Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:51 pm

Does anyone know if the 5X bonus applies for booking online at the Ritz Carlton, or it only applicable to Marriott and/dor physically at the hotel?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by is0morph
Does anyone know if the 5X bonus applies for booking online at the Ritz Carlton, or it only applicable to Marriott and/dor physically at the hotel?
Don't think it applies to Ritz Carlton.

Also not sure if I posted, but finally got my 70K bonus.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Is there a way to use the Cat1-4 cert online?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by leonard016
Is there a way to use the Cat1-4 cert online?
Yes. Start to book a reward stay with points, then when you get to the payment screen it will allow you to use the cert if it is a Cat 1-4 hotel.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:32 am

Thanks a lot! It is certainly not obvious.

The Marriott rep I talked to over the phone did not know how to do it. She just vaguely said that there might be a way and it might have been removed due to the website upgrade

The other thing is that I am certainly not used to this capacity control thing!

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Yes. Start to book a reward stay with points, then when you get to the payment screen it will allow you to use the cert if it is a Cat 1-4 hotel.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leonard016
Thanks a lot! It is certainly not obvious.

The Marriott rep I talked to over the phone did not know how to do it. She just vaguely said that there might be a way and it might have been removed due to the website upgrade

The other thing is that I am certainly not used to this capacity control thing!
Well now two of us know more than the rep at least when it comes to that .
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:41 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by is0morph
What "5X bonus" for booking online?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
What "5X bonus" for booking online?
Maybe they mean 5X points/dollar spent with Marriott?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Maybe they mean 5X points/dollar spent with Marriott?
Yea that is what I figured when I answered the question.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I tried to book a reward stay and use the cat 1-4 cert but it would not let me. It kept telling me how many point I needed to use. When I called the CR she told me that you cannot use the Cert online, that it had to be done with a rep on the phone.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by normthe
I tried to book a reward stay and use the cat 1-4 cert but it would not let me. It kept telling me how many point I needed to use. When I called the CR she told me that you cannot use the Cert online, that it had to be done with a rep on the phone.
Earlier this month I was able to book a reward stay online use the cat 1-4 cert that my wife received with her new MR credit card. At the end of the reservation process it gave me a choice of either using points or the certificate and we chose the certificate.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange. I definitely did it online using the method I posted above.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:07 am

got my points

Statement closed on 12/16/11. First purchase 12/4/11. Points showed up on statement, but didn't hit my Marriott Acct until today 12/19/11.

So how do you go about using the Free Night Certificate for the Cat 1-4? Do you have to call up to do it? I only see an option for redeeming points for a stay. And if it shows that a certain place is unavailable for a rewards points booking, will it also be off limits for a Free Night Cert?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by haslipe
So how do you go about using the Free Night Certificate for the Cat 1-4? Do you have to call up to do it? I only see an option for redeeming points for a stay.
Please read the last 2 pages (~40 posts) of the thread, where you will find this question asked and answered multiple times.

Last edited by beltway; Dec 20, 2011 at 6:39 am
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:43 pm

Yesterday I was able to book with the Cat1-4 cert using the method suggested by theBOSman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.