Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by gv111
I am still waiting for the 100K offer . BTW does chase allow churning of Marriott card?
You can churn the Marriott card for the points, but you do not get the free night cert. YMMV.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PatMike
You can churn the Marriott card for the points, but you do not get the free night cert. YMMV.
Are you sure, as the T&Cs state this:

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:05 pm

credit bureau

Does anyone know which credit bureau Chase (in New York) uses?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by rendezvous
Are you sure, as the T&Cs state this:

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts.
I've churned this card 3 or 4 times and got the points but not the free night cert. Still worth it for 70 K.

This does put a wrinkle in my application plans. I was planning to go mostly Starwood in 2012, since reward stays now count toward Plat... plus I am a Hilton Diamond through the Surpass card spending....

Too many choices..... what to do ????
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:25 pm

I've been wanting to get my first Marriott card! Only problem is, I want to be able to use the free night during my kids' summer vacation, and the free night certificates are only good for 6 months. I sure wish they were good for a year.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by birdseye
I've been wanting to get my first Marriott card! Only problem is, I want to be able to use the free night during my kids' summer vacation, and the free night certificates are only good for 6 months. I sure wish they were good for a year.
You could always apply and then wait to make your first purchase. The reward is after first purchase, so just wait until ~6 months before you want to use the cert, then make your purchase.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 9:57 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
Is it targeted?

Originally Posted by sun_aa
I was playing around with links and stumbled upon this one:
Landing Page
Application Page

70,000 points on first use

one free night stay at a category 1-4 location

annual fee($85) waived first year

no foreign transaction fees

Compare this with the other offer of 50k pts+$75 statement credit+1 night for the same card.

There's also the non-premier version offering 30kpts+$75 statement credit+2 nights. Chase might allow you to get bonuses on both because they are different versions.

The best offer I could find for the business version was 22.5kpts+2 nights

Those of you who got this card within the last 90 days for just the 50k offer might want to send a SM to Chase asking for a bump.
I have read that the 70,000 offer might be targeted? Does anyone know the deal if it is or is not?
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
You could always apply and then wait to make your first purchase. The reward is after first purchase, so just wait until ~6 months before you want to use the cert, then make your purchase.
Thank you, but the current offer landing page says the free night is awarded upon account approval, plus 6-8 weeks processing in the fine print, and I wouldn't be able to use future anniversary free night certificates during summer vacation either. Just thought I would remind others to think about when they would want to use their free night certificates.

The link in page one goes to a public offer landing page, which appears to indicate this is now a public offer. Previously it was targeted, and you couldn't see the landing page or apply through the link if you weren't targeted.

Last edited by birdseye; Oct 23, 2011 at 11:24 pm
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jonny1
What do you get for the 70k points? What's the value of it? Thanks for any infos
Like anything else, it depends upon how wisely you use them. You may, for example, build up to 270K Marriott points and then redeem them for a package deal that gets you 7 nights at a fancy resort plus 120K miles on a variety of airlines (sometimes 180K+ when you time the redemption with a conversion bonus such as past ones from DL, US). Doing this can get you 2+ cents per point in value quite easily, whereas redeeming inefficiently can easily net under 1 CPP.

This does put a wrinkle in my application plans. I was planning to go mostly Starwood in 2012, since reward stays now count toward Plat... plus I am a Hilton Diamond through the Surpass card spending....

I think Chase and Marriott were hoping to cause dilemmas like yours by making this offer!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by mooper
Like anything else, it depends upon how wisely you use them. You may, for example, build up to 270K Marriott points and then redeem them for a package deal that gets you 7 nights at a fancy resort plus 120K miles on a variety of airlines (sometimes 180K+ when you time the redemption with a conversion bonus such as past ones from DL, US). Doing this can get you 2+ cents per point in value quite easily, whereas redeeming inefficiently can easily net under 1 CPP.

I think the all-inclusive rewards/package deals have been discontinued. Hope I am wrong.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by opus2002
I think the all-inclusive rewards/package deals have been discontinued. Hope I am wrong.
I think you're confusing the all-inclusive packages -- which have been discontinued with zero notice -- and the travel packages -- which still exist (at least for now).
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: Lotz
I've churned this card 3 or 4 times and got the points but not the free night cert. Still worth it for 70 K.

I've heard this in the past too. I just closed my Marriot two weeks ago to get a Hyatt and I don't know how long to wait about applying for another Marriott. I have plenty of surplus CL on Chase cards I need to close anyway.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:35 am

new to the hotel programs. how many nites can u get at the lowest tier w/ 70k pts?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by kaiotes
new to the hotel programs. how many nites can u get at the lowest tier w/ 70k pts?
I'd say 20K is low-end Marriott hotel but some motels low as 7500. 6K Pointsavers are theoretically possible. Below tier 4 (20K) is mostly Courtyard/Residence Inn/Fairfield Inns in small cities.

5th night is free on rewards, and if the 100K up air/hotel packages are still available they're gr8 bargains.

Here's the reward category chart. Click on each tier in the far upper right of page to see hotels in that category.

REWARDS CHART

Last edited by tassojunior; Oct 24, 2011 at 8:53 am
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:03 am

My dad got an email this past weekend for this 70,000 point offer. It states the offer is only valid until November 30, 2011.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.