Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 16, 11, 3:39 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Chase Southwest Credit Cards: non-instant approval time?

I applied for a southwest credit card the other day and was given a response that they would contact me within 10 days to see if I had been approved or not. How long does this response usually take?
tfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 11, 4:23 pm   #2
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
2014 Elections
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Anywhere a good micro brew is served!!
Programs: Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Plat.
Posts: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfender View Post
I applied for a southwest credit card the other day and was given a response that they would contact me within 10 days to see if I had been approved or not. How long does this response usually take?
Welcome to FT! Usually this means you will get a rejection letter w/in 7-10 days. But not always. If you are rejected they will tell you why in the letter & you can call them and plead your case. Sometimes they will reverse their decision. It is possible that your card may just show up in the mail in 7-10 days too. Sit tight and wait for a response.
__________________
Go Vikings!
philemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 11, 7:21 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago
Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Welcome to FT! Usually this means you will get a rejection letter w/in 7-10 days.
Not in my experience. I've never, not even once, even in the "old days" gotten an instant approval with Chase. I've always gotten the 7-10 day message, and 5 days later the account pops up in Chase online.

OP, if you have any existing accounts with Chase, you will know if you are approved when/if the account shows up after a few days. Good luck!
CMHFlyerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 11, 9:22 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Presidental
Posts: 183
call 888 245 0625 and they can review your app on the spot for approval. you can google the number to verify it's an actual number for chase
__________________
OpenFlights | Amazon Price History | Flickr
dchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 11, 10:03 am   #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Programs: SPG HH GOLD AA PLT
Posts: 94
Just a data point for you ...

My spouse applied for a Chase Southwest card (the old 1 roundtrip + $500 gift cards offer) in February. No instant approval. It took them 12 days to actually get around to their manual review and approval. The wait didn't stop there ... The new account didn't show up in the existing online account manager for another 11 days. Physical card showed up in the mail a few days later. That was one very long wait ... But it did end in success.
bruinfan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 11, 11:54 am   #6
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 66
I have been waiting since July 15 (20 days!)

The message said I would hear back within 30 days. None of this 7-10 day stuff.

Perhaps they are experiencing a larger volume of apps now than before. I signed up for the 50k bonus miles ($800 value) promotion.

I really need the application status so that I can continue to book flights. I have been trying to hold out on several bookings, hoping the price does not shoot up, but some deals I had to book with my regular credit card and sacrifice the 2x points.
launcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 11, 12:27 pm   #7
Formerly known as iahsumr
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by launcher View Post
I have been waiting since July 15 (20 days!)

The message said I would hear back within 30 days. None of this 7-10 day stuff.

Perhaps they are experiencing a larger volume of apps now than before. I signed up for the 50k bonus miles ($800 value) promotion.

I really need the application status so that I can continue to book flights. I have been trying to hold out on several bookings, hoping the price does not shoot up, but some deals I had to book with my regular credit card and sacrifice the 2x points.
That stinks you are having to wait for so long. I'm assuming you have already called in to talk to a real person and check the status?

Either way, I would not hold out on the booking to get 2x miles. If you see fares that you want now, I would personally book them. It is highly unlikely that the value of the points you get will offset the potential fare increases you risk by waiting.
__________________
www.mommypoints.com
Mommy Points is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:52 pm.