Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by spellbound2
If I would like to have Platinum status, do I need to wait to make my 1st purchase in January?
Just to get platinum, no. But as stated in the 1st post if you make a purchase in a statement which ends in Jan, you will get plat status until Dec2013. I don't think they post the bonus before the end of the statement cycle.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:40 pm

I like it how this deal has been weak/mild for so long and no one cared - but now that the 50k Southwest and 75k AA cards are done we are all finding value in this card.

I think out of EVERYYYY card I have owned this card is one I will keep. Free night a year will pay for itself and the annual fee is only $49. I "make money" by keeping it. I enjoy the no foreign transaction fees, and if I ever get an upgrade that would be great.

The only other card worth considering is keeping an AA card on deck for the reduced mileage flights - but those are weak.

Last edited by factory81; Dec 8, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
There is one "problem" with this card.
I keep finding stays on Pointbreaks.
So, I've had this card for a year, and my point balance has hardly gone down at all.
And now I get my free night.
Such problems
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:33 am

As of 15 minutes after the app, no credit pull on Equifax. Chase has never pulled any other bureau. My temporary lift on my Equifax freeze is supposed to end tonght too.

Update:
Security freeze lift had "2012" date. Chase analyst could not pull even with pin. Rep surprisingly pulled my open Transunion. But the following questions reqarding applying for credit this year. It wasn't a lot, but I guess most being with Chase they said they seemed concerned about why so many apps a few months ago. I hear of people doing 5 or 6 apps in a year but I got the impression they didn't like even less than that. Asked a few other questions on why past cards needed. Wow, I would think them seeing charges in China would answer that. She agreed to close CO card and transfer the line to this new card. Seemed she reluctantly agreed to do my first closure/transfer. Actually that's exactly what I wanted anyway instead of straight closing CO. Guess I need to show Chase more payment history.

Last edited by scwam; Dec 9, 2011 at 9:56 am
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: Lotz
The numbers of instant approvals (including mine) concerns me a little. May be because it's from a targeted app. If so I wonder if there's a chance Chase may reverse some approvals.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
The numbers of instant approvals (including mine) concerns me a little. May be because it's from a targeted app. If so I wonder if there's a chance Chase may reverse some approvals.
Why would they reverse approvals? I would think they would just put the kibosh on people applying through this link by killing it.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:31 pm

Called and rep confimed correct bonus amount to me. Crossing fingers that no further validation of DLPX code is done after the fact. Having some database experience, I doubt it as that code is embeded in referring link. Also told me permanent Gold status for the life of the card.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 7:17 pm

bonus video

I went to this rewards site to watch the video and it asks for a promotion code. does anyone know the code?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:28 pm

how do you know which deal you got?
i used link in the thread. i got my card today. no mention of any promo
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by kaiotes
how do you know which deal you got?
i used link in the thread. i got my card today. no mention of any promo
If you used the link you should be getting 80k. Why don't you call chase and confirm this?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by thebetzman
I went to this rewards site to watch the video and it asks for a promotion code. does anyone know the code?
There are a few codes posted in post # 4 of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...hase-visa.html

You probably won't get the 1K points for watching the video because the codes have been already used, but it should present you with the 80K Visa offer at the end (and if it does, make sure you take a screenshot of it). The link in that offer should take you the same application link in post # 1 of this thread.

Other posters are applying directly through the link in post # 1 and having success without watching the video and providing a code. If you already have the card under the 60K offer, the code and watching the video is valuable for providing a screen shot invitation to the 80K offer to assist in requesting a bump of 20K points on your account if you recently received the card under the 60K offer. The request for a bump should be made by secure message to Chase, not by calling.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
There are a few codes posted in post # 4 of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...hase-visa.html

You probably won't get the 1K points for watching the video because the codes have been already used, but it should present you with the 80K Visa offer at the end (and if it does, make sure you take a screenshot of it). The link in that offer should take you the same application link in post # 1 of this thread.

Other posters are applying directly through the link in post # 1 and having success without watching the video and providing a code. If you already have the card under the 60K offer, the code and watching the video is valuable for providing a screen shot invitation to the 80K offer to assist in requesting a bump of 20K points on your account if you recently received the card under the 60K offer. The request for a bump should be made by secure message to Chase, not by calling.
Thanks a lot for the info about the codes. Now, hopefully I can convince chase to give me another 20K points.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by flltravel
Thanks a lot for the info about the codes. Now, hopefully I can convince chase to give me another 20K points.
See post # 134 for suggested wording in your secure message to Chase; see also post # 137 for my experience in getting the 20K bump by attaching a .jpg of the screenshot from the 80K invitation at the end of the video to the secure message requesting the bump. Good luck!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:21 pm

i just called and they confirmed it
Originally Posted by sun_aa
If you used the link you should be getting 80k. Why don't you call chase and confirm this?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:50 am

Wondering if I should use my last Chase card on this one (already did the 50K SW) or wait for another offer thru Chase in the coming months? 80K points looks pretty enticing, but interncontental and crowne plaza stays are 25k to 30k a night, so it will maybe net you 3 nights. Thoughts on valuation of this offer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.