Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
I agree with everything you said, but I would not use the word microcosm. A simpler more accurate word would have been "example".

Microcosm means something in miniature encapsulating the features of something much larger.

You are implying that this is an EXAMPLE of IDS, not that this is a smaller version of IDS.

[QUOTE=MDtR-Chicago;16607133]This thread is an excellent microcosm of what might be called Irresistible Deal Syndrome - which occasionally turns into a brief epidemic on FT...
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
so is this really dead or any more success

Has anyone at all had a YES since the rash of NO's?

I just got OK'ed for the card and may try an email to see but would like to know if anyone has lately got a YES to the bump up.

TXS all.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Has anyone at all had a YES since the rash of NO's?

I just got OK'ed for the card and may try an email to see but would like to know if anyone has lately got a YES to the bump up.

TXS all.
no one in the past few days has reported getting a yes....might lay low for a couple weeks then try after it blows over?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
It's pretty unbelievable that Chase employees are making deliberately false statements in these secure messages. It's a complete lie for Chase to say that the only people who have received the promotion and/or 100K point bonus are those who received a direct mailing, and that they have not made the offer available to people who asked for it. (And it's pretty dumb on Chase's part -- usually companies issue evasive, BS responses without the false information when they don't want to do something for you.)

I wonder if Chase could be accused of violating any state or federal statues by making these false statements. The credit card industry is so heavily regulated that there has to be something on the books to hook them on.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
This is exactly right.
No, not since it was over Tuesday. Reported success rate since has been 0.

Furthermore, they did not explicitly lie about it. I know some folks are upset, but that's a pretty ridiculous assertion. The 100,000 offer was indeed a targeted offer only to those who received the mailing and is non-transferable (I'm sure fine prints indicated it as such as well). We all knew going into it that they were awarding as a goodwill bonus (which they can award if they choose to or not). That timeline seemed to have ended on Tuesday. Those who got the card were doing it on the 'hopes' that the goodwill gesture would still be available when they request it, but knew that it wasn't a guarantee. To cry foul now when it didn't work in your favor when it was not a guarantee in the first place...

I agree with another poster. Please lock this thread or have the thread title be marked as 'expired' (so newbies to this thread won't mistaken it as an active). It's like a mistake fare. Once it's gone, it's a done deal. Moving on to the next deal...

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; Jun 24, 2011 at 9:45 am Reason: wording
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
No, not since it was over Tuesday. Reported success rate since has been 0.

Furthermore, they did not explicitly lie about it. I know some folks are upset, but that's a pretty ridiculous assertion. The 100,000 offer was indeed a targeted offer only to those who received the mailing and is non-transferable (I'm sure fine prints indicated it as such as well). We all knew going into it that they were awarding as a goodwill bonus (which they can award if they choose to or not). That timeline seemed to have ended on Tuesday. Those who got the card were doing it on the 'hopes' that the goodwill gesture would still be available when they request it, but knew that it wasn't a guarantee. To cry foul now when it didn't work in your favor when it was not a guarantee in the first place...

I agree with another poster. Please lock this thread or have the thread title be marked as 'expired' (so newbies to this thread won't mistaken it as an active). It's like a mistake fare. Once it's gone, it's a done deal. Moving on to the next deal...
i agree to an extent, but when you apply for the card, call on monday to get your card overnighted and ask for the extra 50k on monday, and they tell you that can't do anything because they can "only see your last 5 digits of your account number so they don't really know your account" and to ask again when you get your card........

then when you get your card they stop offering it, i feel like i can cry foul
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
Originally Posted by ianturner
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Is this for real? "Blatantly lied"?
yes, when they say "no one was extended this offer unless they were targeted" "this offer is non transferable" then yes.....i think thats pretty clear
Chase didn't "blatantly lie" in their response. They say they can't comment about what happened to other card members. More importantly, the people who got the extra points didn't technically get that 100k offer applied to them. They got a "goodwill bonus" or something similar.

Chase has decided no one is going to get any more goodwill bonuses for mentioning the 100k offer. You had to figure it would eventually get shut down. Too many people were messaging them about a very limited offer. We were trying to take advantage of their goodwill and they finally had enough.

You're really getting upset at Chase for not giving you a bonus you were never entitled to? It's their right to stop people from taking advantage of their initial generosity when it starts to get out of hand.

And you really can't complain just because some people got the extra points and others didn't. It happens all the time that some people are able to get a better deal than others. Often it's just timing. Do you refuse to fly a particular airline when you found out the person in the seat next to you paid $100 less for his ticket and the airline won't give you the same price?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:55 am

i agree to an extent, but when you apply for the card, call on monday to get your card overnighted and ask for the extra 50k on monday, and they tell you that can't do anything because they can "only see your last 5 digits of your account number so they don't really know your account" and to ask again when you get your card........

But, they never offered or promised the 100K to you. You signed up for 50K. You were hoping that they would give you the extra 50K, but it was never guaranteed.

You did what you could, but they closed the loophole. Like the previous poster said, it's like a mistake fare. Some people got it, some didn't. The next "mistake" is only around the corner.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:56 am

Please go cry in your own corner

.. ( my emphasis )

1. you were not targeted for the 100,000 pt benefit.
2. they suspended the additional 50,000 pt benefit BEFORE you contacted them.

what possible earthly reason do you have for crying ... sheesh
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by travis bickle
.. ( my emphasis )

1. you were not targeted for the 100,000 pt benefit.
2. they suspended the additional 50,000 pt benefit BEFORE you contacted them.

what possible earthly reason do you have for crying ... sheesh
if that were the case then i would agree 100%, however, I only applied for the 100k after hearing reports over the weekend that people were getting it matched.
2. i contacted them BEFORE they suspended it. I called them at 745 am monday morning, they didnt stop it until monday night.

i realize i'm not going to get the extra 50k, but instead of constantly using that card (i'm overseas at least 2 weeks every month) as my main card, i'm going to put 3k on it, get my $530, then cancel it. like others have said, 530 is better than 0
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Happy
How come AA and BA miles worthless to you?

AA miles fetch the highest bidders when offered in Coupon forum on this board in exchange for other "currencies". Certainly it is because the majority of folks feel AA miles do offer excellent redemption value.

A potential 150K (225K) AA miles and 100K BA miles are hardly a few miles here a few miles there.

Do you ever do any International Travel at all?

Do you realize a mere 20K AA miles can get you an off-peak Europe - North America that includes a North America gateway city AND possible a Hawaii destination (or Alaska, or Vancouver, or Los Angeles/San Francisco/Seattle - whichever stroke your fancy)?

As an example, we recently traveled on a 20K AA off-peak Europe to North America award. We already flew the CDG-MIA portion in Mid May when we returned from a 16 days Transatlantic cruise + a 25 days land trip over Spain and France. The remaining portion of MIA-LAX-LIH will be flown in October - all for a mere 20K miles per person. Can CO do that?
On return leg, we have a 15K (yes) AA off-peak North America to South America 1 award to fly HNL-DFW-MIA and then fly MIA-LIM in January. A measly 15K AA miles.

So, for a total of 35K AA miles (20+15), one can travel from Europe to North America gateway as stopover and onto Hawaii in future date. Return from Hawaii back to North America gateway for stopover and later onto Central America or South America zone 1. I doubt 35K CO miles can buy you the same thing.

Do you know a 20K BA miles can get you from MIA to South America one-way with stopovers en route? Among the best bargains found in all airline programs.

BA miles also allow unlimit stopovers en route - so theoretically one can book on AA and crisscross the country to visit family and friends on a 12.5Kx2 BA North America award.

While I see you are based in JAX, AA may not be your most convenient airline, but it is hardly worthless - AA miles that is.

You can mix AA and AA partners on same award. Though you must call to book if partner flights are involved and pay $25 phone booking fee.

Give some time to study different airlines award programs and how they work so you would not cheat yourself out due to your lack of better understanding of what each program can offer.

But if your travel is confined in domestic USA and would not venture out your home JAX for better deals, then may be you do need to be restricted by the 2 primary airlines you feel you have to. Or you are contend to just use the most familiar award chart without learning new gigs, then may be sticking to CO is worth it to you.

Still, broadening your view may open up a whole new horizon for you that you do not realize before.
Happy, after reading this post you absolutely have to tell newbie like me how you managed to do these crazy maneuvers and stop overs with AA. Do you have a blog or any web link, where I can read the detailed how to process? Can I do the same AA process using BA miles?

Thanks a lot!!!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I'm with you guys on this one. Last night I was having dinner at a local restaurant and I heard the table next to ours say that their bill was wrong and they had been undercharged by $12. They told the waiter who said it was in their favor and they should keep it. When our bill came, I told the same waiter that I had overheard his conversation with the other table and felt that I should get $12 off my bill too. He told me where I could stick my $12, so I called my lawyer who is looking into consumer protection statutes and maybe some health codes we can use here.

It will be interesting to see how many who are swearing off Chase in the future or shouting about how offended they are by Chase "lying" will be on FT down the road drooling over the next Chase deal.
comparing apples to oranges.

but, will i do business with chase again? sure, to take advantage of an offer and thats it, not for long term business though. AMEX is a great example of customer service, I've been am AMEX card holder for going on 10 years now and have no intentions to dump their cards because I have been highly impressed with them.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:18 am

but i'm done griping about it and moving on, they aren't going to budge
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I'm with you guys on this one. Last night I was having dinner at a local restaurant and I heard the table next to ours say that their bill was wrong and they had been undercharged by $12. They told the waiter who said it was in their favor and they should keep it. When our bill came, I told the same waiter that I had overheard his conversation with the other table and felt that I should get $12 off my bill too. He told me where I could stick my $12, so I called my lawyer who is looking into consumer protection statutes and maybe some health codes we can use here.
The waiter didn't make any false statement by telling you where you could stick your $12. If he denied that the conversation existed, he would have lied. Thanks for playing! Try again next time!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:22 am

but i'm done griping about it and moving on, they aren't going to budge
Good for you! I'm sure the next deal is just around the corner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.