Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:21 am

is the 100k offer targeted?

I signed up for the 50k offer and received the points. Was I supposed to do another offer for 100k or was it targeted?
Old Jul 2, 2011, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by spellbound2
I signed up for the 50k offer and received the points. Was I supposed to do another offer for 100k or was it targeted?
It was a targeted offer. There is no way for you to get the 100K offer any longer unless you were targeted. I suggest you go back and read some of the posts in this thread if you want more detail.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 4:10 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
...There's nothing wrong with putting up a good fight to try to get something you weren't entitled to...
I can't relate to this mindset.

How would you feel if a lawyer tried to shake you down for money in a case where you hadn't done anything wrong - just because he had deep pockets and could put up a good fight? Robyn
Old Jul 3, 2011, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So I Googled about the 100k offer, that people were first getting the 50k deal, then logging in and asking for the additional 50k.

Initially they were given the additional 50k but lately they've started declining the requests?

So what's the story?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by wco81
So I Googled about the 100k offer, that people were first getting the 50k deal, then logging in and asking for the additional 50k.

Initially they were given the additional 50k but lately they've started declining the requests?

So what's the story?
Read the last 6 pages. The whole story is in there.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:02 am
Suspended

So how are people getting targeted offers?

Do they typically have other Chase cards?

Or does Chase seem to be trying to poach customers of other rewards cards?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: All of the Above
The promo is dead. I'm sure there's no more targeted offers for 100K going out. Chase is gonna learn from this and not float offers around so easily IMO.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by DavidAL
The promo is dead. I'm sure there's no more targeted offers for 100K going out. Chase is gonna learn from this and not float offers around so easily IMO.
Possibly. Then again, not everybody who applies for credit cards reads FT. I am sure Chase has come away from this promo with plenty of future fee generators, aka new card members. A couple hundred people asking to boost the bonus may be only a small price to pay.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:52 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, RR, HH, SPG, PC
I had originally applied and received the regular Sapphire Card about a month or so ago. Right when I was approved I read on there about the 50k promo which was miles better than the 15k I received. So immediately I called to see if I could get it upgraded to Preferred. No, but I could reapply for the Preferred.

So I applied a couple weeks ago and I got a letter while I was away this weekend. Basically it said, you already have a Sapphire, but call us. I call and basically because my card is less than a year old, they can't upgrade, but I can close the current account and apply for another. Hmm...

I asked how does that effect my credit since they had to already pull it. He says they didnt pull my credit...the first thing they do when you apply is make sure you dont have a similiar card already. And so the letter was automatically generated.

So now, do I keep the no-fee card I already have or close and reapply for the better offer. He suggested applying by phone so I can close the account and apply for the better at the same time (since it technically wouldnt show as closed right away).

Hmm...what if they cry shenanigans and deny me tho. So I'd be out a card I was already rockin and rolling with AND an extra hard pull.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:42 am

Checked my Chase online account this morning and I have a "Chase Sapphire" account in my listings from my application on 06/21... too late I guess But I gave a secured message a shot, can't hurt at this point....

edit: 7 minutes to shoot me down, well damn!

Last edited by Smidget; Jul 5, 2011 at 3:49 am
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:02 pm

I got the sapphire card about a month ago for the 50k points after 3k in spend. I then saw the additional 50k targeted offer and jumped on that right away by writing a secure message. Within 2 hours of writing them, I instantly received the additional 50k points as a "gesture of commitment" on their part. I finished the 3k spend and my statement closed over the weekend. Today I received the 50k points for meeting the 3k requirement. So I successfully got the 100k points. I heard rumors that they were taking back the 50k points or not giving people the 50k after 3k in spend if they got the "good gesture" 50k points but I don't think that is true, at least for me. I hope everyone else who jumped on this right away got the full 100k points as well.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
What are you all doing with the UR points? I managed to quickly transfer the "bump up" 50k to CO and just now see another 53k posted. Has Chase ever done any bonus promotions such as the amex 50% BA or 40% DL? I don't think you can get the best bang transferring to hotels or, god forbid, Amtrak. So, it comes down to CO/UA or BA of which I have plenty there...I understand the $625 redeemed for travel but I think we can easily get a lot more value in 50k in airline currency...Any thoughts?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Maybe I'm getting spoiled but I don't want to take out another card and sign up for another FF program unless it's for the 100k deal.

I got the 75K AA deal last year and haven't been able to fly on AA yet, to build it up to 100k at least.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I applied for and received British Airways in March / April, and Amtrak in May. Rejected for "too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us" for Sapphire app in June. I called today, and they told me the "rule" was two new cards in 6 months. I offered to lower credit limits on one of the above accounts, but they said I would need to shut down one completely before the would reconsider application, but would need to call back if/when I decide to do that within a month of the original Sapphire application.

They did ask why I wanted this card, I tried to compare it to my AmEx Membership Rewards card, how I liked the flexibility of the points, etc. but I guess it didn't work

So I will have to decide before the 20th of this month. I will probably close out the BA, but would rather not have the hit on my average age of credit cards. Maybe when I call back I will hit CSR roulette and get a different answer, and will be allowed to keep the BA card with just credit limit lowered.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by gpapadop
What are you all doing with the UR points? I managed to quickly transfer the "bump up" 50k to CO and just now see another 53k posted. Has Chase ever done any bonus promotions such as the amex 50% BA or 40% DL? I don't think you can get the best bang transferring to hotels or, god forbid, Amtrak. So, it comes down to CO/UA or BA of which I have plenty there...I understand the $625 redeemed for travel but I think we can easily get a lot more value in 50k in airline currency...Any thoughts?
Many consider 50K in Hyatt points a good value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.