Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, *wood Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, A|Club Platinum, Avis President's Club
Chase Ultimate Rewards to British Airways instantaneous transfer.

^I needed to transfer 3000 miles from Chase Ultimate Rewards to British Airways. Got on the site, made the transfer. Checked on the BA site and the 3000 Avios had been instantaneously moved and I was able to book. Very nice, Chase!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:02 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
My 50K sign up bonus posted before cycle closed and pre my payment.
50K bonus appeared on the date the statement generated.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:43 pm

Just activated my card and was told there is a "dedicated" line and a rep would always answer the call.
That is quite nice, without having to press numbers to get to what i need.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Just activated my card and was told there is a "dedicated" line and a rep would always answer the call.
That is quite nice, without having to press numbers to get to what i need.
I hadn't realized what a great feature this is until I had to call the Chase BA line today, and wade through the options. The couple of times I've had to call the Sapphire line, they've picked up straight away, and been very helpful.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I have 2 family accounts with Ultimate rewards -
1) One with chase sapphire: X
2) One with chase sapphire preferred: Y
I know that I can combine Y+X into one account. Once consolidated, can I also transfer Y+X into UA or other transfer partners? Also does the names (transfer partner and Ultimate rewards) have to match?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Chase Sapphire Preferred

Is this card worth it. Looks like you can get 50k points after 3k spend. Do their points work like AMEX MR points where they transfer 1:1 to airline FF miles? I only value credit card points that I can move to FF programs at 1:1 or better so I can book award tickets. Should I apply for this card? Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Is this card worth it. Looks like you can get 50k points after 3k spend. Do their points work like AMEX MR points where they transfer 1:1 to airline FF miles? I only value credit card points that I can move to FF programs at 1:1 or better so I can book award tickets. Should I apply for this card? Thanks!
Just like Amex MR. Main difference to me is you can transfer 1:1 to UA/CO with Chase UR. Great card, lots of bonus points avail. Read Lucky, Gary, Points Guy, Million Mile Secrets, etc blogs
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
You might want to take a look at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ts-thread.html
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Will the new united remain a partner once the merger is complete? Also, have there been higher offers? Should I take it at 50 or wait?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Will the new united remain a partner once the merger is complete? Also, have there been higher offers? Should I take it at 50 or wait?
It has been posted several times before that the transfer to UA already exists with UR from Sapphire. Higher offers have been only targeted (save a few lucky ones who got bumped up over one single weekend - that will never happen again)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA PM
With the recent AC devaluation UR points are looking better and better vs. Amex MR points. I would (and personally did) take it at 50K and put any restaurant spend on it for the 2X bonus.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by snaporaz
With the recent AC devaluation UR points are looking better and better vs. Amex MR points. I would (and personally did) take it at 50K and put any restaurant spend on it for the 2X bonus.
Unless you (or a spouse/family member/trusted friend) have the Chase Freedom card, which is giving 5 UR points/dollar at restaurants in Q4. Those points can be transfered to one's own (or anyone else's) Sapphire Preferred UR account, and thence to any of the listed airline/hotel partners.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: many
I really like the flexibility to transfer points between other UR accounts including family members, all instantaneously without any fees.
While I await the added 7% annual bonus to apply later next year, I'm also racking up the additional yearly spend bonus from the Ink Bold side (far greater than the 7% on the Sapphire Preferred end) and can combine or transfer between the two.

Amex MR is holding less value to me other than the 3 X travel option and ability to transfer to Delta with periodic transfer bonus promotions.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Unless you (or a spouse/family member/trusted friend) have the Chase Freedom card, which is giving 5 UR points/dollar at restaurants in Q4. Those points can be transfered to one's own (or anyone else's) Sapphire Preferred UR account, and thence to any of the listed airline/hotel partners.
*up to $1,500 in spend though!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by infamousdx
*up to $1,500 in spend though!
Per account, yes. I suspect a good many couples have separate accounts (as we do in my household).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.