Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions about Ultimate Rewards 7% annual bonus, awarded in February [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
You'll receive a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases made with your Chase Sapphire Preferred card during the previous year. ("Year" means, for your first year as a cardmember, the period beginning with your Enrollment Date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of that same year. For each year thereafter, "Year" means the twelve billing cycle period beginning the day after your billing cycle with a December closing date through your billing cycle with a December closing date of the next year.) Your 7% Annual Points Dividend will appear on your January or February billing statement. You will not earn the 7% Annual Points Dividend on new account bonus points, previous Annual Points Dividends awarded, or points transferred into your account. There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. Bonus/Promotional offers may have a maximum accumulation. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.
Even though the terms specify that the 7% Dividend will be awarded on the January or February statement, this has been pushed forward to March in 2014 for some accounts. See discussion beginning at post 206.
Print Wikipost

Questions about Ultimate Rewards 7% annual bonus, awarded in February [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

If I transfer my Freedom points to my Sapphire Preferred account, will those points be eligible to earn the 7% annual bonus on points earned? Or is it only those points earned on the Sapphire card that are eligible?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
7% bonus only applies to points earned on the Sapphire Preferred.
Originally Posted by j-rad
If I transfer my Freedom points to my Sapphire Preferred account, will those points be eligible to earn the 7% annual bonus on points earned? Or is it only those points earned on the Sapphire card that are eligible?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 9:54 am

7% Bonus: Applied to what?

Let me apologize upfront if my question has already been asked and answered. If so, I couldn't find any reference in this forum. Simply, my question is: does the 7% bonus also apply to the additional points earned by spending on the specified categories? E.G., if you spend $100 on a rental car, you're supposed to get an additional 100 points for a total of 200 points; does the bonus make it 214? Thanks for your input.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:11 am

Simply, my question is: does the 7% bonus also apply to the additional points earned by spending on the specified categories?
I believe others have indicated the bonus applies to all points, including bonus points and the sign up bonus.

This bonus is supposed to post at the end of the year right? It posts with your December statement? I just got my December statement, which was my first statement, and was expecting to see the 7% points bonus on there but did not - should it have been there? What does it look like on the statement?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Palaimo
I believe others have indicated the bonus applies to all points, including bonus points and the sign up bonus.

This bonus is supposed to post at the end of the year right? It posts with your December statement? I just got my December statement, which was my first statement, and was expecting to see the 7% points bonus on there but did not - should it have been there? What does it look like on the statement?
I'd think it might be after the 1st of the year. Points earned very close to the closing date don't necessarily make it onto the current month if they come from bonuses so if the 7% is on total earnings, it may take a month to allow everything to post.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Palaimo

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by XFed2001
Thanks for your prompt reply.
Just called Chase Sapphire and was told that the 7% bonus should show up in one's Feb statement so that anything charged after the statement date in Dec will not count for 2011 bonus accrual purposes.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by XFed2001
Just called Chase Sapphire and was told that the 7% bonus should show up in one's Feb statement so that anything charged after the statement date in Dec will not count for 2011 bonus accrual purposes.
Thanks for the info! Good to know!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 6:02 pm

Has anyone received the 7% annual UR bonus yet?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by adlibitum
Not posted for me yet. I wonder when are they going to post those points.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:01 pm

Some of my transactions via UR Mall didn't "register" as well. An e-mail or phone call pointing out the transaction on my Chase card seems to work. I wonder if certain browsers are not playing well with the Mall?

The 7% bonus points should post by Feb. statement.
You will receive a yearly bonus of 7% of all points you earned in the previous Year. ("Year" means, for your first year as a cardmember, the period beginning with your enrollment date through your December statement date of that same year. For each year thereafter, "Year" means the twelve month period beginning the day after your December statement date through your December statement date of the next year). Your bonus will appear on your January or February billing statement.
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...rred-card.aspx
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by adlibitum
My friend got them when his statement closed this month. I don't have mine yet. I bet they post with your first statement that closes in 2012.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Year end bonus if cancelling?????

Automatically get a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all the points you've earned throughout the year – even if you've redeemed them. The more points you earn, the greater your year-end bonus.

So up above is what it says about the card. What happens if you cancel the card before year end? Presumably you lose the bonus. So maybe the first year when you get the 50K points, you pay the first year annual fee of $95 even though that less than the value of the extra 7% points received. Comments?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by aviator33
Automatically get a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all the points you've earned throughout the year – even if you've redeemed them. The more points you earn, the greater your year-end bonus.

So up above is what it says about the card. What happens if you cancel the card before year end? Presumably you lose the bonus. So maybe the first year when you get the 50K points, you pay the first year annual fee of $95 even though that less than the value of the extra 7% points received. Comments?
Yes, you would lose the bonus if you cancel before it posts. If you cancel after it posts, you should have whatever grace period Chase gives to transfer the points somewhere. You could also see what retention would give you for keeping the card: refunding the annual free, point bonus, etc.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by aviator33

This could only happen if you opened the card in January?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.