Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:10 am

Just called in and was told I was denied. I'm traveling right now so won't see the rejection letter for several weeks should I call the reconsideration line now without seeing why I was rejected?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:24 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Just called in and was told I was denied. I'm traveling right now so won't see the rejection letter for several weeks should I call the reconsideration line now without seeing why I was rejected?

Yes, call and see if you can provide some answers that will sway them.

Did you call the automated line prior to reaching a rep? If so, what did it say? Was it "let you know in 2 weeks" or "let you know in 7-10 days"?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:31 am

Did you call the automatic line and did it say that you were rejected? My Bold app went from saying 2 weeks to 7-10 days, but still said app is being reviewed. According to the dansdeals forum, the 7-10 days message is a reject. Although I'm wondering if they will mention that in the call or just in the letter.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:01 pm

I didn't get the automated response but rather went directly to a rep who checked the status for me and told me I had been rejected.

Just got off the line with the reconsideration rep and told me I was rejected because I had just received a bold card within the last 30 days and my credit history shows I have applied for 15 credit cards this past year so they feel I have sufficient credit.

So I guess I will lay off chase for a while.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
I have CSP, Ink+, Ink Bold cards now.
I am thinking of getting Cash+Classic to avoid the fees, their limits are fine with me and I am not losing on any 5x cats. Plus no fees and the CSP still gives me points flexibility.

Is the best way to approach it - just apply for two cars (at the same time?) and if not approve bargain or if approve just cancel +bold?

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:06 pm

Following up on my chase southwest business app (yes, not UR, but still chase applications)- applied yesterday afternoon. Just, got the 7-10 days in writing from the automated line and the business reconsideration agent checked, said 7-10 days and said they didn't need any more information at this time, it's still under review. This is the first business card I've applied for.

Do I call reconsideration again and try a different agent? Wait a couple days and call again? Wait for the letter?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I didn't get the automated response but rather went directly to a rep who checked the status for me and told me I had been rejected.

Just got off the line with the reconsideration rep and told me I was rejected because I had just received a bold card within the last 30 days and my credit history shows I have applied for 15 credit cards this past year so they feel I have sufficient credit.

So I guess I will lay off chase for a while.
I got a similar answer last April; they mentioned that since I opened 3 chase cards within 7 months they wanted to see my relationship with the bank growing before accepting me again. Oh well, I have enough points for a while anyways. But missing out on the 5x hurts for now!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 4:23 pm

Applied for Ink Bold 6/16 and was approved around 6/25. First business card ever; $0 revenue biz. I want to wait 30 days and apply for the United Explorer Business 50k offer. What do you think my chances are?

Currently holding 3 Chase personal cards and have opened 8 personal cards in the last 12 months.

Last edited by waingro; Jun 30, 2013 at 5:22 pm
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by waingro
Applied for Ink Bold 6/15 and was approved around 6/25. First business card ever; $0 revenue biz. I want to wait 30 days and apply for the United Explorer Business 50k offer. What do you think my chances are?

Currently holding 3 Chase personal cards and have opened 8 personal cards in the last 12 months.
Just curious, you applied 6/15 (before the 60k bonus) but were approved 6/25 (after the 60k bonus). Did you get the increased bonus? Or just the 50K?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Just curious, you applied 6/15 (before the 60k bonus) but were approved 6/25 (after the 60k bonus). Did you get the increased bonus? Or just the 50K?
Sorry, I signed up 6/16, 1st day of 60k promo.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:16 am
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
I received my Ink Business card today. But the package does not have the Bonus miles information. Why does the CC companies always do this? Before we apply they put big words for how many bonus miles; after approval, they try to minimize the effect, and HOPE we forget?

Because I did not have written record, I just remember that I followed a "temporary" thread (In MilesBuss! ?) that would be taken away after the promotion ended in a few days. And the bonus points are 65000 (55000 + 10000). The condition is to spend certain amount in certain months.

Anyone can point out that thread still?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by V9
I received my Ink Business card today. But the package does not have the Bonus miles information. Why does the CC companies always do this? Before we apply they put big words for how many bonus miles; after approval, they try to minimize the effect, and HOPE we forget?

Because I did not have written record, I just remember that I followed a "temporary" thread (In MilesBuss! ?) that would be taken away after the promotion ended in a few days. And the bonus points are 65000 (55000 + 10000). The condition is to spend certain amount in certain months.

Anyone can point out that thread still?

Thanks!
V9 - You can get an easy "written" confirmation by logging in at Chase and asking through their message system. Just ask them to remind you of the terms of the sign-up bonus: number of points to expect, amount of spending required, and the time limit. That way you'll have some evidence in case things go haywire later.

If you're just nervous and want a quick answer you can call. A lot of people take screenshots while applying to avoid this issue.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:46 pm
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
Originally Posted by rrgg
V9 - You can get an easy "written" confirmation by logging in at Chase and asking through their message system. Just ask them to remind you of the terms of the sign-up bonus: number of points to expect, amount of spending required, and the time limit. That way you'll have some evidence in case things go haywire later.

If you're just nervous and want a quick answer you can call. A lot of people take screenshots while applying to avoid this issue.
Thanks!
I did call and it is $5000, 60K in 3 months - the agent had to find out although I trust her. I wrote it down this time.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:10 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Does anyone know if Chase business pulls your CR when you apply, or when you call?

I applied for an Ink Plus today, along with an Amex and a Citi card. I got "Decision Pending" on the Ink, but when I called, found out that the business department is closed today for the holiday (stupid of me to forget). I'll call tomorrow, but will they see my other pulls from today, or only the report that was pulled when I originally applied?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Same Day Spouse Application -- Pending??

Perhaps someone can explain what happened here. DH and I decided to apply separately for Chase Sapphire Preferred cards (for the 40K points per card, which we would transfer 1:1 to Hyatt). Our credit scores are 815. We just refinanced our house (reducing our mortgage payment by $500/month), although I don't think that would affect our ability to obtain credit.

I applied online, and was instantly approved with a $31,500 credit limit. No authorized user. An hour later, I put in my husband's application (also no authorized user) and he got one of those dreaded "7-10 day" decision responses.

As far as our prior/current Chase credit card accounts are concerned:

1. I have the no-fee Chase Freedom ($17.5K limit) which I obtained many years ago from Waterhouse. It was a sock-drawer card. I use it now primarily for the 5% Chase Freedom bonuses. DH is an authorized user.

2. I also have the United Mileage Plus Explorer Card ($23K limit) which I applied for 7/8/12. Once I got the 55K mile bonus (50K + 5K for adding an AU), it went into the sock drawer.

3. DH also has a United Mileage Plus Explorer Card ($23K limit), applied for on 6/10/12. Once the bonus miles were credited, it went into the sock drawer. When it comes up for renewal (probably in August), he will close the account. DH and I are authorized users on each other's card.

4. The only other Chase card that DH has had was the British Air (100K bonus card). He closed that account in April 2011 (to avoid the annual fee).

Other than the United cards, all we applied for within the past 2 years have been: (1) Citibank American Advantage card (mine), for the 50K miles (Oct. 2012, $22K limit), and (2) an upgrade to his AMEX Hilton Surpass card about 5 months ago ($33K limit). Previously, we were heavily invested in Hhonors (he is a Diamond), but ever since the massive devaluation, we have been searching for alternative ways to cover our hotel stays.

Last edited by pashber; Jul 4, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.