Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Chase changed the name of the UR Mall to "Shop through Chase".

Please use this Master Thread for general questions and discussion of "Shop through Chase". See also these separate threads on specific shopping topics:

Travel booking is discussed in two threads.

Problems with points not posting due to technical issues or using other credit cards are discussed here:

Patterns of customer service experience are discussed here:
Print Wikipost

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 7:11 am

Need Help. Went to Golfsmith.com loaded my cart to check prices, was about to leave and was presented with a $25off $125 + free shipping.

Now, in another tab, I went to Chase UR, and went to GolfSmith.com through there. Upon clicking through it says something to the effect of "No coupons not obtained on this site or you won't get points" sort of message. I clicked "Continue to Golfsmith" (or whatever) and noticed that I have the coupon auto-entered in my cart.

I will use visa gift cards to pay for my purchase, if that matters.

QUESTION: will this coupon stack with the portal reward bonus? Upon googling, I've read blogs that have stated they are able to stack their coupons + portal, but no info on how to make sure it will work.

QUESTION 2: IF this doesn't work with Chase UR - can I get it to stack with AA's shopping portal (I know this is the wrong forum - but figured someone might point me in the right direction).

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2015, 6:15 pm

You can use any coupons and discounts the store accepts and the only effect is you will get the UR points on the lowered price.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
You can use any coupons and discounts the store accepts and the only effect is you will get the UR points on the lowered price.
Thank you Tizzette!
Old May 26, 2015, 10:18 am

Shopped through the UR Mall at Bed Bath and Beyond. Paid with a combination of BBB gift cards and Chase Freedom. But only the portion paid with Chase Freedom earned UR points.

Also, there was no added benefit from going through the UR mall, as I only earned 5x per the Q2 bonus on BBB, and did not earn anything extra from the UR Mall. I was under the impression this could stack? Or is it that the things in the 5% category for the quarter don't get any additional points from the mall?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:02 pm

Has anyone gotten their bonus points when ordering an Apple Watch from apple.com through the UR mall? The fine print says the watch isn't eligible, but I'm wondering if anyone got it anyways since Chase wouldn't know what I bought at the Apple Store.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:10 pm

5-19-2015 Backcountry.com 1728 bonus points
5-29-2015 Nordstrom.com 1360 bonus points

Got 2 emails regarding bonus earnings within 10 days of purchase.

Earning UR is way too easy.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:17 am

Kind of interesting that the travel category is back, but just full of Chase's own stuff:

I wonder if they got a lot of complaints about it going away?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Bought a Groupon with the Ink Plus through the UR portal. Nothing posted. Gave it a few months, then SM'd their reps. They needed a jpeg of the Groupon receipt, but were able to post an 'adjustment' to my UR account within a few days. I'd started with new browser, clean cache etc.

I've noticed that the UR mall seems to have no bonuses for a few stores like WalMart, even though it prominently features them in my browser. They are only offering the normal spend amount.

Don't know if its Groupon related. But if you ever use that vendor, keep an eye on them.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Am I right in thinking that travel booked through Chase's website gives a bonus point? I.E. if I bought a $500 flight, I'd get the 2X travel multiplier, plus a bonus point for using Chase's website, totalling to 1500 points earned?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:44 am

I just sent another note to thei customer service center.... anyone else having issues? I click thru- shop- use the proper card for that account- and still no extra points!!! today makes 3 purchases,all of which I have noted to them. I am hoping they fix this-the last go-round they awarded them after I called and talked to them.... this is anything but simple.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd
Am I right in thinking that travel booked through Chase's website gives a bonus point? I.E. if I bought a $500 flight, I'd get the 2X travel multiplier, plus a bonus point for using Chase's website, totalling to 1500 points earned?
Yes, assuming you charge the flight to a Chase UR card that gives 2x on travel. It does not work with other cards.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NYEsq
What about hotels.com "pay at hotel" reservations that were booked on the Chase portal before hotels.com was removed? Will Chase award the bonus points for those reservations?
Confirmed these points came through.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:28 pm

The UR mall has been super buggy for me the last few days in that it takes a long time to load if I can get it to load, and it takes a while to load when going to a specific store. Anyone else?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Hey guys, quick question...

Just got my Ink Business Plus card, which gives 50,000 UR points if you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months. It also gives 5x points on office supply store purchases and internet/cable bills.

So I just went to Staples.com (via the Chase UR mall, which gives 2x points for Staples) and I bought five $200 Visa gift cards for $1,000.

Anyway, my question is, do I get the 2x points on the $1,000 AND the 5x points for using my Ink card at an office supply store? Seems like Chase would catch onto this and either give me one or the other, but not both.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
So I just made my first purchase through the UR mall. I ordered a jersey from NFL shop, it was too big, sent back for return. Luckily, I had to do this because the initial purchase I forgot about UR mall!

Anyway, I used the NFLshop link in the UR mall. I saw a token type link, but after I searched for my jersey and made the order, the URL seemed very 'generic'.

How will UR know that I should get bonus points on this purchase? How is it tracked and when should I expect to see the bonus points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.