and my question is: would this application affect my other applications of Chase Saphire or Freedom card? I don't have any of these cards and I may apply those. If I get Chase priority club card and later on I want to apply other Chase card, do I have to wait for a period of time? How long do I have to wait?
I kinda want to know the same thing. I did Chase Marriott Nov what's the wait period for another Chase 30 days? 60? 90?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by World-Wide
I kinda want to know the same thing. I did Chase Marriott Nov what's the wait period for another Chase 30 days? 60? 90?
Maybe not the perfect answer you are looking for, but for me, I waited 92 days. I have a total of 5 Chase cards now. Had to call Chase to get the fifth card. They said I had to close one before they would give it to me. But two days later I got an email from them and the card was on its way without closing one. To me Chase and Citi have gotten a little tighter on cards? Good luck. Also when I feel that I might not get a card, I apply the wife for it and wait a few months and apply for myself. That said, I think 5 for Chase has pushed me to their max. I will probably have to start negotiating on the next one.

Last edited by gohogs34; Dec 7, 2011 at 7:56 am Reason: change
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: Plenty of Them
Bumped up from 60K

Just wanted to drop off a data point. Signed up for the 60K Priority Club Visa about two months ago. Tried then to get the bump up to 80K (there was an 80K targeted bonus at the time) and was denied. Tried again yesterday (via Chase secure message) and got the approval today for an additional 20K bonus points!

What I wrote:

"To whom it may concern,

I recently signed up and was approved for the Priority Club VISA with a sign up bonus of 60k points less than three months ago, 10/5/11, precisely. I understand that there is now an 80k point sign up bonus that is publicly available. I am asking if you can provide the difference of 20k points to my account due to my long history of doing business with Chase and as a sign of good faith. Certainly, had I known that there would be a larger bonus I would have waited the two months before signing up.

Thank you for the consideration."

What they wrote back:

"Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your Priority
Club credit card account.

We are pleased to tell you that we have added 20,000
additional enrolment points to your account.
You will see this adjustment on one of your next two
billing
statements.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,"

Last edited by jluu111; Dec 7, 2011 at 10:12 am
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:38 am

hey guys, where is the link to apply for the 80k?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.