Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fighting with Chase over Previous Continental Debit Card Transactions

Fighting with Chase over Previous Continental Debit Card Transactions

Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Angry Fighting with Chase over Previous Continental Debit Card Transactions

For months I have fought with Chase over a number of online transactions dating back to over a year ago processed on my Chase Preferred Continental debit card. The issue is this; a few of my online transactions were submitted as debit and not credit. However, these transactions were online not on Chase websites (Infiniti Financial Services was the largest amounts) and no PIN was provided. According to the details of the Continental Debit card [below], there are no stipulations for online transactions.

A week and a half ago I went into a branch to deal with a different problem and the banker asked the question if he could help with anything else. So I obliged and shared my problem that has not yet been resolved despite numerous phone calls and letters. He has made an effort and finally got back to me today with this response: "credit card or debt repayments are not qualified for points or miles"

I cannot find, and have not found, information like this anywhere. At this point, I am owed just shy of 10k miles from transactions I have researched on my account. There may be more, but I just want what is due. Does anyone have advice or experience with a similar problem?

1Qualifying purchases include all debit card purchases made without using a PIN. Such "non-PIN" purchases include purchases you sign for, Internet purchases, phone or mail-order purchases, small dollar purchases that do not require a signature, bill payments (where billers process the transaction as a credit transaction), and contactless purchases (purchases made by holding your blinkSM-enabled card to a secure reader). Cash advances and Cash transactions do not qualify.

If asked "Debit or Credit," always select "CREDIT" and sign for the purchase. The money for your purchases is always deducted from your checking account when you use your debit card, even if you select "Credit." When paying bills (e.g. utilities, cable television, telephone) with your debit card, always select "credit card" if prompted or ask the biller to process your debit card as a credit transaction; do not provide your PIN. The money for your bill payment will still be deducted from your checking account.

2Please allow 6 to 10 weeks after you make your first qualifying purchase for the miles to be posted to your account.

3The applicable checked baggage fee will be automatically waived when the cardmember's OnePass account number is listed in their reservation. In the event that it is not automatically waived, the cardmember should present their active Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card to an agent. Fees will be waived at the time of travel; no refunds or credits will be issued after travel has been completed. Customers traveling with the cardmember will also get their applicable baggage fees waived if they are listed in the same reservation and check in at the same time. This exemption will not apply to group reservations including 10 or more customers. Checked bags must meet weight and size restrictions or will be subject to additional fees. New Chase Continental Airlines Debit Cardholders will be eligible for the checked baggage fee waiver benefit after they receive their card.

4You can add up to 3 cards for free for others on your joint checking account.

5 Chase reimburses you for any unauthorized card transactions made at stores, ATMs, on the phone or online when reported promptly.

All terms and conditions of the OnePass program apply, including Continental's right to modify or terminate the OnePass program in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the Frequent Flyer section of continental.com. For complete details on the Continental OnePass program, visit continental.com.

The annual fee will be deducted from your checking account on the 17th business day of the month following the issuance of your new card and annually on the 17th business day of that same month thereafter. For example, if your card is issued on June 5th, your annual fee would be charged on the 17th business day in July and on the 17th business day of each July that your card remains open.

Product offerings and features may differ among different geographic locations. This site is directed at persons in the US only. Persons outside the US may visit Chase International Financial Services.

This is a link to a third-party site as described in our Weblinking Practices. Note that the third party's privacy policy and security practices may differ from Chase standards. Chase assumes no responsibility nor does it control, endorse or guarantee any aspect of your use of the linked site.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Just apply for a Chase CO and/or UA card, get 50K+ miles and consider it even. Why bother wasting time and effort.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.