Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ultimate Reward Points Transferrable to Another Person?

Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Can Chase Ultimate Rewards Points be transferred from one person to another with a qualifying account (Sapphire, Freedom, Ink account)? US Bank allows this for their FlexPerks points.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Sorry for any confusion, I meant to another person's Ultimate Rewards account, not another person's FFP account.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
My mistake for not reading your original post carefully.

I don't think you can transfer UR points between different users' UR accounts. On the other hand, UR points across the same person's different UR accounts can be consolidated (e.g. from Freedom to Sapphire)
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
The two chase accounts have to be one the same name. So if you have a sapphire preferred and your wife has freedom there is no way to transfer your wife points to yours.

however if you are talking about transferring sapphire points into things like hyatt points then there has been reported to work regardless of the name.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dldkjones
Can Chase Ultimate Rewards Points be transferred from one person to another with a qualifying account (Sapphire, Freedom, Ink account)?
I don't know -- but why does it matter? You can transfer UR points into any person's airline/hotel account from among the participating partners.

(OK, one scenario: you want to book travel directly using UR points, in which case there are obvious reasons to want all the points in one account.)

Originally Posted by FOX85
however if you are talking about transferring sapphire points into things like hyatt points then there has been reported to work regardless of the name.
Such reports are 100% accurate.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by beltway
(OK, one scenario: you want to book travel directly using UR points, in which case there are obvious reasons to want all the points in one account.)
Bingo - that's what I'd be interested in doing (combining points in my wife's account any my account to purchase one ticket).
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Bingo - that's what I'd be interested in doing (combining points in my wife's account any my account to purchase one ticket).
I don't think you can do it. That said, what's the harm in calling Chase and asking?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
I think want OP is trying to do is have two different people with a card like freedom which has 5x bonus on first 1500 spend in certain catagories. But only has one person with sapphire preferred. That way they get a lot of bonus points but do not have to pay the annual free for two sapphire cards.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by dldkjones
Can Chase Ultimate Rewards Points be transferred from one person to another with a qualifying account (Sapphire, Freedom, Ink account)? US Bank allows this for their FlexPerks points.
Yes. I transferred points from my Freedom account to my wife's Sapphire Preferred account successfully. Click "Combine Points" from the list under "Manage Ultimate Rewards" on Ultimate Rewards website. At the verify step, the terms and conditions read:

Account-to-Account Point/Cash Back Rewards Transfers: Cash Back Rewards is a form of rebates subject to these Program Redemption Rules. You may transfer points/rebates to any other eligible credit card or debit card with Ultimate Rewards. You may only transfer points to accounts earning in points and rebates to accounts earning in rebates. Transfers may only be used to combine points/rebates belonging to the same individual or business in the Program; or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine points/rebates earned in their respective names. If the transferee's or your credit card account(s) or checking account(s), as applicable, are in default at the time of the transfer, Chase will not make the transfer. Once points/rebates are transferred, they cannot be credited back.

So, yes, you can do it.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Originally Posted by jclin
Yes. I transferred points from my Freedom account to my wife's Sapphire Preferred account successfully. Click "Combine Points" from the list under "Manage Ultimate Rewards" on Ultimate Rewards website.

So, yes, you can do it.
Thanks for pointing this out! ^ I just tried this and it worked. You just need to choose "other" and input the other user's name and account number. And the transfer is instant.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:13 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
That is great to know. Thanks for sharing!
Originally Posted by jclin
or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine points/rebates earned in their respective names. If the transferee's or your credit card account(s) or checking account(s), as applicable, are in default at the time of the transfer, Chase will not make the transfer. Once points/rebates are transferred, they cannot be credited back.

So, yes, you can do it.
Old May 13, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: Aadvantage Mileage Plus
Easier to transfer points from Sapphire to sapphire or to united?

My husband and I both have sapphire cards and would like to consolidate united points so that he has enough for 2 award tickets and i have enough for three in my account. Is it easier for him to transfer points from his sapphire account to mine or straight into my united account?
Old May 13, 2012, 10:41 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by fillerlady
My husband and I both have sapphire cards and would like to consolidate united points so that he has enough for 2 award tickets and i have enough for three in my account. Is it easier for him to transfer points from his sapphire account to mine or straight into my united account?
They are both so easy it really doesn't matter which you choose. It's just a matter of a few key strokes for either.
Old May 13, 2012, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
They are both so easy it really doesn't matter which you choose. It's just a matter of a few key strokes for either.
+1. This is a big reason why Chase has caught up to (and arguably overtaken) Amex's Membership Rewards program in the past 18 months.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: IHG Plat; HH Gold; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FOX85
Hello Greetings
I am newbie in this Thread

Can any one confirm this tsill valid for 2020
Because this statement was in 2011

Regards

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.