Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:06 pm   #1
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 1,202
Chase Ultimate Reward Points Transferrable to Another Person?

Can Chase Ultimate Rewards Points be transferred from one person to another with a qualifying account (Sapphire, Freedom, Ink account)? US Bank allows this for their FlexPerks points.
__________________
HH Diamond, PC Plat., NW Silver
dldkjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:37 pm   #2
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 1,202
Sorry for any confusion, I meant to another person's Ultimate Rewards account, not another person's FFP account.
__________________
HH Diamond, PC Plat., NW Silver
dldkjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 1:18 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Posts: 229
My mistake for not reading your original post carefully.

I don't think you can transfer UR points between different users' UR accounts. On the other hand, UR points across the same person's different UR accounts can be consolidated (e.g. from Freedom to Sapphire)
efox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 1:45 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario, California
Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Posts: 359
The two chase accounts have to be one the same name. So if you have a sapphire preferred and your wife has freedom there is no way to transfer your wife points to yours.

however if you are talking about transferring sapphire points into things like hyatt points then there has been reported to work regardless of the name.
FOX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 1:47 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: SPG Gold, UA Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron, Hyatt Plat, Priority Club Plat
Posts: 3,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldkjones View Post
Can Chase Ultimate Rewards Points be transferred from one person to another with a qualifying account (Sapphire, Freedom, Ink account)?
I don't know -- but why does it matter? You can transfer UR points into any person's airline/hotel account from among the participating partners.

(OK, one scenario: you want to book travel directly using UR points, in which case there are obvious reasons to want all the points in one account.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX85 View Post
however if you are talking about transferring sapphire points into things like hyatt points then there has been reported to work regardless of the name.
Such reports are 100% accurate.
__________________
Baffled by Hilton's award options? Read my multi-part FAQ.
beltway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 1:57 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DTW
Programs: DL/NW: Plat; NW WC (DL SC): Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltway View Post
(OK, one scenario: you want to book travel directly using UR points, in which case there are obvious reasons to want all the points in one account.)
Bingo - that's what I'd be interested in doing (combining points in my wife's account any my account to purchase one ticket).
__________________
Rule #1 of Mistake Fares: Don't call the airline till the fare is long gone.
bostonbali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:15 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: SPG Gold, UA Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron, Hyatt Plat, Priority Club Plat
Posts: 3,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbali View Post
Bingo - that's what I'd be interested in doing (combining points in my wife's account any my account to purchase one ticket).
I don't think you can do it. That said, what's the harm in calling Chase and asking?
__________________
Baffled by Hilton's award options? Read my multi-part FAQ.
beltway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:22 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ontario, California
Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
Posts: 359
I think want OP is trying to do is have two different people with a card like freedom which has 5x bonus on first 1500 spend in certain catagories. But only has one person with sapphire preferred. That way they get a lot of bonus points but do not have to pay the annual free for two sapphire cards.
FOX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 5:46 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldkjones View Post
Can Chase Ultimate Rewards Points be transferred from one person to another with a qualifying account (Sapphire, Freedom, Ink account)? US Bank allows this for their FlexPerks points.
Yes. I transferred points from my Freedom account to my wife's Sapphire Preferred account successfully. Click "Combine Points" from the list under "Manage Ultimate Rewards" on Ultimate Rewards website. At the verify step, the terms and conditions read:

Account-to-Account Point/Cash Back Rewards Transfers: Cash Back Rewards is a form of rebates subject to these Program Redemption Rules. You may transfer points/rebates to any other eligible credit card or debit card with Ultimate Rewards. You may only transfer points to accounts earning in points and rebates to accounts earning in rebates. Transfers may only be used to combine points/rebates belonging to the same individual or business in the Program; or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine points/rebates earned in their respective names. If the transferee's or your credit card account(s) or checking account(s), as applicable, are in default at the time of the transfer, Chase will not make the transfer. Once points/rebates are transferred, they cannot be credited back.

So, yes, you can do it.
jclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 7:45 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclin View Post
Yes. I transferred points from my Freedom account to my wife's Sapphire Preferred account successfully. Click "Combine Points" from the list under "Manage Ultimate Rewards" on Ultimate Rewards website.

So, yes, you can do it.
Thanks for pointing this out! I just tried this and it worked. You just need to choose "other" and input the other user's name and account number. And the transfer is instant.
efox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 11, 12:13 am   #11
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: L.A.
Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Posts: 419
That is great to know. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclin View Post
or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine points/rebates earned in their respective names. If the transferee's or your credit card account(s) or checking account(s), as applicable, are in default at the time of the transfer, Chase will not make the transfer. Once points/rebates are transferred, they cannot be credited back.

So, yes, you can do it.
leonard016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 12, 9:40 am   #12
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indiana
Programs: Aadvantage Mileage Plus
Posts: 38
Easier to transfer points from Sapphire to sapphire or to united?

My husband and I both have sapphire cards and would like to consolidate united points so that he has enough for 2 award tickets and i have enough for three in my account. Is it easier for him to transfer points from his sapphire account to mine or straight into my united account?
fillerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 12, 10:41 am   #13
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 23,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillerlady View Post
My husband and I both have sapphire cards and would like to consolidate united points so that he has enough for 2 award tickets and i have enough for three in my account. Is it easier for him to transfer points from his sapphire account to mine or straight into my united account?
They are both so easy it really doesn't matter which you choose. It's just a matter of a few key strokes for either.
SanDiego1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 12, 6:23 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: SPG Gold, UA Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron, Hyatt Plat, Priority Club Plat
Posts: 3,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
They are both so easy it really doesn't matter which you choose. It's just a matter of a few key strokes for either.
+1. This is a big reason why Chase has caught up to (and arguably overtaken) Amex's Membership Rewards program in the past 18 months.
__________________
Baffled by Hilton's award options? Read my multi-part FAQ.
beltway is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 am.