Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Chase changed the name of the UR Mall to "Shop through Chase".

Please use this Master Thread for general questions and discussion of "Shop through Chase". See also these separate threads on specific shopping topics:

Travel booking is discussed in two threads.

Problems with points not posting due to technical issues or using other credit cards are discussed here:

Patterns of customer service experience are discussed here:
Print Wikipost

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:47 pm

Booking travel using UR

guys

i was about to transfer my UR's to united to book travel but on chase's site, i saw you can book travel directly using miles. Right now, i'm seeing some R/T travel going for 32k miles vs 35k with united + taxes

didn't go to the next step yet but wondering if it's 32k miles all inclusive on chase's sites or I still have to pay taxes on top of that

Any downsides or gotchas to booking travel directly on their site?

Thx
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:16 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
guys

i was about to transfer my UR's to united to book travel but on chase's site, i saw you can book travel directly using miles. Right now, i'm seeing some R/T travel going for 32k miles vs 35k with united + taxes

didn't go to the next step yet but wondering if it's 32k miles all inclusive on chase's sites or I still have to pay taxes on top of that

Any downsides or gotchas to booking travel directly on their site?

Thx
There are no extra fees and you'll even get the miles for the flights booked on the portal.

However, the value of your points when redeeming on the Chase portal is fixed at 1.25cpp (for CSP). There are some instances where transferring the points to a travel partner will yield a much better redemption rate.

For example- if the flight you want to book involves a stopover, or a free one way at the end of your trip. Another example- if you redeem those 30k points for 2 nights at a Hyatt which would normally cost upwards of $300 a night.

Having said that, I just directly redeemed 60k points on the portal for flights, as I found it to be the most cost efficient option for my travel needs. YMMV.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: Club Awesome
oh man, no more orbitz, that extra point or two was nice.

Last edited by discostu; Feb 24, 2015 at 7:35 pm Reason: misspell
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:46 pm

I apologize if this has been answered - but is Hotels.com no longer available thru UR Mall?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Chancensam
I apologize if this has been answered - but is Hotels.com no longer available thru UR Mall?
No longer available :,(
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:31 am

I'm new to the ultimate rewards mall, so would appreciate the help!

Is it possible to get credit for purchases of store gift cards from staples, not visa, off the ultimate rewards mall? If not, is there another mall that works?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:24 pm

Got notification of mall points today... For a marriott Stay back in May 2014. Better late than never I guess.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:04 pm

Made 3 purchases last month via portal.. Received a notification of bonus points on my most recent purchase (the latest of the 3) so I sent them an SM about the first two. Let's see what they say.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:30 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Made 3 purchases last month via portal.. Received a notification of bonus points on my most recent purchase (the latest of the 3) so I sent them an SM about the first two. Let's see what they say.
The rewarding of bonus points for me has definitely been hit-or-miss. Most of the time I find myself sending them reminders. They usually will credit the missing points, but most times I have to send a copy of the receipt.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall [Consolidated]

Anyone else feel the UR Mall vendors point earnings are pretty boring lately? I've also noticed the super bonuses that typically last only a day or two on MileagePlusShopping & RapidRewardsShopping have also been lame.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by DL172
I'm new to the ultimate rewards mall, so would appreciate the help!

Is it possible to get credit for purchases of store gift cards from staples, not visa, off the ultimate rewards mall? If not, is there another mall that works?
I think this falls under possible but very much a ymmv. I have, in the past gotten extra points for buying VGCs through the portal but understand it's hit or miss. PM me and I will direct you to some information I use to help with decision making.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:16 pm

When did the UR Mall remove IHG.com? I used to book my hotels through the UR Mall, now I don't see it.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:38 pm

Does anyone know if StaplesAdvantage.com will work with the UR Mall cookie? I'm guessing not but figured I'd ask.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
No longer available :,(
What about hotels.com "pay at hotel" reservations that were booked on the Chase portal before hotels.com was removed? Will Chase award the bonus points for those reservations?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:06 pm

Anyone know if ctshirts.com or charlestyrwhitt.com is available via UR shopping portal anymore? EVRewards still lists it, but after the changes to the portal I find searching for a particular vendor much more difficult.

Seems like some of the "best" vendors that were previously available are gone, removing a lot of the value from the UR shopping portal. That and the loss of the 7% dividend have been tough to swallow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.