Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by senioreditor
My wife and I applied for both the regular and business Premier and Plus Rapid Reward Cards and each received 200,000 miles! I didn't think it was possible but it is!
Thanks for the info. That is a key development! And congrats on the big haul.... Enjoy the travel!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:27 am

Biz Cards

Has anyone had luck getting approved for the business card by saying you will use it for reimbursable expenses from your employer? This seems like a legit reason to want to have a separate card, but I've heard Chase is tough on grilling people for business applications if you don't have a well-established business already.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
That happened to me. "New" business and they wouldn't go for it.

"No income yet so wait until you have some and then come back."
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Has anyone had luck getting approved for the business card by saying you will use it for reimbursable expenses from your employer? This seems like a legit reason to want to have a separate card, but I've heard Chase is tough on grilling people for business applications if you don't have a well-established business already.
I have heard of this being successful. I plan on using this when I apply for my next SWA card.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by longhorn11
I have heard of this being successful. I plan on using this when I apply for my next SWA card.
The application asks for average business checking account balance.

If this was the plan, then would you simply put your personal checking balance down since that will be where the business expenses will be funded from?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by tyfabes
The application asks for average business checking account balance.

If this was the plan, then would you simply put your personal checking balance down since that will be where the business expenses will be funded from?
On the application from MMS, that is an optional field (at least for the plus biz card). If it is not required, I wouldn't put anything down.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:36 pm

On the application from MMS, that is an optional field (at least for the plus biz card). If it is not required, I wouldn't put anything down.
Maybe I'm looking at a different link than you, but the one you're referencing does have a field for average business checking account amount.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:55 pm

Maybe I'm looking at a different link than you, but the one you're referencing does have a field for average business checking account amount.
Are you looking at the premier app or plus app? There is a field for avg checking balance, but it does not have an asterisk next to it (meaning it is not required to complete the app).
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:14 pm

Are you looking at the premier app or plus app? There is a field for avg checking balance, but it does not have an asterisk next to it (meaning it is not required to complete the app).
My fault, you're right. Not required. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:21 pm

My fault, you're right. Not required. Thanks for clearing that up.
No problem! For some reason Chase does not have a uniform biz card app, some require avg checking, revenue, address, etc. The SWA one seems to be the easiest as far as not requiring much information about your business.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:31 pm

No problem! For some reason Chase does not have a uniform biz card app, some require avg checking, revenue, address, etc. The SWA one seems to be the easiest as far as not requiring much information about your business.
My wife just applied tonight, but was not instantly approved. I'm guess we'll need to call to see if there's anything we can do to get approved.

She got the personal card and activated in January, but I activated last December and am too far away (points-wise) to try for CP.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:41 pm

My wife just applied tonight, but was not instantly approved. I'm guess we'll need to call to see if there's anything we can do to get approved.
Please let me know how it turns out - my wife is going to do the same thing in the near future.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:56 pm

Don't about that but they sure put my wife/me thru the question ringer and ultimately said no dice.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Don't about that but they sure put my wife/me thru the question ringer and ultimately said no dice.
I wasn't saying it's easy to get approved for, it just requires the least amount of biz info on the application. That could be one reason why they ask so many questions. What were they asking about? (if you don't mind sharing)
Old Mar 31, 2012, 9:13 pm

What type of business. How much have we made. How much do you plan to make.

They wanted an established business first and then we could get the card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.