Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2012, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by KathinJax
You receive an e-mail notifying you of the certificate. So far, I have not found it in my online account.
I haven't found it in my account either. We probably have to call to make use of the cert
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Achilles
I haven't found it in my account either. We probably have to call to make use of the cert
You will NOT see it in your account online. I was told that it was MY responsibility to keep track of it. I don't remember getting the original email (they claimed they sent one) and I did lose track of the expiration date. The cert disappeared and I was told it could not be re-instated. So don't make the mistake I did...

Yes, you have to call to make use of the cert. They can see it when they look at your account.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by goAsia
I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but this thread is a behemoth. Does the annual free night show up somewhere in your PC account or do you just have to remember that you get it once you pay the annual fee?
I have received multiple notices of the annual free night certificate (I've had the card for two years now), both via postal mail and via email. You do have to call in to redeem.
There are threads here on the certificate:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ard-night.html
search is your friend
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
I saw upthread that someone wanted to make the bonus post in 2013 to get the Platinum status to last as long as possible.

You might have heard about this already, but just wanted to clarify that that won't work anymore, because starting Jan. 1, only base points will qualify toward status, and not bonus points like those from credit card signups.
That's actually not how I read the announcement. The exact wording is:
Base points earned from Qualifying Rates paid for hotel stays, points collected from partner transactions, PCR Bonus Points Packages and Meeting Rewards are considered Elite Qualifying Points and counted towards membership elite status.
I would read CC points as "points collected from partner transactions" and qualifying. But we'll have to wait until next year to see.

See the main discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...te-status.html

And the terms language here: http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...er-terms#elite
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:48 pm

i havent read the thread entirely yet, but can the 60k (or 80k) be cashed out or thru redeemed via Amazon GC?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:20 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
So applied last week..got a letter saying I was approved for some sort of intercontinental priority card..not the signature card..so shall I call reconsideration line??
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bitachu
So applied last week..got a letter saying I was approved for some sort of intercontinental priority card..not the signature card..so shall I call reconsideration line??
The card is called the Intercontinental Hotels GRP Visa Signature credit card.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:51 am

so I signed up on 12/3/12. wasn't instantly approved but looked on chase.com and saw a priority account opened so i didn't worry about it. Got a mail saying i was approved for a intercontinental card(non signature)...called in today..they said the offer is for 60k with 1k spending withn 3 months..everything is basically the same...i would rather have the 80k with no min spending but can do the 1k...shall I try and fight it? I believe i used the link from the OP
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
so I signed up on 12/3/12. wasn't instantly approved but looked on chase.com and saw a priority account opened so i didn't worry about it. Got a mail saying i was approved for a intercontinental card(non signature)...called in today..they said the offer is for 60k with 1k spending withn 3 months..everything is basically the same...i would rather have the 80k with no min spending but can do the 1k...shall I try and fight it? I believe i used the link from the OP

Don't call send a Private message from your account.. ask nicely :-)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
Don't call send a Private message from your account.. ask nicely :-)
Sent..also attached my targeted email offer i got back on 9/20..hopefully they will take it...although i'm pretty sure I got the lower verison of the card because chase doesn't want to extend any more credit to me(I did cancel a card today and shifted some credit line to my new pc card)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:11 pm

on a side note...just watched the video again...used this code # SAMPT9TGQJ

and the offer at the end is 80k with 1k in spending in 3 months..i guess I should have checked there first before applying...

https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/?c...anity_visa1000
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sent..also attached my targeted email offer i got back on 9/20..hopefully they will take it...although i'm pretty sure I got the lower verison of the card because chase doesn't want to extend any more credit to me(I did cancel a card today and shifted some credit line to my new pc card)
Chase does NOT differentiate bonus by the levels of the card.

Only BofA and Barclays have this dirty practice.

Both Chase and Citi would give you the bonus signed up for even if you are approved for a lesser card.

If you indeed have a lower bonus attached to your application, most likely is due to your clicking around to view various links and did not clear cookie / cache before you applied using the proper link. Besides, you mention you "believe" you use the link in Post 1... You should be "for sure" instead of "believe"... that gives an impression you have been clicking around before you finally applied. Typical newbie mistake.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:42 pm

on a side note...just watched the video again...used this code # SAMPT9TGQJ

and the offer at the end is 80k with 1k in spending in 3 months..i guess I should have checked there first before applying...

https://visa1000.priorityclub.com/?c...anity_visa1000
Can you tell me where you got that promo code? I just tried and only got the 60,000 offer

Edit: I am guessing you found it on this forum? Unfortunately the 80k offer did not come up for me using that

Last edited by Exterous; Dec 11, 2012 at 5:47 pm
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Applied a few days ago using the link on post #1. Got the pending review. But the next day PC is showing up on my chase account.
Did not verify bonus upon activation, since every card so far has earned the bonuses whether or not listed on the app page.
However, reading today's thread, got me a bit unsure as whether my card is indeed 80K. Re-read post #62, decided to serach my email for 80k string. Voila, found the email , it is actually received today, but I totally ignored it.
Email titled "Welcome to the Priority Club® Select Visa® card". The email confirmed
----
Start earning free nights.

Dear

Confirm receipt of your card today.
Simply call the toll-free number 1-888-489-7249 on the front of your Priority Club® Select Visa® card to confirm receipt, and start earning. You'll earn 80,000 bonus points after your first purchase.5
----

So up to my click a few days ago, the link on post 1 is the right one eventhough the landing page does not indicate anything about 80K.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Chase does NOT differentiate bonus by the levels of the card.

Only BofA and Barclays have this dirty practice.

Both Chase and Citi would give you the bonus signed up for even if you are approved for a lesser card.

If you indeed have a lower bonus attached to your application, most likely is due to your clicking around to view various links and did not clear cookie / cache before you applied using the proper link. Besides, you mention you "believe" you use the link in Post 1... You should be "for sure" instead of "believe"... that gives an impression you have been clicking around before you finally applied. Typical newbie mistake.
well i'm 99% certain i used the link in post one then...

Also I always do my apps in incognito

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.