Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Duke787
70k link no longer appears to work for elites. Tried it a couple times (both the crossed out landing page and the application page). I'm logged into my account in a different tab on Chrome so that shouldn't be the issue.

My Marriott account only shows me the 80k offer now which is unfortunate - would've preferred the 70k offer - now I might just find another Chase card or skip Chase this time around
On July 17, early in the morning, I was able to apply for the 70K link and I got the offer. The card is on its way, and Chase confirmed the promotion. But I had to log in, and then it took me 9 or 10 times clicking on the link to take me to the 70K app page. The times that it didn't work, a page came up that said the offer was no longer available and I was diverted to the 80K offer.

Now, like you, I can't get the 70K link for elites to work at all. I tried it about 15 times, and it still didn't work. I think it is dead. I updated the wiki.

I can't get the 50K personal offer to work either. So that has been removed from the wiki as well.

Well, I just started clicking on all the links in the wiki. The 50K business card offer doesn't work anymore, too.

I just looked at the Chase website, and there is an 80K business card now. Link added to wiki. Annual fee of $99 not waived, and no cat 1-4 night the first year.

Last edited by jeanie; Jul 24, 2015 at 9:24 pm
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:09 am

used the 70K business Visa offer for spending $2000 in 3 months
got the old
Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.
Which is good cause I'm trying to meet my SPG card spending.
Been tuff since I lost my $5k a month churning through amazon payments.
but at least the wiki link does still work.
I was wanting to wait but since it seemed the rest of the 70k links were disappearing, I went ahead
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:52 am

New-ish to Marriot, but I searched through the thread as I often do

Questions:

1. Looking at the threads, there were some reports that you'll get the bonus for both the biz and personal card, but you don't get the free night cert if you have both (you only get once as it's on Marriott side with a lookback of 5 years is what I gathered). Is that still the case? It seemed that some people got lucky and got both. But it's a matter of luck, I think I'll just pay the annual fee and opt for the extra 10k points.

2. Is the one per account bonus cert just referring to just the initial free night cert? Or does this policy extend to the 1-5 anniversary cert (that'd you get only one cert in spite of having two cards if you renew both cards) Any one have experience with it yet?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
1. Looking at the threads, there were some reports that you'll get the bonus for both the biz and personal card, but you don't get the free night cert if you have both (you only get once as it's on Marriott side with a lookback of 5 years is what I gathered). Is that still the case? It seemed that some people got lucky and got both.
IIRC, we've had far more reports recently of people getting certs for both cards. That was certainly the recent experience in my household.

2. Is the one per account bonus cert just referring to just the initial free night cert? Or does this policy extend to the 1-5 anniversary cert (that'd you get only one cert in spite of having two cards if you renew both cards) Any one have experience with it yet?
To the extent that policy is still sporadically in effect, my impression is that it applies only to the signup cert, not to anniversary certs.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Titanium Elite Marriott, Celebrity Elite, IHG, Hilton Diamond
Chase marriott reward credit cards.

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
It's pretty clearly outlined in the wiki at the top of the page. The 80k offer does NOT include a free cat. 1-4 night and the annual fee is NOT waived.

The 70k offer includes a free cat. 1-4 night and the annual fee is waived for the first year.

The general consensus is that the 70k offer provides a better value.
"Marriott Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card

ANNUAL FREE NIGHT STAY*
You'll receive a free night stay in a category 1-5 hotel each year after your account anniversary.

Earn 80,000 Bonus Points
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $3,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Marriott Rewards account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. If your account is not open for at least 6 months, Marriott and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points from your Marriott Rewards account.

Annual free night stay
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from your account anniversary date for your Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate to be automatically deposited into your Marriott Rewards Account. Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate is valid for hotels in categories 1-5. For participating category 1-5 locations, log on to MarriottRewards.com Opens Overlay or call 1-800-321-7396. All E-Certificates issued prior to 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 6 months and all E-Certificates issued on or after 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 12 months. E-Certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points. To qualify for the Anniversary Free Night Stay E-Certificate, your account must be open and not in default on your account anniversary date. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment. Annual fee applies. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms."
Old Jul 27, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I recently got the card under the 70,000 offer. I made my $2,000 spend in the very first month, but only the actual spend points showed up in my account. Do you have to wait the full 3 months for the bonus points, even if you hit the mark in the first month?

The 1-4 certificate showed up right away, a month ago, almost as soon as the account was approved.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I recently got the card under the 70,000 offer. I made my $2,000 spend in the very first month, but only the actual spend points showed up in my account. Do you have to wait the full 3 months for the bonus points, even if you hit the mark in the first month?
Have you read the section of the wiki titled
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I have now.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone used the 70K Biz offer apply page line recently?

I notice both the 70K and 80K have same "elements" in the URL except the 70K has FCY7 attached at the end while the other 2 80K dont have.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: UR, MR, United, SPG
So not sure if this was a mistake or not, but I applied for the 80K personal offer, no AF waived. I know I was not supposed to receive the first year cat 1-4 free night, but I actually did receive it in my account a few days after approval. I did apply through a friend's referral link, so not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Marriott 80k Bonus offer

What do you guys think about this card?

80k points seems pretty substantial.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Uleepera
What do you guys think about this card?

80k points seems pretty substantial.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Ck. the wiki above and read the last 2 pages. It's the best offer I've ever seen. If you stay in Cat. 9 hotel (45K pts required) it will only get you one night however. The initial free night (Cat. 1-4 I think) is nice and the free night on anniversary (Cat. 1>5 I think) is nice.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 7, 2015 at 10:12 pm Reason: strike wrong info
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Ck. the wiki above and read the last 2 pages. It's the best offer I've ever seen. If you stay in Cat. 9 hotel (45K pts required) it will only get you one night however. The initial free night (Cat. 1-4 I think) is nice and the free night on anniversary (Cat. 1>5 I think) is also good.

Worth to point out - there is NO first free night offer currently on personal card.

80K offer does NOT have initial free night just so you know.

70K offer for personal card has died. The biz card has only the app page still worked but nobody knows how long it would last.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 7, 2015 at 10:12 pm Reason: remove rude comment
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by philemer
Ck. the wiki above and read the last 2 pages. It's the best offer I've ever seen.
The 80k offer is the best available now but it's hardly the best ever. The previous offer of 70k was actually better. Yes, it provided 10k fewer points but it waived the $89 AF the first year and provided a Cat 1-4 cert right away (in addition to the Cat 1-5 cert on anniversaries). Together these benefits are worth well more than 10k points. I'd value them at about 25k.

There's no guarantee, though, that Chase will go back to the 70k/AFwaived/Cat1-4 offer after the 80k offer expires. They may well fall back to the standard deal they offered for years before that, which was 50k points, AF waived first year, Cat 1-4 cert to start and Cat 1-5 on anniversaries. By my math above that's slightly less valuable than today's 80k offer.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:26 pm

What will be the next offer?

I'll be staying at Marriott in November for a few nights, so I'm debating if I should jump in to get the 80k offer now or wait to see if there's anything coming up by mid October. Any thoughts? (I hope the 70k with annual fee waived for the first year come back.)

The reason I'm hesitating because I just got my Hilton Visa Signature 2 weeks ago and am a bit worried about meeting minimum spending requirement for that plus Marriott's. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.