Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Microcosm means something in miniature encapsulating the features of something much larger.
Have you ever seen a pricing mistake hit FatWallet or SlickDeals? FTers are amateurs in comparison.

(Tho I suppose this deal did technically hit those sites... but I refuse to accept a public vocabulary lesson today, so I'll steadfastly ignore your point.)
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:16 pm

lost extra 50,000

I was given the extra 50000 on June 20th, before the $3000 spend. When I read about the possibility of chase taking them back, I transferred them over to Continental on the 23rd. I just looked at my account, and it says there is a 50000 point adjustment for the 20th. So it looks like the transfer didn't go through and certainly didn't show up at Continental. I will email to see what the response is. Just a heads up for all of you. Was anyone else successful with the Continental transfer with the bonus points?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by lyst
I was given the extra 50000 on June 20th, before the $3000 spend. When I read about the possibility of chase taking them back, I transferred them over to Continental on the 23rd. I just looked at my account, and it says there is a 50000 point adjustment for the 20th. So it looks like the transfer didn't go through and certainly didn't show up at Continental. I will email to see what the response is. Just a heads up for all of you. Was anyone else successful with the Continental transfer with the bonus points?
Yes, mine was successful.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:39 pm

Is the transfer to Continental supposed to be instant?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:57 pm

Is the transfer to Continental supposed to be instant?
Yes, it is.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by BonusLover
Yes, it is.
Sure wish mine would have been. Wonder how mine got intercepted!? Glad you got it!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:00 pm

Sure wish mine would have been. Wonder how mine got intercepted!? Glad you got it!
It shouldn't harm you to contact them and ask.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
So I had applied for mine on the 7th. Got the "under review" answer. Called the reconsideration line and was declined twice. Called on the 10th and an agent approved it by closing my CO account and reduced CL on BA to make room for the 5k required for Sapphire Visa Signature. I have gotten mail letters for each of the initial declines, plus two subsequent letters stating the actions taken for approval and 5k CL given for Sapphire (one letter for closing CO, another for CL reduction on BA). Both letters say that I am approved and 5k CL given. Both letters also say, "pending verification," I will receive new card and welcome package within next 10 business days.

The closing of CO account and reduction of CL have already been reflected on my online account.

Fast forward to now (2+ weeks later). All I've heard after numerous calls are, "your application is still under review" plus the possibility of taking up to 30 days for a "decision". I just talked to a supervisor today and she told me they do have records of sending me the two "approval" letters and that she sees that the respective actions were taken. She said that they are backed-up right now and should have an answer within the next 2 weeks, since it can take up to 30 days. I clarified that the application is pretty much approved but still needs "verification."

What the "verification" is I don't know and didn't ask. It just seems weird that they have the "verification" stage AFTER the approval? Has anyone heard about this or know anything about this? What do they verify? I've been following this thread and don't recall anyone reporting similar experience, even if applied after me, which leads me to believe they don't do this for everyone, even the reconsidered ones. I feel like my application has fallen into a black hole ever since it was "approved".

I don't want my CO account closed and BA CL reduced for nothing.

Last edited by booyaa; Jun 26, 2011 at 10:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by booyaa
She said that they are backed-up right now and should have an answer within the next 2 weeks, since it can take up to 30 days. I clarified that the application is pretty much approved but still needs "verification."

What the "verification" is I don't know and didn't ask. It just seems weird that they have the "verification" stage AFTER the approval? Has anyone heard about this or know anything about this? What do they verify? I've been following this thread and don't recall anyone reporting similar experience, even if applied after me, which leads me to believe they don't do this for everyone, even the reconsidered ones. I feel like my application has fallen into a black hole ever since it was "approved".

I don't want my CO account closed and BA CL reduced for nothing.
The delay that you are experiencing is consistent with my sister's experience of signing up for this card after making similar changes to her existing card accounts at chase. You'll get it in the end, but you just have to hang in there. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that you can do to speed up the process either, nor do I know what they are "verifying" but you'll be fine.

Last edited by CMHFlyerOH; Jun 27, 2011 at 8:01 am
Old Jun 26, 2011, 10:58 pm

Mine got intercepted too. Still haven't got my 50k CO.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:38 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
The delay that you are experiencing isnconsistent with my sister's experience of signing up for this card after making similar changes to her existing card accounts at chase. You'll get it in the end, but you just have to hang in there. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that you can do to speed up the process either, nor do I know what they are "verifying" but you'll be fine.
That's what I was told too, that I can't speed up the process. How long did she end up waiting before application "cleared" and receiving the card?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:08 am

Very similar time frame, I sent mine to BA & the transfer was instantaneous. In fact I've used them already. wj
Old Jun 27, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
I recieved my "gesture of our commitment" points on the 20th (spend not met) did not do anything with them and they are still sitting in my Chase account.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by booyaa
That's what I was told too, that I can't speed up the process. How long did she end up waiting before application "cleared" and receiving the card?
It ended up taking about three weeks after she called in for a reconsideration and they moved some of her credit lines around. It seemed as though something was wrong, but in the end they did issue her an account, not sure why it takes so long, but I do think you can certainly count on it not taking more than the 30 days they quote.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:09 am

Any danger using the mint to meet purchase requirements with Chase?

So far I'm stuck at only 50K points but its better then nothing however I don't want issues by purchasing coins from the mint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.