Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by booyaa
For those wanting to qualify for the CP in 2012 and have gotten the (personal and business) cards, are you activating it now and then wait till Jan to make the first purchases? Or are you waiting till Jan to activate and make first purchases?

I am leaning towards activating now and confirming the offers now on my cards, and then wait till Jan to make the purchases since ideally, I should not get the points until statement closes with first purchase on it.
Not sure yet as I don't have either card in hand. Though I did look at my online Chase Acct and they've already attached the new personal card and it has a statement date of 01/03/2012, so it may be moot. I've no experience with Southwest but I'm assuming that Chase won't post the bonus until the statement closes so activation and use won't matter as the points will appear in 2012 regardless
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Not sure yet as I don't have either card in hand. Though I did look at my online Chase Acct and they've already attached the new personal card and it has a statement date of 01/03/2012, so it may be moot. I've no experience with Southwest but I'm assuming that Chase won't post the bonus until the statement closes so activation and use won't matter as the points will appear in 2012 regardless
You sure its the statement date and not the payment due date you're looking at? Usually one can figure out the statement date from the payment due date. Like for me payment due date its 1/8/2012, so statement date should be 12/11/2011 and 1/11/2012 the way my account is set up.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Got them both, but it took 2 calls to the reconsideration line and the sacrifice of 3 other Chase cards (Ink, Amazon, and Continental).

Now it's a decision as to if i want to wait until 01/01/2012 to go for the companion card or try to get it done before.
For those of you that got the business and personal card, did you get them at the same time, or were they spaced 6 months apart? I applied for both the business and personal card and got declined for one of them. When I called Chase they are more than happy to put through my application again (assume I will get approved) but made it very clear I would not get the 50,000 points for both applications, just one. Any experience with this? Was that your understanding as well?

Any suggestions/advice/hope?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: CO, BA, UA, AA, PC, HH, MARRIOT, HYATT, MR, STARWOOD
I just suffered through the same info on the phone, I asked where does it state that and..it doesn't. There is no mention of "6 months" anywhere, just a reference to "if you have received a similar bonus offer you won't be eligible blahblah".
When I asked about the 6 mo, the operator said it doesn't but they know you won't get the bonus. She even told me they never ran a credit check because they knew I wouldn't get the bonus, which I appreciated.
I didn't want to go any farther so I will wait it out or apply for the next big bonus from Chase.
BTW I have 6 active Chase cc and was going to sacrifice (ha) the British Airways card.
PS I felt that the credit processing department was given orders not to process any applications if there was another Southwest card already in play. A "6 month" unwritten rule.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by finite7777
I just suffered through the same info on the phone, I asked where does it state that and..it doesn't. There is no mention of "6 months" anywhere, just a reference to "if you have received a similar bonus offer you won't be eligible blahblah".
When I asked about the 6 mo, the operator said it doesn't but they know you won't get the bonus. She even told me they never ran a credit check because they knew I wouldn't get the bonus, which I appreciated.
I didn't want to go any farther so I will wait it out or apply for the next big bonus from Chase.
BTW I have 6 active Chase cc and was going to sacrifice (ha) the British Airways card.
PS I felt that the credit processing department was given orders not to process any applications if there was another Southwest card already in play. A "6 month" unwritten rule.
I was told a credit pull was never made on the second app because I already had an app on the same day in the system, not because I won't get the bonus.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:41 pm

I applied for personal and business Plus cards last Friday on 11/11. Personal was approved automatically Monday with 13k limit.

I called today about the business app and was told it was automatically rejected because I had another personal app on same day. I asked him to go ahead and process it and he asked me a couple questions about my "business."

In the end, he could not approve me because my "business" is too new. He said they want to see revenue before they can lend. He wouldn't even shift/allocate credit from my existing credit limits so not to extend me new credit. He even said it's not even a question about my creditworthiness, it is simply because my business hasn't made money yet. I told him I wanted the card as early as possible to separate my expenses but still no dice.

I am planning on calling back in maybe 2 weeks and tell them I've got it going and made so much in 2 weeks in hopes they could reverse the decision.

For those who have called the reconsideration line for the Business card and were asked questions about your business, can you please provide, for reference, what questions you were asked (age? revenue? profit? size? nature of business?) and how you answered them?

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:41 pm

Yes, that makes me even more sure they are stonewalling the business accounts if a Southwest account already exists, or in your case has been applied for in the last 6 mo.

edit-I was approved 2 weeks ago for Amex Business no questions asked.

Last edited by finite7777; Nov 17, 2011 at 5:55 pm
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by booyaa
I was told a credit pull was never made on the second app because I already had an app on the same day in the system, not because I won't get the bonus.
They hit me 3x for the 3 cards
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:49 pm

They hit me 3x for the 3 cards
Yea I need to rethink my strategy with Chase cards. Chase has been hitting me with BOTH Experian and Transunion pulls for EACH card, getting way too "pricey" for average sign-ups now.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by finite7777
Yes, that makes me even more sure they are stonewalling the business accounts if a Southwest account already exists, or in your case has been applied for in the last 6 mo.

edit-I was approved 2 weeks ago for Amex Business no questions asked.
I have received a few Chase cards in the last year (no SW); including Hyatt, Sapphire, UA, CO, and BA.

Last week I applied for both personal and Biz SW cards.
Both were not instantly approved. Called re: the personal, after getting the 'why so many in the last year' question - I told them my priorities have changed. They seemed uneasy, but ultimately were ok with that answer. I still had to close one card and transfer the credit line that wasn't being used anyway.

The biz was 'stalled' and I had to wait until Monday. Called and found it was denied. Asked why? Turns out it was an automatic denial as I had applied for two cards in one day. They were more than happy to re-open the app. They really grilled my on biz income, years in biz, number of employees, etc. Glad I had a screen shot to help my memory. Long story short they approved the biz with a decent line without touching any other credit line. Pretty much asked me what line I wanted and they gave it; lower 5 digits - didn't want to be greedy.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by dealswelike
For those of you that got the business and personal card, did you get them at the same time, or were they spaced 6 months apart? I applied for both the business and personal card and got declined for one of them. When I called Chase they are more than happy to put through my application again (assume I will get approved) but made it very clear I would not get the 50,000 points for both applications, just one. Any experience with this? Was that your understanding as well?

Any suggestions/advice/hope?

Thanks!
I got both the personal and business premier cards in the offer in Aug./Sept. My applications were ~35 days apart with the personal one first (which was instantly approved). The business card application was initially denied for too many applications; so, I called the reconsideration line. The first person I spoke with tried to tell me about the 6 month rule, which isn't really a rule. I had to talk to several different folks at the reconsideration line (and kept asking for a supervisor) to get the business approved after my application was first rejected. The business I used for the business card is an LLC formed over a year ago with an EIN.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Okay
In the term Chase SouthWest said that it takes from 6 to 8 weeks for the point to post.
It means that you can start spending right now and after your first statement maybe in 2 weeks and 6 weeks after that = 8 weeks, almost 2 months you will be fine
To be safer you can even start spending in DEC and the points will post in January or Febuary right
Old Nov 18, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by duc1986d
Okay
In the term Chase SouthWest said that it takes from 6 to 8 weeks for the point to post.
It means that you can start spending right now and after your first statement maybe in 2 weeks and 6 weeks after that = 8 weeks, almost 2 months you will be fine
To be safer you can even start spending in DEC and the points will post in January or Febuary right
The bonus points will post 2-3 days after your statement closes, not 6-8 weeks as Chase suggest, so be careful!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:10 am

Those that got both cards please update as to your getting both bonuses or not thanks
Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by dealswelike
The bonus points will post 2-3 days after your statement closes, not 6-8 weeks as Chase suggest, so be careful!
+1 --> My bonus points and my monthly earned points have always posted in my WN account before my bill arrives in the mail. So, no one should plan on the points taking 6-8 weeks to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.