Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by mberlew
Looks to me like the 70k may finally be dead. I got the card for myself a couple weeks ago and wanted one for my wife, but logging in and clicking the 70 link or changing the URL doesn't seem to work like it did.
The offer landing & app pages loaded for me fine 2 minutes ago.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
The offer landing & app pages loaded for me fine 2 minutes ago.
The link on first page does not load for me.

However, THIS loads for me when I logged in my Marriott account.

Landing Page

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/

Cannot post the app page as it is pre-populated.

I have seen both the 50K and 70K offers when I logged in. The 70K offer only shows up when I am at the Upcoming Reservation page.

I also got a 60K offer by email.

So the offers are all over the place but the 70K is still alive as of this moment.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 29, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
The link on first page does not load for me.

However, THIS loads for me when I logged in my Marriott account.

Landing Page

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/

Cannot post the app page as it is pre-populated.
Right, that's the same application page as shown in the wiki.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
Thank you sir, when did you get the Ritz card?
About 2 months ago.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:44 pm

I should have been more specific - I can see the offer page, but when I click "Apply" it takes me to a Chase page that says that offer is no longer available. I tried when logged in to both my Marriott account that has some miles, and my wife's that has zero balance. I recall seeing others report this a couple weeks ago and thought they weren't following directions in the wiki, but now i'm having the same problem. If others can still click "Apply" on the 70k offer and go to a valid application page, would be good to know. I was really hoping to get the wife in to have 140k total.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should have been more specific - I can see the offer page, but when I click "Apply" it takes me to a Chase page that says that offer is no longer available. I tried when logged in to both my Marriott account that has some miles, and my wife's that has zero balance. I recall seeing others report this a couple weeks ago and thought they weren't following directions in the wiki, but now i'm having the same problem. If others can still click "Apply" on the 70k offer and go to a valid application page, would be good to know. I was really hoping to get the wife in to have 140k total.
I must add, the landing page link I posted, would not bring up an application page when I click Apply Now. It gave me Page Not Found error as if there is no connection.

However when I posted the link I was able to open the Application page except it is populated with my personal data.

This is the error I got when click the Apply Now:

JPMorganChase - dbwe2arx02a

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

It does seem there are some issues with the re-direct, at least that has been my experience yesterday and today. The only time I was successful was when I was still logged in Marriott Reward and the application page did load. It didn't when it is a generic link - got the above error again I just tried.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:43 am

Logged into Chase account and noticed the Annual fee of $85. When should I see the free Cat 1 to 5 E certificate for anniversary year?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by metoo
Logged into Chase account and noticed the Annual fee of $85. When should I see the free Cat 1 to 5 E certificate for anniversary year?
You may want to check your Marriott account. It should already be there or will be there shortly.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by gv111
You may want to check your Marriott account. It should already be there or will be there shortly.
Already did. Nothing this morning. Will give it one day.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:27 pm

I think I found the cause of the issue I was having getting the 70k offer redirect to an application page. I was logging in with Award Wallet. After logging in through Award Wallet, it would drop me to a page that had the credit card offer in a string of clickable images across the bottom - says "Earn up to 7 free nights". When I click that credit card offer, it takes me to a 50k offer. Then I replace the URL or click the URL in post #1, and I see the 70k landing page, but when clicking through that, I get an error that the offer no longer exists.

However, instead of clicking on that credit card ad, if I navigate to "My Account Overview", then I see an offer on the left side of the page for 60k points. When I click through that to the 60k landing page, then replace the 60 with 70 in the URL, and link to the application page from there, it works.

Not sure why there are two different promotional offers shown for the same user, but this seems to have fixed the problem for me. Hope that might help someone.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, SW RR
I was approved for the 70K offer last month using an invitation code from a targeted mailing. Today I got a post card with what appears to be a new public 70K offer (i.e., no invitation codes, just a url for a 70K landing page).

I'll be interested to hear if this works:

MarriottRewards.com/70kBonus

Which takes you to this landing page:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...hdm/?CELL=6J04
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by AlamoYankee
I was approved for the 70K offer last month using an invitation code from a targeted mailing. Today I got a post card with what appears to be a new public 70K offer (i.e., no invitation codes, just a url for a 70K landing page).

I'll be interested to hear if this works:

MarriottRewards.com/70kBonus

Which takes you to this landing page:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...hdm/?CELL=6J04
Looks good. Wiki updated.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:11 pm

I received a mailing for 70,000 points today with the following URL:

MarriottRewards.com/Elite70k

Showed up as 70k points when I went to the site.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
Already did. Nothing this morning. Will give it one day.
Chase always bills annual fee on the 1st of the month of anniversary, regardless when is your actual anniversary date.

Hotel programs seem to deposit the cert the week of the anniversary (in IHG's case) or a week or 10 days before the anniversary (our experiences with Marriott).

The billing of Annual fee is decoupled with the timing of deposit of cert as far as I recall.

BTW, Cat 5 Cert is the old Cat 4 after Marriott has upped a huge percentage of Cat 4 hotels to Cat 5 earlier this year.

It is so depressing that I decided not to be bother with the current Megabonus promo (2 stays earn 1 Cat 5 good for a year, up to 2 certs).
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
how long do you think this deal will be around?? I just apped for Chase at the end of Sept, I was approved for the CSP and Freedom, and I was hoping I could apply for this in December, heck even Jan if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.