Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by kendenton
My Black Friday Best Buy purchase posted today ^

11/29/2011 12/08/2011 Online Purchase BestBuy.com
Same here ^
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by petemoss14
Same here ^
Mine also posted!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:30 am

Groupon

Hey Everyone,

I don't use groupon very often, but occasionally will find a good deal there and take advantage. When I saw that groupon was offering 12X points through the UR mall, I just about forced myself to find something.

However, when I clicked the link it brought up the standard redirect page which indicated 15X bonus! Even better!

So, I'll have to see what actually posted, but if I get 15X that means my $35 purchase just earned me 560 points
Old Dec 9, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Palaimo
When I saw that groupon was offering 12X points through the UR mall, I just about forced myself to find something.

However, when I clicked the link it brought up the standard redirect page which indicated 15X bonus!
Is this deal still going on? I can't seem to find it on my Groupon page. Please provide a link if the deal is still available. Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:00 pm

From the UR homepage click "earn points" on the left hand side, then click "browse by merchant." A list of all of the participating merchants will show up. Groupon is listed as offering 12X points, but 15X is what comes up when you click on the link.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
I've made 4 Groupon purchases through the UR mall over the last week and they were all at the 12x rate.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:07 pm

Either way its a good deal (I was gonna do it at the 12X rate either way) but I saved the 15X rate screenshot just in case. Kind of odd it came up that way. When you purchased did yours show 15X as well?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:13 pm

No, just 12x. Some of the purchases have already shown up on UR, and they earned 12x as expected.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:16 pm

Actually. I just reloaded UR and now it shows 15X on both screens. They must have just adjusted it. Ha!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:27 pm

Actually. I just reloaded UR and now it shows 15X on both screens. They must have just adjusted it. Ha!
Indeed it does! So there's about 1,000 more points I could have earned this week.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:35 pm

Maybe you could call them and they would do a "courtesy adjustment"? Now I wonder which one I will get - since the link (when I clicked it) said 12x, but lead me to a redirect for 15X? I hope 15!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
From the UR homepage click "earn points" on the left hand side, then click "browse by merchant." A list of all of the participating merchants will show up. Groupon is listed as offering 12X points, but 15X is what comes up when you click on the link.
Thanks. I was doing it backwards, going to Groupon first. Recent cardmember, still learning and liking the card a lot.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:08 pm

My hubby got instantly approved for the card when he applied online, my mother got the same message as you. She got an approval letter in the mail later.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Just got off the phone with UR CS (in the US) and learned some interesting things I didn't know:

1) UR has recently started a new practice of emailing customers within 4-5 days of completing a purchase through UR mall to confirm the transactions and bonus points.

2) My Best Buy transactions have not yet posted but they can tell I was on UR on 11/25 and browsing Best Buy.

3) Since I used my Sapphire card to complete the purchases at Best Buy she could see the transactions and assured me I would get the points with the 10x bonus.

4) I asked her if I was being impatient and if I should have waited 45 days, and she said no, it was fine to call in. In fact I'm not the first to call in with a problem with Best Buy posting. The more reports they get from users about problems with Best Buy, the more attention it will get from the technical team.

5) I mentioned I had "friends" who also were waiting for Best Buy purchases to post, and she recommended they send a secure message to Customer Service with screenshots and receipts if they have them. Since they can tell if a customer was on UR mall on that day, they can investigate manually.

I have to say, my confidence in Chase and UR Mall is fully restored. Astonishingly good customer service.
This is interesting information. I have been waiting over a month for $50 from Groupon to post when it was a 20x special. (Though, I'm not sure if the American Apparel Gift Cards qualified?) I also purchased $10 for movie tickets on Groupon for 12x and have not received bonus points or a confirmation e-mail. Can you send a secure message directly from Ultimate Rewards or do you go to your Chase account page?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by future elite
I have been waiting over a month for $50 from Groupon to post when it was a 20x special. (Though, I'm not sure if the American Apparel Gift Cards qualified?)
They did; I think my points showed up a couple days later. I would send a message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.