Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
At the risk of sounding self-serving... but I'll say it anyway...

If you are new to Marriott Rewards in general, there is a refer-a-friend promo that will give you 2k bonus for each of your first 5 paid, points-earning stays within a year of joining.

There's a thread over in the Marriott forum with lots of people offering referrals.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I've had one card from Chase before and it came fairly quick from what I recall, though it was a while ago (I have two with Chase but one was formerly a WAMU card which will be closed the instant I need to call recon on any new Chase card :-D), and I haven't received my new Marriott card either. I need it pretty soon too, though I can live another week without it. Applied late last week, remember no mail delivery Friday!

Edit: Just got an e-mail saying it's on the way, I'm not quite sure what that means though, whether they just sent it or somehow think it will be delivered soon.
I got the same e-mail a day ago. I called today to make sure the address is fine. The dude could barely speak English. First he said it wasn't right then he said it was. So I don't know if it was, or was not. And he said it was only send yesterday not sure why last time I called they said it was send on the 5th.

I better get it Sat since Friday there is no mail.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:46 pm

So is this offer over??? The application page link still works, but it takes you to the exact same address as the 50,000 points offer application page. Of course that might not mean anything I suppose. Maybe all the application pages have the same web address.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by haslipe
The application page link still works, but it takes you to the exact same address as the 50,000 points offer application page.
There are at least two current 50K offers, so I'm not sure which one you mean. Either way, neither has "the exact same address" as the 70K app page. Observe:

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...MAB1&SPID=DJJK - 50K (fee waived first year)

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...ID=&PROMO=DF01 - 50K (no fee waiver)

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DN7M - 70K
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:33 am

i wonder too if the 70k still works. all the landing page sites give me:
Server Error in '/T400-004' Application.
there is another offer with 50K +$75 back here...
https://www.mychasecreditcards.com/4000039?CELL=6XJ5
$75 statement credit after first use
50,000 bonus points after your first purchase
1 free night in any Category 1 to 4 Marriott
$85 annual fee waived for the first year; when the fee comes due (anniversary), receive one free night in any Category 1 to 5 Marriott, which covers the annual fee +
No foreign transaction fees
15 nights towards elite status on anniversary every year
5 points for every $ spent at Marriott

but i'd rather have the 70k, anybody get it to work lately or is it dead?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
There are at least two current 50K offers, so I'm not sure which one you mean. Either way, neither has "the exact same address" as the 70K app page. Observe:

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...MAB1&SPID=DJJK - 50K (fee waived first year)

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...ID=&PROMO=DF01 - 50K (no fee waiver)

https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DN7M - 70K
Indeed, and from that URL, you can tell that the offer code for the 70k is "DN7M". (No, it's not "DF01", the "DF01" is generic, as you can see it repeats in other offer URLs.)
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Indeed, and from that URL, you can tell that the offer code for the 70k is "DN7M". (No, it's not "DF01", the "DF01" is generic, as you can see it repeats in other offer URLs.)
How can you tell that that the offer is for 70K points? I don't see it anywhere in the T&Cs of the offer.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by lrluis
I know, It was a little unlucky. Would you happen to have a copy if the T&Cs and a screen shot? I took a leap of faith shortly after i posted my comment by using the direct link to the app. I wasnt approved instantly but ill follow up on my whether the 70K was notted.
If anybody post or PM me the screenshot with the landing page of the 70K offer it will be appreciated.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by pianistat
If anybody post or PM me the screenshot with the landing page of the 70K offer it will be appreciated.

UPDATE: For the record, the associated fine print:
OFFER DETAILS:

70,000 BONUS POINTS: You will qualify for and receive your bonus after your first use of the card. First use includes using your account for purchases or balance transfers, or using any checks that access your account; cash advances are not included. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Marriott Rewards® account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. If your account is not open for at least 6 months, Marriott and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points from your Marriott Rewards account.

FREE NIGHT STAY E-CERTIFICATE: Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after account opening for your Free Night Stay E-Certificate to be automatically deposited into your Marriott Rewards Account. Free Night Stay E-Certificate is valid for hotels in categories 1-4. For participating category 1-4 locations, log on to MarriottRewards.com or call 800-321-7396. The E-Certificate must be redeemed within 6 months from date of issue. E-Certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers are not eligible for this bonus offer. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment.

ANNIVERSARY FREE NIGHT STAY E-CERTIFICATE: Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from your account anniversary date for your Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate to be automatically deposited into your Marriott Rewards Account. Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate is valid for hotels in categories 1-5. For participating category 1-5 locations, log on to MarriottRewards.com or call 800-321-7396. The E-Certificate must be redeemed within 6 months from date of issue. E-Certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points. To qualify for the Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate, your account must be open and not in default on your account anniversary date. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. Annual fee applies after the first year. For pricing details, please read the Opens in new windowPricing Information section and Terms and Conditions included with this offer.

EARNING POINTS: You will earn 5 points for each $1 of Net Purchases made at participating Marriott® locations. You will earn 2 points for each $1 of Net Purchases made at retail establishments that classify their merchant location for Visa as an airline, car rental agency, or type of dining establishment. ("Net Purchases" means purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your card account minus any returns or refunds.) Online purchases are not eligible to receive the 2 points unless the merchants have correctly identified and billed the transactions. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being made at an airline, car rental agency, or type of dining establishment. However, we do reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for the 2 points. You will earn 1 point for each $1 of all other Net Purchases. You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your card account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your card account. There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. All Marriott Rewards terms and conditions apply. For details see MarriottRewards.com and Rewards Program Rules and Regulations, which will be mailed after your account is established.

AUTOMATIC ELITE STATUS: Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from account open date and account anniversary date every year for the 15 nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards® account. To qualify for the anniversary 15 nights Elite status credit, your account must be open and not in default on your account anniversary date. Only one Marriott Rewards Credit Card account per Rewards member (Rewards member must be the primary cardmember on that account) is eligible for the 15 Nights Elite credit award. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

ELITE NIGHT CREDIT: You will earn 1 Elite night credit for each $3,000 in net purchases. There is no limit to the number of Elite nights that you can earn. Please allow 6-8 weeks for Elite nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards account from the last day of each calendar month you qualify. Purchases do not include balance transfers, any checks that are used to access your account, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, overdraft advances, interest charges, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind including fees for products that protect or insure the balance of your account. We have the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. We reserve the right to change or end this offer at any time. To qualify for the Elite nights, your account must be open and not in default at the time of processing and fulfillment. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

MARRIOTT REWARDS® PROGRAM INFORMATION:

Points accrued and awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards program. Click here for complete terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards program, including all redemption values, or refer to MarriottRewards.com. Terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards program may be modified and services and benefits may be added or deleted at any time without notice to Cardmembers. Individuals whose request for a credit card are not approved will not be enrolled in the Marriott Rewards program through this offer, although existing Marriott Rewards memberships will not be affected. Additional authorized users will not be enrolled in the Marriott Rewards program as a result of this offer. Marriott Rewards points awarded through the use of the authorized user's card will only be credited to the Primary Cardmember's Marriott Rewards account.

Employees of Marriott International Inc. and the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC. and their subsidiaries are not eligible to participate in Marriott Rewards, and are not eligible to earn points with the Marriott Rewards card.

Marriott Rewards Credit Cards are available to US residents that have a valid permanent home address within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only.

This is a link to a third-party site as described in our Weblinking Practices. Note that the third party's privacy policy and security practices may differ from Chase's standards. Chase assumes no responsibility for nor does it control, endorse or guarantee any aspect of your use of the linked site.

Last edited by beltway; Nov 11, 2011 at 2:12 pm
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I've 6 Chase cards (3 freedom, UA,BA,CO), have to call in to cancel 2 freedom to get this one approved.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Points timing

Hi

When are the points posted after the first purchase?

Just got the card this week and made the first purchase. Checking the chase account online, it says statement closing on January 1, 2012 (!)...

Thank you!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan
I've 6 Chase cards (3 freedom...)
OK, I'll bite: why do you have 3 Freedom cards? Did you get a bonus on more than one? This really does cry out for a bit more background.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Savannah2000
Hi

When are the points posted after the first purchase?

Just got the card this week and made the first purchase. Checking the chase account online, it says statement closing on January 1, 2012 (!)...

Thank you!
Points usually post at the first statement. Sometimes at the second. Don't worry about the closing date online--until your actual first closing date, chase.com gives you some strange (but not accurate) dates.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by beltway
OK, I'll bite: why do you have 3 Freedom cards? Did you get a bonus on more than one? This really does cry out for a bit more background.
These are very old freedom cards, think I got all of the 3 in 2007 or 2008.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The link to the app. is still working. It doesn't say how many points you will get but that is not unusual. Chase is good about honoring offers. Give it a go:
https://applynowdc1.chase.com/FlexAp...DF01&SPID=DN7M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.