[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Subscribe
Quote: both my wife and My SW cards are closed 3 months ago but we still have about 2k each southwest points left.
is there anything we can do with it? transfers to airline account ?
Southwest points cannot be transferred. Your best off trying to book a short segment flight in the 6-7k range and trying to earn points to top it off.
Quote: Southwest points cannot be transferred. Your best off trying to book a short segment flight in the 6-7k range and trying to earn points to top it off.
but 2k points is not enough for any flights right? can i transfer chase points to SW and then do something? book any sw flight or gift cards or anything?

can those be done even when my SW card is closed?
Quote: but 2k points is not enough for any flights right? can i transfer chase points to SW and then do something? book any sw flight or gift cards or anything?

can those be done even when my SW card is closed?
Yes to all your questions
Quote: Yes to all your questions
found out that you are wrong. can't redeem sw points for gift cards when card is closed
Any active offers? All of them seems dead
Quote: Any active offers? All of them seems dead
The link on post 769 still seems to be working. Follow it to the MM blog and it works. Good luck
MM blog links appear to be broken now too. Hopefully, this will be back again.
Looks serious. Now the Southwest website itself has downgraded all of their card offers to 25,000 miles. Looks like I won't have to worry about getting the biz card now and going for the companion pass. He who hesitates...
Quote: Looks serious. Now the Southwest website itself has downgraded all of their card offers to 25,000 miles. Looks like I won't have to worry about getting the biz card now and going for the companion pass. He who hesitates...
They switch back and forth between 25k and 50k itermittently. Don't sweat it, I'm sure it'll be back soon enough.
Quote: Looks serious. Now the Southwest website itself has downgraded all of their card offers to 25,000 miles. Looks like I won't have to worry about getting the biz card now and going for the companion pass. He who hesitates...
Yep Looked at Noobtraveler.com sick deals page. The link is down there as well. Bounced it off him and he thought there was a chance the deal would cycle back up if you wanted to wait a little while. I missed out too! Ahhh..
Yep, I wanted to get the biz card for companion status too, but was waiting until I had more than 30 days since getting the personal card and had the available credit from a recently cancelled card clear from my credit report. Too much available credit is the only basis upon which Chase has ever denied me.

Should someone change the title status from [ACTIVE] to [COMATOSE] - in hopes that it will be back again?
Just to confirm from my earlier post, I can positively state that you get the 50k points here when you already received the RR1.0 card previously. I had the RR1.0 card with the 2roundtrips and $100GC bonus and kept it for 11 months. Closed it more than a year previously. Just made a new application for the $69 fee southwest 50k point card, I moved up my billing date and already have the points.
Quote: Just to confirm from my earlier post, I can positively state that you get the 50k points here when you already received the RR1.0 card previously. I had the RR1.0 card with the 2roundtrips and $100GC bonus and kept it for 11 months. Closed it more than a year previously. Just made a new application for the $69 fee southwest 50k point card, I moved up my billing date and already have the points.
Thanks for posting.

I haven't applied for a 2nd card, and I'll have to wait until another 50k deal comes in.
I've also been alerted by readers that the 50k Southwest links on my site are not working anymore either. I've done some scouring and haven't turned up a 50k offer that works as of right now, only 25k.

Like others have said, I wouldn't sweat it too much, at least not right away. These Southwest offers have had a history of bouncing back...let's just hope that is the case when it's time for me to go for the personal card and the Companion Pass!
Everyone still looking for a 50k offer, check your email and/or spam folders. While the 50k offer was running, Southwest was also sending out personalized invitation links via email to apply to those subscribed to the Southwest mailing list. I got two (one in March, one in April), and both still work and lead me to the 50k offer. The application is pre-filled with my name and address, so posting links won't help, but I bet a lot of you have these sitting in your mail and don't even know it.
5  45  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  65