Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
"every hotel price on the UR site was considerably more money!"

That's the only reason I posted, because I was so surprised to find a hotel that actually seemed like a good deal.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
"every hotel price on the UR site was considerably more money!"

That's the only reason I posted, because I was so surprised to find a hotel that actually seemed like a good deal.
I did make a call today to Ultimate Rewards for clarification about their hotel pricing and the differences I see versus hotel pricing on a website. Seems like this is a basic rate that is negotiated with them ahead of time. When you make a reservation through UR for a hotel, the points are then pulled from your account. UR then pays the hotel....kind of like a prepaid reservation. If you ever need to make a change to a reservation I was told it ALL had to be made back through UR and not through a hotel directly.

Not to say this is a non-refundable rate. You have to look at each hotel on UR for the cancellation policies for each rate you are quoted.

My example was there is an Outrigger condo in Hawaii for $607 taxes included. Or this would cost me 48,602 points. I also found out I could get the very same room with a military discount. The cost of the room is $499. If I just want to book it on my own I can do so and use my points...49900. Not enough savings to have me use my points...

I did ask them if they can get my the military rate using UR points...answer was no. I also asked if once Outrigger had the reservation could I call them and get the room rate lowered. Once again "no" because it is prepaid.....
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:37 am

Bonus just posted today!

Got through the spend in two months and they posted with the second statement. Awesome!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:19 am

Ultimate Rewards point to Hyatt transfer issue

Has anyone transferred their UR points to Hyatt GP accounts in the past few days? I have been trying this past couple of days, but it keeps giving me an error saying system unavailable. the thing is, i am transferring to someone else, and i wonder if they've taken that ability away (ie. transfer UR points to someone else' GP account)
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by FTfan2010
Has anyone transferred their UR points to Hyatt GP accounts in the past few days? I have been trying this past couple of days, but it keeps giving me an error saying system unavailable. the thing is, i am transferring to someone else, and i wonder if they've taken that ability away (ie. transfer UR points to someone else' GP account)
Exact same situation. I was trying to transfer my points to my husband's Hyatt account. I finally moved them into his Sapphire account, and he can move them from there.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by mareh
Exact same situation. I was trying to transfer my points to my husband's Hyatt account. I finally moved them into his Sapphire account, and he can move them from there.
Hmm...my husband and I both got Sapphire cards. Our plan was to cancel one and keep one when the annual fee came due. I figured we would just keep mine since we have been using that one for months...but he has the Hyatt account! So if they are locking this down and the first and last names must match then it looks like my account will be the one to go!

And since I have a Freedom also it looks like I will be able to transfer my points from that account over to his Sapphire to allow for transfer to Hyatt... am I correct? I can transfer my Ultimate Rewards I earn from Freedom over to HIS Sapphire account?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
Hmm...my husband and I both got Sapphire cards. Our plan was to cancel one and keep one when the annual fee came due. I figured we would just keep mine since we have been using that one for months...but he has the Hyatt account! So if they are locking this down and the first and last names must match then it looks like my account will be the one to go!

And since I have a Freedom also it looks like I will be able to transfer my points from that account over to his Sapphire to allow for transfer to Hyatt... am I correct? I can transfer my Ultimate Rewards I earn from Freedom over to HIS Sapphire account?
Correct, Chase makes it extremely easy to transfer between accounts so you will have no problem moving your Freedom points to his Preferred account and then him transferring to Hyatt. In my personal experience I never encountered any point transfer delays, everything was always instantaneous.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:30 pm

took 4 recon call but they pushed the app through, my balances on my CC where a bit high (wife went crazy over xmas)
I gotta say, it 's a nice looking card and the reps on the phone were the nicest and most helpful I have talked to so far.
Citi reps barely spoke english... was kind of sad.
Met my onus reqs in a day just paying the house taxes on it. Now just waiting for 50k points to post
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by josephstern
Did you originally get the card in January of 2011?

I think the year is by YOUR anniversary, not a calendar year.
T&C state year ends in december and bonus will be on january/february statement. Most should see it in february unless your statement date is the 31st
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joediver
T&C state year ends in december and bonus will be on january/february statement. Most should see it in february unless your statement date is the 31st
OK - my mistake. Very interesting.

I'm pretty sure, then, that we'll be seeing a flood of posts here when they start coming, and flood of blog posts about it as well.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:58 am

My GF applied for the Sapphire Preferred over a week ago and hasn't heard anything back. Whats the best way to get an answer? She doesn't want to apply again and have an another credit pull. thanks
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ladan05
My GF applied for the Sapphire Preferred over a week ago and hasn't heard anything back. Whats the best way to get an answer? She doesn't want to apply again and have an another credit pull. thanks
call 800 432 3117 application status
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by SPLP007
call 800 432 3117 application status
thank you
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:06 pm

It seems I also received the dividend on the points I transferred from my Chase Freedom card. Nice!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:27 pm

CSP, and Lufthansa?

I got a snailmail invitation for the CSP with the 50K bonus after first use, did some research, and got the card. I'm thinking about getting my wife to sign up as well, although without the invitation she'll probably get 50K after a $3K spend, correct?

Every couple of years we travel business class to Europe, and we really like Lufthansa. Is the CSP a good fit for contributing towards these trips? Would we be better off with a different airline, given the CSP partners, etc.?

Is it possible to buy a Y ticket and use the CSP points to upgrade to C/J, or is that so inefficient as to be a waste? Is it better to just use points to buy a C ticket?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.