Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
Got the 70k points, but don't see the 15 nights credited yet…. should I call?
My 15 nights took about a week to post after approval - before I even received the card from Chase.

The free night cert posted about 3 days after approval.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the 70k points, but don't see the 15 nights credited yet…. should I call?
You mean you see 70K deposited in your Marriott account but not the 15 nights credit? So you already have had the card for one statement cycle?

If it is the case, you may want to call Marriott as this is handled by Marriott, not by Chase. Chase is only responsible the Points.

The 15 nights deposit took about a week, and was before the card even arrived.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Happy
You mean you see 70K deposited in your Marriott account but not the 15 nights credit? So you already have had the card for one statement cycle?

If it is the case, you may want to call Marriott as this is handled by Marriott, not by Chase. Chase is only responsible the Points.

The 15 nights deposit took about a week, and was before the card even arrived.
Thanks everyone!
I got the points, the free night vert, and "silver status" - but only 1 night showing for my account for the year, no CC nights, called and they said lets wait 90 days from account opening, put a note on the account, etc. No worries.

Also, its "1 Elite Night Credit for every $3,000 spent" on the card - NOT 3000 points (double points for Dining, etc..) right?

Last edited by fotoflyer88; Apr 16, 2014 at 10:23 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everyone!
I got the points, the free night cert, and "silver status" - but only 1 night showing for my account for the year, no CC nights, called and they said lets wait 90 days from account opening, put a note on the account, etc. No worries.

Also, its "1 Elite Night Credit for every $3,000 spent" on the card - NOT 3000 points (double points for Dining, etc..) right?
That is kind of weird as it is not others experience.

Did you have a full first statement cycle, or a shortened one? I assume you met the spend on the first cycle.

Yes, $3000 spend, not points, but actual $ spent.

If you are working to achieve Gold (50 nights needed), then the 15 nights are important. Otherwise it is pretty much meaningless.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:38 am

I'm sorry, but why do you guys find the free cat 1-5 night stay that good? I'm looking at the hotels in desirable locations and most of them are above category 5.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
That is kind of weird as it is not others experience.

Did you have a full first statement cycle, or a shortened one? I assume you met the spend on the first cycle.

Yes, $3000 spend, not points, but actual $ spent.

If you are working to achieve Gold (50 nights needed), then the 15 nights are important. Otherwise it is pretty much meaningless.
Gold is a possibility. Either way would like to have for LT status in 20 years
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gold is a possibility. Either way would like to have for LT status in 20 years
I believe you are joking about the LT status. Unless I am mistaken, the free 15 nights from CC do not count for the LT status.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:11 pm

Once I get the 70k, how long do I get to use them before they expire?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slowman
They do not expire even though the program rules do not say so. Marriott does not enforce the inactivity clause.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:09 am

They do not expire even though the program rules do not say so. Marriott does not enforce the inactivity clause.
wow that's awesome...so after I get my pts I can cancel the chase card and basically keep the pts for good...
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:06 pm

wow that's awesome...so after I get my pts I can cancel the chase card and basically keep the pts for good...
I would recommend keeping the card open for atleast 6 months before canceling. Chase has been known to rescind the bonus if you cancel too soon.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Or just keep it 11 months. Doesn't hurt. Use it from time to time. Be nice. They were nice. Haha
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:20 pm

Keep it for a few months? Better on your credit history, plus if you stay at a marriott, better points/dollar.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:30 pm

$85 for an annual free night seems like a pretty fair deal.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Marriott, SW, Club Carlson, IHG
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
$85 for an annual free night seems like a pretty fair deal.
But it isn't really that good. With their devaluations the last couple years, I found the only places left in the categories where I could use the free night were suburban/interstate hotels where I could pretty much equal $85 without
trying too hard via priceline or hotels.com or something like that. And they always seemed to screw up and/or delay posting my limited free night.

I cancelled last year, and don't miss it. The signup bonus is good. I may try for that again after a few months.

I think the IHG annual free night is much better, or even the Club Carlson 40000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.