Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2013, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Chase changed the name of the UR Mall to "Shop through Chase".

Please use this Master Thread for general questions and discussion of "Shop through Chase". See also these separate threads on specific shopping topics:

Travel booking is discussed in two threads.

Problems with points not posting due to technical issues or using other credit cards are discussed here:

Patterns of customer service experience are discussed here:
Print Wikipost

"Shop through Chase" (formerly UR Mall) [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:38 am

Does anyone know when will Hotels.com post UR points? Is it after booking or after completed stay?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by jiangning
Does anyone know when will Hotels.com post UR points? Is it after booking or after completed stay?
after the stay
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:29 pm

Can you use promo codes offered by the site you are shopping through the UR Mall? ex. on the Macy's website they had a promo code to use for 15%off when you typed in jolly, will you still get the points?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:33 pm

This is what the T&C say: Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site

What site exactly are they talking about? the UR mall or macy's
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:54 am

You are able to use the store discount codes and still get the UR points IME.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:53 pm

Ultimate Rewards Mall new interface worthless

The UR Mall was always my first stop for online shopping.

Since the redesign of the UR Mall website, I have found it to be worthless.

Two major issues:

1. You can no longer shop by item, only by store. So finding what you seek and comparing prices is now too burdensome to bother.

2. Even when I try to shop at a particular store via my Chrome browser, when I click on "Shop now", nothing happens. So I can't shop even if I want to.

Perhaps this would not be an issue if I disabled all my popup, adware, cookie, javascript blockers every time I shopped, I don't know. Anyway, the convenience is a thing of the past.

This is all frustrating and too bad, since it was a great service and a great way to amass UR points.

Perhaps somebody here knows a work-around. If so, please clue me in. If not, unfortunately I will have to take my business elsewhere.

I stopped using the UR mall when the new internet page went into use.

Thanks.

Update...a Chase rep told me that they have discontinued allowing shoppers to shop by item (rather than by store) and have no intention to offer that again.

Last edited by protagonist; Dec 8, 2014 at 8:22 pm
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Maybe this has been posted in the forum before, but I was unable to find it. If I use the ultimate rewards portal to make purchases from Staples with my Ink card 5x category. Do I get my 5x plus whatever points the portal is offering (3 points/$1) so 8 points per dollar spent?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
Maybe this has been posted in the forum before, but I was unable to find it. If I use the ultimate rewards portal to make purchases from Staples with my Ink card 5x category. Do I get my 5x plus whatever points the portal is offering (3 points/$1) so 8 points per dollar spent?
Correct
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: most of them
It used to be possible to book travel (using points or cash) via the UR website. Now that seems to have disappeared. It's almost like they've made the site unusable on purpose. They had great car rental options which is what I would like to be able to book now. But I haven't been able to figure a way to do it. When I click on the "travel" tab it tells me to call them on the phone. Extremely frustrating.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by glennaa11
It used to be possible to book travel (using points or cash) via the UR website. Now that seems to have disappeared. It's almost like they've made the site unusable on purpose. They had great car rental options which is what I would like to be able to book now. But I haven't been able to figure a way to do it. When I click on the "travel" tab it tells me to call them on the phone. Extremely frustrating.
I've been using the site to find a good price on a rental car and it is working for me. I don't have a 'travel tab' though. I have a 'Use Points' tab though. Under that there is 'Explore and book travel'.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 7:33 pm

I've done a lot of reading and research on various topics and have managed to save 50% of my big family vacation for next summer (flights, hotels, tickets, car, etc..). Not bad since I just started just last August. There is a lot of info to wade through so I'm asking a question that I'm sure has been answered before. Ha!

So I'm interested in using my UR points to book a rental car. If I do this am I correct that I won't be covered Collision Damage Waiver protection since I didn't use my Sapphire card to purchase the entire rental?

Guess I need to check with my Insurance to see if I would be covered (or worth the hassle). Also, I suppose 'door dings' wouldn't count? Need to find my detailed card benefits packet.

It's been probably 14 years since I rented a car! I've always managed to take trips where someone picked us up or loaned us a car to use.

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:46 am

I've been trying for the last 3 months to find a rental car in Costa Rica via the UR portal. All the cars I'm interested in renting (cheaper 4x4's) are rented out by Avis, however whenever I click on ANY Avis rental options I get an error message saying something along the line of "Price unavailable" or "Unable to find car". Does anyone else ever run into this problem? Pretty frustrating because the other rental companies are far more expensive on the UR site, but they add to my cart just fine.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:15 pm

All the stores I cared about have just been removed from Shop through Chase. Looks like a great time to diversify.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by klemsaba
I've done a lot of reading and research on various topics and have managed to save 50% of my big family vacation for next summer (flights, hotels, tickets, car, etc..). Not bad since I just started just last August. There is a lot of info to wade through so I'm asking a question that I'm sure has been answered before. Ha!

So I'm interested in using my UR points to book a rental car. If I do this am I correct that I won't be covered Collision Damage Waiver protection since I didn't use my Sapphire card to purchase the entire rental?

Guess I need to check with my Insurance to see if I would be covered (or worth the hassle). Also, I suppose 'door dings' wouldn't count? Need to find my detailed card benefits packet.

It's been probably 14 years since I rented a car! I've always managed to take trips where someone picked us up or loaned us a car to use.

Thanks.
I asked this question 1.5 years ago and the answer was that you were covered if you went into the portal through that card and used points to pay. (They actually transferred me to get someone who knew for sure.) Term and conditions evolve so it might be best to just call and ask.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by photaco
All the stores I cared about have just been removed from Shop through Chase. Looks like a great time to diversify.
I have switched to the United portal for most things. Their rates are lower, but I keep getting bonuses that I did not know about (maybe I would if I read all their emails carefully). 500 miles here or there makes up for the generally lower rate and losing the utility to also transfer to Hyatt or SW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.