Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by gablaze23
Was the annual fee not waived in the previous offer? Argh. I do not want to pay $100 lol
No it was not waived in last offer.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by gablaze23
Was the annual fee not waived in the previous offer? Argh. I do not want to pay $100 lol
Originally Posted by ricohitman
It was never waived in any of their offers. I would gladly pay $100 to get almost $835 in airfare. Just sayin...
... or gift card redemption. I cashed in my points last year. A penny a point is the current valuation.

So:

10,000 points = $100 Marriott or Hyatt gift card.
50,000 points = $500

You still net out several hundred dollars based on the card and the annual fee. Seems like a good deal to me.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:07 am

just applied for the SW RR Premier Card. Got the Plus card back in Jan-Feb 2012. Did not get instant approval (like always). Will probably get a call to move credit limit around from the different cards. I will probably ask them to close the RR Plus card and move over the limit to the RR Premier Card. Next stop, RR Business Plus card.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:19 pm

Data Point - applied for previous offer (25K after 1st Purchase) about 1 month ago. Sent secure message asking to match new offer. Got response today that they have matched offer and awarded the additional 25K RR miles. Sent message back asking date needed to reach 1K spend, but I have a feeling I may not need to do that based on the wording of their response (i.e. 25K additional RR miles are now credited to your account)

***Update: They credited me the extra 25K miles without any spend requirement. Thanks Chase!

Last edited by BQatWSU; Jul 19, 2012 at 10:16 am
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:46 pm

I applied for the premier card 4/25 and was approved 5/2, received/activated 5/7. So if I want to try to get the plus card as well you guys recommend waiting until 7/25 or 8/7 at the earliest?

Whats the time limit between chase apps? I also want to get the BA 50/50 and the Sapphire Preferred... so many good cards!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
It's always good to put 90 days between chase apps in my opinion. That way you are almost guaranteed to get the card. Even if you have 6 cards already you can always cancel 1 and move the credit to the new card. With the Plus and Premier personal cards you want to put some time in between since they are of the same nature. You can get a business and personal quite easily though.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:45 pm

I have a Personal Plus Card from last November. I'm thinking of applying for the Personal Premier and Business Premier. Anyone out there get all three 50,000 bonuses? I've heard 1 business and 1 personal and even 2 personals for 100,000 bonus but I'm curious if anyone actually has gotten all 3 cards and 150,000 in bonuses. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:46 am

Wife applied for and received the Premier Card in Jan, today applied and got instant approval on the Plus card. After making the required purchase, she will be 1000 points short of the CP.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Here's an interesting nugget.

I applied for the Premier card yesterday. (I already have the plus card) I was not approved instantly so I called today and found out they did approve it.

During my discussion with the rep, I was asking him to verify the points to be received and he said I'd get my 50,000 after my FIRST purchase. I asked if it didn't require a $1,000 spend? He said it was just a first purchase.

The original Plus card only required a first purchase so I don't know if he was getting them mixed up but it will be interesting to see what happens.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
For folks who received the bonus for both the Plus and Premier cards, did you cancel your first card before applying for the second?

I have a Premier card from last year that's still active, but I'm hoping to apply for the Plus card this time around to get this latest 50K offer.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Did not cancel cards. I have both the plus and the premier.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:21 pm

Just received both my personal and business cards today. Before I activate them I just want to verify one thing. I don't see any mention of the 50k bonus points with the information that was included. I did verify with the csr when I was being approved and she confirmed the 50k/$1k spend. I know I can call again but I just wanted to check here to see if this was normal.

Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tronic
Just received both my personal and business cards today. Before I activate them I just want to verify one thing. I don't see any mention of the 50k bonus points with the information that was included. I did verify with the csr when I was being approved and she confirmed the 50k/$1k spend. I know I can call again but I just wanted to check here to see if this was normal.

Thanks.
Not a problem. They use the same materials for all offers, thus they never state the bonus in the welcome package.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:05 pm

One more question, I have an SPG statement that is about to be paid in a few days. A CSR I talked to confirmed that balance transfers qualify for RR points so I'm thinking it's worth the small fee to transfer my SPG balance to Chase to get myself closer to that CP.

Are balance transfers instantaneous? IE, will my SPG read paid in full as soon I click submit? I never carry a balance so I don't want there to be a week lag in the transfer registering.

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tronic
One more question, I have an SPG statement that is about to be paid in a few days. A CSR I talked to confirmed that balance transfers qualify for RR points so I'm thinking it's worth the small fee to transfer my SPG balance to Chase to get myself closer to that CP.

Are balance transfers instantaneous? IE, will my SPG read paid in full as soon I click submit? I never carry a balance so I don't want there to be a week lag in the transfer registering.

Thanks
No. Usually with Chase it takes 7 days, sometimes 8 or 9 for the other bank to post the payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.