Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
Called recon, CSR asked for my social, name, and then asked me to hold. Came back three minutes later and told me that the card was approved.
Did they agree to expedite?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:14 pm

I opened my 2nd, 3rd, & 4th CCs last month (Citi AA, CSP, Barclays Arrival) and put my husband as an Authorized User on them.

I recently applied him for his first 4 CCs (ever). He was instantly approved on 3, but was rejected on the Chase Freedom because his accounts increased too quickly/his credit limits rose too fast, the use on them grew too fast compared to the limit (seriously? My statements report a total of 9% use) and he has no accounts older than 2 years. We have no other accounts with Chase and his credit score is 699 - 730 depending on the credit agency.

On a recon call I figure pointing out that he's only an authorized user might help. Any advice on what else I can say? I probably only have one shot at a recon call bc hubby gets cranky about having to do anything besides use the CCs and he's already had to give his info for a recon call twice (when I failed to get him the Marriott CC and the 2nd CSR suggested applying for the Chase Freedom).
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
They use a Magic Eight ball for approvals...
You might be on to something there...
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Just applied to the Chase Freedom and a few others for my AOR. Froze Experian, which is what EVERYONE but Barclays pulls for me, so I got pending on the 2 cards (is that even an AOR? I'll start putting it in quotes). Let's see what Chase says in "2 weeks."
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Just applied to the Chase Freedom and a few others for my AOR. Froze Experian, which is what EVERYONE but Barclays pulls for me, so I got pending on the 2 cards (is that even an AOR? I'll start putting it in quotes). Let's see what Chase says in "2 weeks."
Chase Magic Eight Ball, i'm tellin' ya!

Are you gonna try recon, see what they say?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 11:36 pm
Suspended

I sent a SM in. The thing that sucks is I kept getting error messages so I sent in 2 or 3 because it kept saying it failed.

Also offered to give up another card that I was going to cancel anyways, but in a few more months. Never hurts to ask.

I really wish they would let us down convert to a Chase branded product from a co-branded one still.

And the nice thing is, since it looks like these cards tried to pull Experian, is there won't be any pulls since I froze it, even if I still get denied! At least I have that going for me.

Last edited by PainCorp; Jul 20, 2013 at 12:38 am
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:02 am

I sent a SM in. The thing that sucks is I kept getting error messages so I sent in 2 or 3 because it kept saying it failed.

Also offered to give up another card that I was going to cancel anyways, but in a few more months. Never hurts to ask.

I really wish they would let us down convert to a Chase branded product from a co-branded one still.

And the nice thing is, since it looks like these cards tried to pull Experian, is there won't be any pulls since I froze it, even if I still get denied! At least I have that going for me.
I have always had lots of problems sending SMs in the past for some reason. It's been much better this year.

Yeah, if we could convert between different cards it would be heaven (for us FTers...). That's nice, save a pull (or 2 in your case). I have a frozen TU. Most banks pull TU for me including Chase. I wonder how long these frozen accounts last? 2 years (I wish)?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:30 am
Suspended

I have always had lots of problems sending SMs in the past for some reason. It's been much better this year.

Yeah, if we could convert between different cards it would be heaven (for us FTers...). That's nice, save a pull (or 2 in your case). I have a frozen TU. Most banks pull TU for me including Chase. I wonder how long these frozen accounts last? 2 years (I wish)?
I would just be happy with the ability to convert down to save account age. You used to be able to do it, but not anymore.

I would love if I could just get on recon and talk the guy/gal into just splitting my credit line without pulling a bureau, but that's a bit unrealistic. Hopefully I can at least talk them into pulling EQ or TU. There was one bit of information I saw on my EX that was incorrect, some accounts just didn't get matched up properly, so I'll use the excuse that I'm sorting that out if they ask.

Wonder if I should add in a rogue Barclays app since they can't mess with EX right now.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 1:44 am

Wonder if I should add in a rogue Barclays app since they can't mess with EX right now.
Lol, might as well!
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:08 am

Two cards from Chase

Found answer in prior post

Last edited by azmike; Jul 21, 2013 at 11:05 am
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:16 am

What link did you use for your Chase Freedom? What was the bonus? I've been holding off for the $350 bonus they offered a few years ago but I guess it's not coming back.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by felicity5
What link did you use for your Chase Freedom? What was the bonus? I've been holding off for the $350 bonus they offered a few years ago but I guess it's not coming back.
I've actually never seen anything higher than $100. =(
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:05 am

I've actually never seen anything higher than $100. =(
There was some URL scouring that found a 35k offer that died in about 1 day. Aside from that there used to be offers of 20-25k pretty regularly.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by keirnna
There was some URL scouring that found a 35k offer that died in about 1 day. Aside from that there used to be offers of 20-25k pretty regularly.
That was probably back in the day with the 100,000 CSP offer, when banks needed business and were loose with the sign up bonus. Those aren't really coming back, and there's no way they're going to give you $350 to sign up for an AF-free card right now.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:58 am

That was probably back in the day with the 100,000 CSP offer, when banks needed business and were loose with the sign up bonus. Those aren't really coming back, and there's no way they're going to give you $350 to sign up for an AF-free card right now.
No it was last year. It was a URL hack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.