[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Subscribe
Quote: no, one account per person.

PeterAmling, you can call customer service and ask to be transferred to the business department to find out the status of your application...they should do it no problem.
Thanks. Just called and was turned down for the bonus because I got it within the last six months.

Anyway that I could get around that? Next time I could receive the bonus is in February.
I got an inkling that there may be a change to this deal over the weekend. Unfortunately, given that this is such a good deal (on my blog, Free Travel Genius, I rate it the #1 bonus available if you primarily fly domestic), I am worried it may get worse. Anyway, it could be a false alarm, but if anyone has been procrastinating without a reason, I would recommend applying for it today or tomorrow.

I now feel more motivated to call chase to check on my wife's application. It's been a while since Chase has given us an instant approval, I feel like I need their reconsideration line on speed dial.
Quote: I got an inkling that there may be a change to this deal over the weekend. Unfortunately, given that this is such a good deal (on my blog, Free Travel Genius, I rate it the #1 bonus available if you primarily fly domestic), I am worried it may get worse. Anyway, it could be a false alarm, but if anyone has been procrastinating without a reason, I would recommend applying for it today or tomorrow.

I now feel more motivated to call chase to check on my wife's application. It's been a while since Chase has given us an instant approval, I feel like I need their reconsideration line on speed dial.
I've read elsewhere that this offer expires today.
1. anyone want to guess how legit it would look to them if i, at 24, with a 690, applied for a personal & business card same day? 100% on time payments, average account age 5 years, 1 delinquent account, student no income.

2. anyone know if the points automatically go the main cardholder? for example, could my dad make an account, put me as an additional card, then i use the points in my name's southwest account?
Ha, thanks a lot.

I suppose I should have just Googled it. I do appreciate it though.
yep
I guess you didnt read the previous answer to : anyone know if the points automatically go the main cardholder?
Yes, Yes they do...and only the primary cardholders account.
As far as trying for both cards, if you havent applied to chase in a while, give it a try...I would get the personal approved first, and then have some answers ready if you want the business card too....without income I doubt they will give you both, but stranger things have happened....be aware that applying for both the same day doesnt work with chase like it does with some other cards...they will deny 1 or both for too many apps, and you will have to sort it out in reconsideration...and the personal and business are seperate and count as 2 hits on your credit score, so nothing to gain.
Just heard this deal expires today Nov 11, 2011.

I applied yesterday for the Chase Southwest Plus card, but I don't have a Southwest frequently flyer membership. I know I should have applied for one first, but did not. I called the reconsideration line, and they said the card has been recommended for approval but they are waiting to get some information from Southwest. Does anyone know if Chase or Southwest will automatically assign one for me? Will I get the bonus points?
Quote: Just heard this deal expires today Nov 11, 2011.

I applied yesterday for the Chase Southwest Plus card, but I don't have a Southwest frequently flyer membership. I know I should have applied for one first, but did not. I called the reconsideration line, and they said the card has been recommended for approval but they are waiting to get some information from Southwest. Does anyone know if Chase or Southwest will automatically assign one for me? Will I get the bonus points?
Yes, Chase and Southwest will assign you a Southwest account number. You will be good to go.
I just got the personal and business cards, so I'll be at 100,000 points in early January, once I active the card/make the first purchase.

I'm thinking about the easiest/cheapest way to get the last 10,000 points, so that I get the Companion Pass.

Any advice? Buy ~ $833.33 of "Business Select Fares" flights (points are 12x fare price)?

If I then just cancel the flight... so I get $833.33 worth of Southwest credit, would I get to keep the 10,000 points?

Whaddya think... will this work?
Quote: I just got the personal and business cards, so I'll be at 100,000 points in early January, once I active the card/make the first purchase.

I'm thinking about the easiest/cheapest way to get the last 10,000 points, so that I get the Companion Pass.

Any advice? Buy ~ $833.33 of "Business Select Fares" flights (points are 12x fare price)?

If I then just cancel the flight... so I get $833.33 worth of Southwest credit, would I get to keep the 10,000 points?

Whaddya think... will this work?
Probably easiest to transfer points in from another program. Many hotel programs will let you convert their points into WN points. And they count toward CP.
How long should I wait after applying to call the reconsideration line? First biz app submitted last week was denied due to same RR number as had a bonus within six months. No credit pull. I submitted a second biz app omitting the RR number yesterday. Should I call today? Wait a week? Wait till I get something in the mail?
Great advice, thanks. I have a bunch of American Express Membership Rewards points sitting around, so maybe I'll transfer some of those.

Quote: Probably easiest to transfer points in from another program. Many hotel programs will let you convert their points into WN points. And they count toward CP.
Quote: Great advice, thanks. I have a bunch of American Express Membership Rewards points sitting around, so maybe I'll transfer some of those.
If you have a bunch of MR points and can wait 6-8 weeks (which I think you can) Choice hotels seemed to offer the best deal. 20000 MR becomes 20000 Choice points with then can be redeemed for about 10000 WN points if I remember correctly.
more
Quote: If you have a bunch of MR points and can wait 6-8 weeks (which I think you can) Choice hotels seemed to offer the best deal. 20000 MR becomes 20000 Choice points with then can be redeemed for about 10000 WN points if I remember correctly.
Choice points transfer at a 6000 to 1800 southwest...or 30K to 9K

Even though it says 4-6 weeks for them to show up I would wait till Jan 1 to transfer them....an early deposit wouldnt count in 2012
hmm, link seems to still be live through the southwest site, despite word it ending last night

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/octpromobox
15  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  35  75