Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/2ffdyk

I didn't even need to log into my SWA account to see this on SWA home page
Old May 4, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by booyaa

I didn't even need to log into my SWA account to see this on SWA home page
Too easy. I prefer more of a challenge.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:20 pm

Anyone have any datapoints on people who have the $59 annual fee variant from when it gave two "Standard Awards" for roundtrips instead of 25,000 points? Wishing I had waited now, for the CP possibilities. The terms do say "first time SW card holders" - any chance of this working?
Old May 5, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by giantreesemar
Anyone have any datapoints on people who have the $59 annual fee variant from when it gave two "Standard Awards" for roundtrips instead of 25,000 points? Wishing I had waited now, for the CP possibilities. The terms do say "first time SW card holders" - any chance of this working?
There's a "Premier" card in both personal and biz that's $99 and may well be considered a different card from the $59.

A lot of people have been asking here if anyone has gotten Premier bonuses after having a Plus in the past, but there haven't been many responses yet.

Last edited by tassojunior; May 5, 2012 at 6:19 pm
Old May 5, 2012, 10:10 pm

Do you still have it or did you cancel it previously?

I got the old card in April 2009, canceled in July 2010, and got the new Premier card at the end of July 2011 and received the 50k points. I don't know if I got the bonus again because it's a different product or that I had waited long enough since my prior approval and cancellation. Others have also reported receiving the bonus after having had the old card in the past, but I'm not sure if there were any that applied for the new card while still having an active old card.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by facula
Do you still have it or did you cancel it previously?

I got the old card in April 2009, canceled in July 2010, and got the new Premier card at the end of July 2011 and received the 50k points. I don't know if I got the bonus again because it's a different product or that I had waited long enough since my prior approval and cancellation. Others have also reported receiving the bonus after having had the old card in the past, but I'm not sure if there were any that applied for the new card while still having an active old card.
It's still active, just hit it's one year anniversary for the 3,000 points (they at least converted that part...so it's a better deal than $69 annual fee for 3,000 points). I'm tempted just to call and ask to apply over the phone for the $99 annual fee version with 50k bonus, if they'll do that. I fly WN more than enough to make 6,000 points a year a valuable reward to me. I doubt it'd make a difference if I cancelled it/immediately applied vs. kept it and applied. I also just got a new Chase business card (Ink). May be close to tapped out with them, but the allure of the CP is strong for me given how much I use WN. will keep updates if I decide to call and see if a rep will confirm bonus for premier.
Old May 5, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: Lotz
I also just got Ink and Freedom about a month ago. As a matter of fact I closed my WN Plus biz card to get the Ink and the biz card is still on my online profile (showing closed). They refunded my $59 fee that had been paid a month earlier but I kept the 3K points for renewals.

CP is very tempting and I may just move the WN Premier cards up to next priority with Chase. I'm assuming my prior Plus cards won't stop the new bonus.

Here's an article on Plus vs Premier, the Companion Pass, and churning:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...-pass-quickly/

Last edited by tassojunior; May 5, 2012 at 11:12 pm
Old May 6, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
I had the same question as I have been looking for hard confirmation. I had one response saying I was good to go.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...us-signup.html
Old May 6, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by pattermj
I had the same question as I have been looking for hard confirmation. I had one response saying I was good to go.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...us-signup.html
Good news! I'll give it a shot without calling and see what happens.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:40 pm

I could be wrong, but I think this offer may be around for a while again.

I have found there are now at least 4 working links for the 50k offer:

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/2ffian

(from the Southwest In A Nutshell e-mail.. labeled a "limited time opportunity")

(from post #796, from the Southwest homepage.. right where the "Did You Know?" text pops up normally under the Travel Guide on the right column)

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so.../2ffproductbox

(currently found on the bottom of the Southwest homepage)

and it's the standard offer on Chase.com!

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx

.. found a 5th link.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...hereptstakeyou

Last edited by tripice351; May 11, 2012 at 11:25 pm Reason: found a fifth link
Old May 7, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Good news! I'll give it a shot without calling and see what happens.
Please let us know how it did go.
Old May 7, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
Originally Posted by opus2002
Please let us know how it did go.
Yea I got accepted a few days ago for the $69 one, figured I would play it safe until we knew for sure but I will post once I get the points (I plan on moving the billing date up)
Old May 11, 2012, 3:59 pm

Question about statement timing

So my wife just got approved for the personal and business premier cards. We are hoping to take at trip on July 20 using her points (and a newly minted companion pass). She will receive the cards tomorrow or Monday. What is the earliest date I could expect the points in her account?

She is going to try to move up her statement date to as soon as possible when she activates, but I'm trying to gauge how long it will take for the statement to close and the points to be deposited in her account so that I'm not booking the flight 2 weeks before we take it.
Old May 11, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
So my wife just got approved for the personal and business premier cards. We are hoping to take at trip on July 20 using her points (and a newly minted companion pass). She will receive the cards tomorrow or Monday. What is the earliest date I could expect the points in her account?

She is going to try to move up her statement date to as soon as possible when she activates, but I'm trying to gauge how long it will take for the statement to close and the points to be deposited in her account so that I'm not booking the flight 2 weeks before we take it.
Points should post within a day or two after statement closes, given that your first purchases are not too close to statement close date so the bonus has time to trigger. By not too close, I'd say have the purchases post maybe 3~5 days before statement close to be safe.

If trip is 7/20, you should have plenty of time.
Old May 11, 2012, 5:55 pm
Suspended

SW cards closed but have 2k points each. what to do?

both my wife and My SW cards are closed 3 months ago but we still have about 2k each southwest points left.
is there anything we can do with it? transfers to airline account ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.