Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: Continental, Air Canada, Air india, Air France, Lufthansa
PC points worth 1 cent each??

Originally Posted by travelpye
I have a room booked at Holiday Inn Mayfair in London for 25,000 points a night. Lowest cost for those nights, and that is advance pay rate, is US$399.
So, you could say, I got at least $1,200 out of the points, with 5K left over toward a points break night someplace later on.

For me, that was worth a credit pull. But then, I knew what I wanted to do with these points before I applied.
Thanks for that.

Anyone used PC points for airlines? How do they stack up?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by travelpye
I have a room booked at Holiday Inn Mayfair in London for 25,000 points a night. Lowest cost for those nights, and that is advance pay rate, is US$399.
So, you could say, I got at least $1,200 out of the points, with 5K left over toward a points break night someplace later on.

For me, that was worth a credit pull. But then, I knew what I wanted to do with these points before I applied.
You also get the 7,500 point rebate, so possibly 2 nights at a pointsbreak property later on.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jillian75004
Thanks for that.

Anyone used PC points for airlines? How do they stack up?
Do you mean transfer to partners? The rate is 10k PC points to 2k airlines miles with many partners, like UA, AA, DL etc.

Personally, if my main interest was in airline miles, I would first look at any Chase cards I did not have that either gave me miles directly, as with UA or SW cards or indirectly though ultimate reward points such as with Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, and the Ink cards that provide sign up bonuses that may be transferred to UA, BA, SW, etc though the ultimate rewards points.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by KathinJax
You also get the 7,500 point rebate, so possibly 2 nights at a pointsbreak property later on.
Yes, another useful benefit of the card. I do believe this card will be a "keeper."
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Platinum Sky Pimp
BTW: I think this card is churnable. At least it worked for me to get bonus twice.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fishdance
BTW: I think this card is churnable. At least it worked for me to get bonus twice.
Can you give more details? How long did you wait after getting approved for the first card before cancelling the card,

and then how long after that did you apply the 2nd time?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:50 pm
Suspended

got the card 8 months ago, How do I get the free night certificate? Do I have to call chase or the back of the card and just say I need the FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE becos I have to book a hotel room?

thanks
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by emptiness
got the card 8 months ago, How do I get the free night certificate? Do I have to call chase or the back of the card and just say I need the FREE NIGHT CERTIFICATE becos I have to book a hotel room?

thanks
Your free night certificate comes on the first anniversary of getting your card. so, you have 4 more months to wait.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...t-pc-visa.html
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by goldenbear
Can you give more details? How long did you wait after getting approved for the first card before cancelling the card,

and then how long after that did you apply the 2nd time?
Canceled first about 5-6 months ago and then applied for new one with same Priority Club number.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Yeah...Pics or it didn't happen.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:31 am
Suspended

Canceled first about 5-6 months ago and then applied for new one with same Priority Club number.
can you show us any proof of applying for this card again and getting 2nd bonus?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:41 am

I got my card about 5 wks ago. The statement is coming up soon, so I guess I'll get my 80K points then. But I already got Platinum status; is it strange to get the status before the points?

Anybody know if the 80K offer is still valid? My fiance might apply.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by emptiness
can you show us any proof of applying for this card again and getting 2nd bonus?

Thanks in advance.
How about asking me to post youtube video of me dancing gangam style in adult diaper and dirty plunger on top of my head?
You welcome in advance.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:11 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I got my card about 5 wks ago. The statement is coming up soon, so I guess I'll get my 80K points then. But I already got Platinum status; is it strange to get the status before the points?
The card itself confers Platinum status, not via points.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Too many to list
Got one too. Points posted right after statement close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.