Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:30 am

Hi. Every time I call to try to change my Slate to something else (Freedom), they say they can't do it right now and "please try again every 1-2 months". So annoying! They tell me it's a random thing. How odd. Anyone know why? I doubt it's due to my credit - but FWIW I have good credit, no derogs or baddies. AAoA 6.0 years, FAKO 700. Also, it's not an ex-WaMu card. I applied for a Slate 8 years ago when I needed my first credit card.

They keep trying to convince me to apply for a new card, which I refuse to because i'm about to buy a house sometime in the near future. crazyness...
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:16 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vodkashine
Do you have a long personal credit card history with Chase?
Unfortunately no

I've just got a personal card one month before that
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
CSP - applied in-branch for lower spend deal (have print out of 40kUR/$2000 from bank) on Monday:

Chase pulled Equifax here in N. Cal and I got "Not Enough accounts opened long enough" - which is very weird as I have had a Freedom and Amazon card for 4-5 years, the United card for 13 months and a Chase checking/savings account for 1.5 years. Called reconsideration and they said Equifax didn't show them.

She pulled a different bureau (looks like Transunion) and pulled some credit from the consolidated credit (onepass credit added to the MP) on my United card as I hit my max credit with them for approval.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by lmwong1977
CSP - applied in-branch for lower spend deal (have print out of 40kUR/$2000 from bank) on Monday:

Chase pulled Equifax here in N. Cal and I got "Not Enough accounts opened long enough" - which is very weird as I have had a Freedom and Amazon card for 4-5 years, the United card for 13 months and a Chase checking/savings account for 1.5 years. Called reconsideration and they said Equifax didn't show them.

She pulled a different bureau (looks like Transunion) and pulled some credit from the consolidated credit (onepass credit added to the MP) on my United card as I hit my max credit with them for approval.
I've noticed Chase has given many odd reasons not to give people accounts. Almost as if when they deny you they just pick from a random list of pre-written things.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
I've noticed Chase has given many odd reasons not to give people accounts. Almost as if when they deny you they just pick from a random list of pre-written things.
I've seen them slowing down on how many cards they'll issue one person lately. This "relationship too new" or "accounts too new" seems to have popped up pretty recently. I can understand if I want a 20k CLI, but if I just want to move CL to a new card, that shouldn't be an issue as long as you look at my Credit History, see I've never missed a payment, there's no negative marks, and I'm actively putting spend on my cards and paying it off every month.

I want to add an Ink, but just got rejected 90 days ago due to accounts being too new, and business being too new. I wonder if applying for an Ink Cash/Classic vs an Ink Bold for a first card with them would make a difference as one is obviously targeted more towards start ups or even smaller businesses. Guess I'll find out in 90 more days when I apply for Freedom and Ink Classic.

Last edited by PainCorp; Jul 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:59 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I applied for and got approved for a CSP, and Amex and Citi personal cards on May 31st. Then a Barclays US card on June 3rd, which pulled TU. I now have a total of 3 Chase cards. Can I apply for a Bold card now? Does the 91 day application rule count even if you are switching between personal vs. biz accounts?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by agp423
I applied for and got approved for a CSP, and Amex and Citi personal cards on May 31st. Then a Barclays US card on June 3rd, which pulled TU. I now have a total of 3 Chase cards. Can I apply for a Bold card now? Does the 91 day application rule count even if you are switching between personal vs. biz accounts?
The 91 day "rule" shouldn't count in that case. You could try but as you'll hear many times, it's a YMMV thing. If you read up you'll see a few people get approved for a couple of Chase personal cards in a month. Just call recon and see what they tell u.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:21 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Applied and was not instantly approved (for the first time with Chase). I'm going to call recon at 8am, hopefully to get this card approved. Do you think they will expedite the delivery if I ask? Has anyone gotten expedited delivery?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Called recon, CSR asked for my social, name, and then asked me to hold. Came back three minutes later and told me that the card was approved.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA BAEC FL WN US SPG Marriott Hyatt UR
This is kinda strange.

DW has several pers. Chase cards. Then, applied for CSP. Got 7-10 day response. Then denied: Too many open accounts. Called recon. line. CSR still denied her. (CSR would not allow reallocation of CL; said other accounts had to be open > 6 months in order to reallocate CL) DW did not escalate the request; resigned to waiting the 6 months. Then, out of the blue, a day later, got a call from Chase. They asked a few questions, re-allocated the CL, and approved the CSP for a low but adequate CL. Verbally confirmed sign-up bonus terms (just the basic 40K/$3K/3 mo.). Once receive cc, she will confirm sign-up bonus via SM. We never expected to get that (unsolicited) call back.

Last edited by mfinn; Jul 16, 2013 at 9:46 pm
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
A callback after a recon denial?
Wow.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA BAEC FL WN US SPG Marriott Hyatt UR
Originally Posted by vodkashine
A callback after a recon denial?
Wow.
The callback may have been in response to a SM which my DW sent after the initial denial but before she called the live recon. line. Can't tell whether the callback was a follow-up to the (live recon. line) phone conversation with the CSR or an initial response to the SM.

Last edited by mfinn; Jul 18, 2013 at 5:54 am
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:37 am

Applied for 3 cards in one day, all went into further review. Received Ink Plus a few days later in the mail. A couple weeks later I received a letter for SW card stating that I had too many inquiries and accounts open with chase (Freedom and recently opened Ink Plus). I called reconsideration line and they still denied me stating they had lent me the max amount of credit they were willing to. I get another letter about 5 days after for the SP card stating they need to verify my identity. I called them and answered a few identity questions and they approved me for 12K no questions asked. Makes no sense.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Applied for 3 cards in one day, all went into further review. Received Ink Plus a few days later in the mail. A couple weeks later I received a letter for SW card stating that I had too many inquiries and accounts open with chase (Freedom and recently opened Ink Plus). I called reconsideration line and they still denied me stating they had lent me the max amount of credit they were willing to. I get another letter about 5 days after for the SP card stating they need to verify my identity. I called them and answered a few identity questions and they approved me for 12K no questions asked. Makes no sense.
They use a Magic Eight ball for approvals...
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:53 pm

The 91 day "rule" shouldn't count in that case.
Disagree. the 91 day rule has nothing to do with personal vs. business, it has to do with how many inquiries you have within the last 90 days on the credit report they pull - for anything at all, including personal and business cards as well as pulls for things other than credit cards. Glad you got approved (I saw your later post saying you did), but worth knowing for the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.