Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
anyone know of a better sign-up bonus for the Chase Freedom other than the public one (get $100 cash back after you spend $500 in the first 3 months from account opening.)
Since the time of the $300 bonus, there have been no other higher bonuses.

You might want to try a local Chase branch...Though I'm sure if they had a different offer, we would have heard something by now. But so many people find better offers in their local bank, you never know what you'd find.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As someone who's received 2 Chase cards already this year (BA Visa - Feb and Marriott Visa last week) does it make more sense to apply for the Ink charge card rather than the CC (from a better chance to get approved stand point) or does it make little difference (all things being equal...good credit and 3 searches/applications this year). Also, presumably the 1 application per 30 day rule applies here (or does that just apply to personal cards?).
Old Jun 15, 2013, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Stripy
As someone who's received 2 Chase cards already this year (BA Visa - Feb and Marriott Visa last week) does it make more sense to apply for the Ink charge card rather than the CC (from a better chance to get approved stand point) or does it make little difference (all things being equal...good credit and 3 searches/applications this year). Also, presumably the 1 application per 30 day rule applies here (or does that just apply to personal cards?).
Chase does not have a 1 app. per 30 days rule. Many folks have gotten 2 cards on the same day (maybe had to call the recon. line, maybe not). Your total credit picture, including current cards, will decide what you can get from Chase. Go for it.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by philemer
Chase does not have a 1 app. per 30 days rule. Many folks have gotten 2 cards on the same day (maybe had to call the recon. line, maybe not). Your total credit picture, including current cards, will decide what you can get from Chase. Go for it.
Well, I took your advice and went for the Bold - didn't get declined (not sure if anyone does straight away) but I did get the "we're thinking about it and will get back to you via snail mail in 10-30 days". We'll have to see what happens
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:46 pm

Have 2 Ink - last one approved in Dec 12. Was planning to close one of the Ink and applied for the Chase UA Biz card on 6/10/13 (as a part of AOR of 4 cards). Application rejected, called up 3 times - was told that chase can neither extend more credit nor closing the Ink will help.

I have been approved for 5 personal chase cards in last 12 months (+ 2 biz cards). Need to go slow.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by jatink129
Since the time of the $300 bonus, there have been no other higher bonuses.

You might want to try a local Chase branch...Though I'm sure if they had a different offer, we would have heard something by now. But so many people find better offers in their local bank, you never know what you'd find.
glad i decided to wait instead of getting the Freedom. SW RR offers became public again.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:32 pm

Please keep in mind that chase seems to have very long memory and put you on a blackball list if you had a prior card and even if all paymetns were on time, you got the card mostly for getting the miles and really never used it after the promotion.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:54 am

Applied for the Bold last night, got the decision pending. Was expected, as I just moved a week ago, so I'm sure the records didn't line up completely yet. Add the fact that it was a Biz card, so calling them tomorrow morning ASAP.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:07 pm
el8

Data Point:

Applied for CSP last night, instant approval, $25k. Today I applied for United Explorer 55k using browser link trick described in the main thread, and got a pending response. Called recon and was offered to shift some of the $25k balance to United. Ended up with a $15k/$10k split. Rep confirmed the 55k promo.

Good experience, Chase people were very friendly. Never have been a Chase customer, so it was a pleasant experience.

Also applied for Ink Bold 60k, but it looks like they're putting most applications on hold because of the high application volume due to the 60k promotion. I don't expect any issues with it.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:37 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
After reading the last several pages, it seems that as long as I apply for the Ink Bold by this Saturday, 6/22, I will get the 60k bonus offer whenever it is finally approved. Also, the 90 day spending period is from the approval date, not application date for Chase, correct?

Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA
Applied and got approved for an Ink Bold about 6 weeks back. Got them to match the offer.

Applied for the Ink Plus this time round, still pending. Called and they said they could not expedite..
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jyflyer
Applied and got approved for an Ink Bold about 6 weeks back. Got them to match the offer.

Applied for the Ink Plus this time round, still pending. Called and they said they could not expedite..
Did you get approved for the card 6 weeks back and they matched the 60k bonus when you called to inquire about the ink plus?

Anything in particular you said to get them to match?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Did you get approved for the card 6 weeks back and they matched the 60k bonus when you called to inquire about the ink plus?

Anything in particular you said to get them to match?
I applied for Ink Plus in early April, met the spend, secured messaged them on Sunday and today I got a positive response (too bad Chase messaging system does not email me at my personal email when they respond to my secure message anymore) and 10,000 extra points. I don't want to post the exact message I sent, but it was along the lines "I applied for the 50,000 offer recently and came to know that you are currently running a better promotion for 60,000; could you please match the better offer and award the extra 10,000 points?"
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by jyflyer

Got a Bold back in the middle of Apr. Called the # on the back 6/16, asked to match, on hold for a min, got the 10k bonus. She said that it'll be credited in 2 - 3 statement cycles, but the bonus was credited in 2 days. Love you, Chase.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by jeanie
After reading the last several pages, it seems that as long as I apply for the Ink Bold by this Saturday, 6/22, I will get the 60k bonus offer whenever it is finally approved. Also, the 90 day spending period is from the approval date, not application date for Chase, correct?

Thanks.
Chase's 3 months is actually 103 days, but I wouldn't risk assuming and being wrong. You can confirm the exact time frame when you activate the card.
Also, you can easily meet the minimum spending in 2 months by buying Chase gift cards with no fees, load to BB or buy MO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.