Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Sign in using an external account
Register Calendars Flyertalk Wiki Today's Posts

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 3, 14, 5:32 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: [On Again] 70k points, 1 night, no fee 1st yr, Marriott Premier Visa
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: beltway
Note: There is a promotion beginning in July 2014 for existing cardholders to refer new applicants. Referrals are NOT allowed in this thread. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

Q. I can't get the 70K offer link to work. How do I get this offer?

A. Use this application page. (This continues to work despite the expiration of MarriottRewards.com/70kBonus and MarriottRewards.com/Bonus70K, both of which previously redirected to this now-expired landing page.)

There's also this application page. (This continues to work despite the expiration of MarriottRewards.com/Elite70k and the associated landing page.)

Both of the above 70K offers require $1000 in spend in the first 3 months.

There are also two 70K offers for $2K spend over 3 months, available only to those already holding elite status with Marriott:
Q. Is there a business version of this card?

A. Yes. There's a longstanding 50K business Visa offer for spending $1000 in 3 months (landing page; application).

Until September 2014, there was a limited-time 70K business Visa offer for spending $2000 in the first 3 months. However, both this application page and the former landing page for this offer have expired.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated].

[from philemer]If you churn this card be aware that you will probably NOT get the initial free night more than once but you should get the 70K points. This is from personal experience, and results from the fact that the points are awarded by Chase (which allows churning over the long haul), but the free night award comes from Marriott (which restricts it to once per Marriott account).

Q. Are there bonuses for signing up for the Marriott Rewards program itself?

A. Yes. There are two publicly available offers for new members to the Marriott Rewards program itself:

- Earn 2000 points for each paid, points-earning stay within 365 days of signup, up to 10k total, available as a referral from existing members: 2014 Member Refer a Member Sign-Up Bonus
- Or, earn a Category 1-5 free night after your second paid stay within 120-150 days of signup: Cat 1-5 Free Night Offer

If you think it's possible you will have any paid Marriott stays after you join, you should sign up for one of these offers before applying for the credit card. Make sure you give your new Marriott Rewards number on the credit card application, to tie the offers together.

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 22, 11, 9:54 pm   #1

Programs: aa
[On Again] 70k points, 1 night, no fee 1st yr, Marriott Premier Visa

Link in post 1081 is showing 70K as of today, 2/16/13.

I was playing around with links and stumbled upon this one:
Landing Page(no longer works)
Application Page

Note that the application page doesn't mention the amount of bonus points you will receive. You can find a screenshot and the terms in beltway's post.

70,000 points on first use

one free night stay at a category 1-4 location

annual fee($85) waived first year

no foreign transaction fees

Compare this with the other offer of 50k pts+$75 statement credit+1 night for the same card.

There's also the non-premier version offering 30kpts+$75 statement credit+2 nights. Chase might allow you to get bonuses on both because they are different versions.

The best offer I could find for the business version was 22.5kpts+2 nights

Those of you who got this card within the last 90 days for just the 50k offer might want to send a SM to Chase asking for a bump.

Here's how you can redeem the category 1-4 free night certificate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
Start to book a reward stay with points, then when you get to the payment screen it will allow you to use the cert if it is a Cat 1-4 hotel.

Last edited by philemer; Feb 16, 13 at 8:55 pm. Reason: landing page no longer works./ On again
sun_aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 10:03 pm   #2

Programs: All Major Airlines, Hyatt/Choice/IHG Plat, Marriott/SPG/HH/CC Gold & most other major programs
I am still waiting for the 100K offer . BTW does chase allow churning of Marriott card?
gv111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 10:31 pm   #3

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Nice offer, OP! Chase is killing me. TOOOOOO many great offers...Citi's barely able to keep up and others bank e.g. Cap1/BoA have given up competing.
gya007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 10:48 pm   #4

This is the best one I've seen so far. 70k points plus a free night is a great offer...especially with the first year's fee waived.
Dudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 10:53 pm   #5

Programs: AA-Hilton-Raddison-BA-Benihana.. ALL PLATINUM LT
thanks. giving it a try.
ThePointsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 11:16 pm   #6

Programs: US*S, MR Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec
I love how there's a link to the Canadian version of the card which gives a paltry 10k points and 1 night.
Santander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 11, 11:19 pm   #7

Programs: All of em...
by far the best out there for Marriot I've seen!
x712xdamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 12:16 am   #8

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
Great find OP! I was thinking about applying to the 50K card with a $75 credit I saw in another thread but I think I'll take 20K extra MR points over $75 anytime. Damn I really need to plan out my next churn.
Yas46377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 12:33 am   #9

Programs: aa
Quote:
Originally Posted by gya007 View Post
Nice offer, OP! Chase is killing me. TOOOOOO many great offers...Citi's barely able to keep up and others bank e.g. Cap1/BoA have given up competing.
I really wish these offers were spaced out a bit. I have had to re-evaluate my churn plans too many times. What's worse is that Chase,Citi and Amex all pull EX for me. I wish I lived in another state.
sun_aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 5:34 am   #10

Programs: All Major Airlines, Hyatt/Choice/IHG Plat, Marriott/SPG/HH/CC Gold & most other major programs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_aa View Post
I really wish these offers were spaced out a bit. I have had to re-evaluate my churn plans too many times. What's worse is that Chase,Citi and Amex all pull EX for me. I wish I lived in another state.
You may want to go for only the best offers (e.g. 50K and above points) instead of trying to get everything.

Citi and Chase pull EQ for me while AMEX pulls EX so it is not that bad for me. The best is Barclays which usually pulls TU. AFAIK nobody else checks TU at least not in TN.

Last edited by gv111; Oct 23, 11 at 5:49 am.
gv111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 8:20 am   #11

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Thanks OP... pulled the trigger on this one.

Application pending... :\
Ben21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 8:27 am   #12

Programs: DL GM, AS, AA, Marriot, and IHG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben21 View Post
Thanks OP... pulled the trigger on this one.

Application pending... :\
Me too, approved.
jjmiller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 8:28 am   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santander View Post
I love how there's a link to the Canadian version of the card which gives a paltry 10k points and 1 night.
Says 10K but 15K posted to my account -- so it's not that bad!
mabramovich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 8:30 am   #14
Suspended

What do you get for the 70k points? What's the value of it? Thanks for any infos

Last edited by jonny1; Oct 23, 11 at 12:01 pm.
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 11, 6:14 pm   #15

deadline

Do we have any idea re the expiration date of this offer?

Thanks in advance.
ddfr is offline   Reply With Quote