Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
I've think I've seen this Q/A before in this thread but now can't find it. I'm coming up on my anniversary with this card. They already deposited the free category 1-5 hotel certificate in my account before the annual fee has hit. If I decide to close the card, does the certificate stay?
Yes, you keep your cert. I've updated the wiki to add this info.

Originally Posted by mdosu
argh! I wish I checked this site before I applied. I applied on 2/16/2015 for the 50k bonus, and my account was approved.

Can I call Chase and get into the 70k bonus program? I am a new Marriott rewards member.
There's no harm in asking, and in the past Chase has often agreed to "bump the bonus." You can call or just send an SM through your Chase online account.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beltway

There's no harm in asking, and in the past Chase has often agreed to "bump the bonus." You can call or just send an SM through your Chase online account.
I applied for 2 Marriott cards on 1/25 and got instant approval. Found out about the 70K point offer on 2/10. I immediately contacted them in hopes they would match the offer. I talked to 2 CSRs (2 cards) and each CSR said they would send the request to marketing and I would get a letter in the mail in 7-10 days.

Today, 2/23 I received 2 letters in the mail, both stating that I will be given the additional 20k points. The points will be transmitted after my next billing stmt closing date, but to allow up to 30 days for points to post.

Happy Dance!!! 40k points!!!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Thank you for the reply.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:18 am

can the annual cert be used at a lower category ritz? I dont really get the whole category thing
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by igneous
can the annual cert be used at a lower category ritz? I dont really get the whole category thing
No.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:55 pm

Cancelling Marriott Card

Got marriott visa signature card last year in feb. Got my anniversay Cat 1-5 certificate last week and annual fee posted after few days. I am thinking about cancelling the card . Will they Claw back the anniversary certificate if i cancel now to get the annual fee refund?

Last edited by manu4986; Mar 5, 2015 at 1:56 pm Reason: spell mistake
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by manu4986
Got marriott visa signature card last year in feb. Got my anniversay Cat 1-5 certificate last week and annual fee posted after few days. I am thinking about cancelling the card . Will they Claw back the anniversary certificate if i cancel now to get the annual fee refund?
See wiki at top of page.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:53 pm

datapoint: card #1 approved in July 2012, cancelled in August 2013; card #2 approved two days ago and free night certificate deposited into my account today .
Old Mar 13, 2015, 11:49 am

Best strategy for cancelling personal MR Visa and opening business version?

I have a personal MR Visa whose anniversary is coming up shortly. I want to cancel that and get the business version and collect 50k points with no fee for the upcoming year.

These cards come with 15 elite nights credit on opening the card and on each anniversary. This helps get me to gold status, which requires 50 elite nights.

So, I plan to wait until the anniversary on the personal card comes up, then cancel a few weeks later and get the 15 nights credit (no annual fee will be charged on that card). Then, I'll apply for the business MR Visa and get another 15 nights credit upon opening.

Will I be able to thus get 15 nights credit?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:19 pm

Looks like the business card has a 70k bonus again. Landing page here:

https://creditcards.chase.com/marrio...compare_cards#
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:07 pm

it's $2k spend vs. $1k spend for the 50k

but yes that's good news thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by UserMark

Originally Posted by riversidetom
it's $2k spend vs. $1k spend for the 50k
Wiki updated.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by UserMark

Thanks for posting. Just received the business card last week, so have sent an SM to request a match to the 70,000 offer.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:55 pm

Please be gentle with me, Im new to this but I have a simple question.

I recently received the MR visa with a free night and 70K points

I have used the 1 free night and have spent more than 2K to get the points.

My question is can I apply for the Business version of this card and get another free night and another 70K points?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by pdelgardo
I recently received the MR visa with a free night and 70K points
[...]
My question is can I apply for the Business version of this card and get another free night and another 70K points?
Yes, because Chase treats these as separate products.

For more on Chase's application rules for these & other cards, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html

And welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.