Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by cazic99
I agree, Chase will get Chruned while never having real long term customers while Amex will. Myself included.

And this spend 3k for 50k points is worthless to me. Way too much in a short time for way too little. BA 25k in 3 months for 100k miles, FINE. But not for 50k.
do you think saying the same thing in 5 different posts in one thread is enough?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by abcx
How long does it take these to transfer these points to CO? I transferred 50k day before and nothing has hit my CO account yet.
I did it last night and the miles showed up in my CO account within seconds. You need to log out and log back in to see the update.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by BonusLover
I did it last night and the miles showed up in my CO account within seconds. You need to log out and log back in to see the update.
Hyatt transfer was pretty much instant as well.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by BonusLover
Hmm. Did you guys do it to your accounts? I did it from my Dad's chase card to my CO account and nothing has hit his account or mine.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by abcx
Hmm. Did you guys do it to your accounts? I did it from my Dad's chase card to my CO account and nothing has hit his account or mine.
Yes, I did it between my own accounts.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:21 am

FWIW, Chase did send an email survey asking if I was happy with their email CS, if I would recommend Chase CCs, if I would use the credit card, etc. I got it about 24 hours after emailing them asking the the bump and them denying it.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
finally got my reply, same message as the others....i've never had a chase sapphire card or any chase card before.....

i just wish they wouldn't straight up lie to us

i kinda want to reply with:
Well in that case, I'm requesting 50,000 points be added to my account as a gesture of goodwill to promote mutual trust.

but i think its just best to let it die and cancel after i get my check

Thank you for contacting Chase about the Sapphire 100,000
bonus card offer.

Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on actions taken
on other cardmember accounts.

As indicated in our previous e-mail response, the 100,000
enrollment bonus offer was sent to a select number of
people who had no previous Chase Sapphire account. The
offer is by invitation only and can not be applied to
anyone who was not solicited for this promotional offer.

Unless you can provide an invitation and offer code that
sent specifically to you, we are considering this issue
closed. I regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Last edited by apolloms; Jun 24, 2011 at 7:17 am
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by robyng
OT - but where do you plan to go in Norway? The train between Oslo and Bergen is absolutely breathtaking.
Big +1. We did this on our honeymoon.

Back to Chase: I saw a second mention of Chase potentially charging you for points that they tried to take back after you redeemed them. I'm still waiting to see some evidence of this phenomenon. Otherwise, I'll consider it a FF urban legend.

I understand that there are people who feel that they were treated unfairly by Chase because they didn't get the deal that they weren't entitled to, while others did. Okay, we get it. Feel free to harass Chase, cancel your cards, write your Congresscritter, etc. But it's time to let it go. Some people got lucky, some didn't. It's just like the mistake fare threads. It happens, and there will no doubt be another opportunity to take advantage of a mistake. But blaming Chase for it is simply wrong.

Mike
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: A few
My wife just got approved after reconsideration. Too late for the 100k, but the 50k is still a good deal IMHO and will happily do the 3k spend to get there. Maybe there will be another 100k opportunity down the road, but maybe there won't either.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Big +1. We did this on our honeymoon.

Back to Chase: I saw a second mention of Chase potentially charging you for points that they tried to take back after you redeemed them. I'm still waiting to see some evidence of this phenomenon. Otherwise, I'll consider it a FF urban legend.

I understand that there are people who feel that they were treated unfairly by Chase because they didn't get the deal that they weren't entitled to, while others did. Okay, we get it. Feel free to harass Chase, cancel your cards, write your Congresscritter, etc. But it's time to let it go. Some people got lucky, some didn't. It's just like the mistake fare threads. It happens, and there will no doubt be another opportunity to take advantage of a mistake. But blaming Chase for it is simply wrong.

Mike
for me, its more about them blatantly lying to me about it. If they had said something like "yes we matched it for other people not eligible, but that time has come and gone" then fine I accept that....but blatantly lying to me about it, thats what pisses me off
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:09 am

Mike
Do you really think anyone is going to listen to common sense?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by ianturner
for me, its more about them blatantly lying to me about it. If they had said something like "yes we matched it for other people not eligible, but that time has come and gone" then fine I accept that....but blatantly lying to me about it, thats what pisses me off
Is this for real? "Blatantly lied"?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:49 am

Mike
I couldn't agree with you more.

By reading a few pages of posts in this thread, I see that there are probably only 3 or 4 people who are very vocal and extremely unhappy that they didn't get the bump even though they were never entitled to it to begin with.

The majority of people seem to be able to accept reality, move on, and wait for another great deal, which is a great attitude to have.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Is this for real? "Blatantly lied"?
yes, when they say "no one was extended this offer unless they were targeted" "this offer is non transferable" then yes.....i think thats pretty clear
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:10 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by ianturner
yes, when they say "no one was extended this offer unless they were targeted" "this offer is non transferable" then yes.....i think thats pretty clear
This is exactly right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.