Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 5:38 am

An odd & rather puzzling phenomenon:

Every time I call the automated status line to check on a business card app I submitted recently, the system simply says "to repeat this information, press..." after I enter my SSN. But there is no information, even if I ask for it to be repeated.

I suspect this is just a one-off glitch & that my app is still sitting in a queue to be processed, but I thought I'd ask whether anyone else has run into this (& whether or not it seemed to foretell a denial). And yes, I could talk to a CSR, except that I was grilled & turned down when I called in on my previous Chase biz card app.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by sungchiahao
I just got my CSP card, but I am not seeing my signup bonus conditions arriving in the welcome package. Where do I get the signup bonus terms?
You're correct. I just checked my CSP paper works. There was no mentioning of the signup bonus. However, I signed up in the branch and confirmed the bonus right there.

To be sure, I always call the CC company (or in this case, Chase accepts secure messaging online) and ask them to confirm the signup bonus.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by kasan08
Got the UA card signon bonus 2 years plus 2 months ago and cancelled the card two weeks ago. is it now safe to apply for it again? My concern is that I received the UA card refer ad email 3 days ago and I can still be able to log in the chase refer system with my old UA card info, so i am not sure if my old card is still in their system..
I agree with what Brugge said.

If you need to be very sure, you can call Chase. Let them know you have paid off all balances on this card and you have accrued no new charges on the card. And ask them to remove the card from online account history. If they ask why, let them know the card has been closed, and you no longer need to see it online (which is your case). It should be immediately marked, and may take up to two days for it to disappear from your account.

Last edited by Bluebirdie; May 17, 2015 at 11:28 pm Reason: Heed to sethb's comment and edited wording
Old May 13, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Bluebirdie
I agree with what Brugge said.

If you need to be very sure, you can call Chase. Let them know you have paid off all balances on this card and you have accrued no new charges on the card. And ask them to make the card delinquent. If they ask why, let them know the card has been closed, and you no longer need to see it online (which is your case). It should be immediately delinquent, and may take up to two days for it to disappear from your account.
I don't think "delinquent" is the word you mean.
Old May 13, 2015, 3:47 pm

I closed my Chase SW Plus account around 8 months ago. Got the bonus points back in 2011. Would it be safe to apply again and get the new 50K bonus amount?
Old May 13, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
I closed my Chase SW Plus account around 8 months ago. Got the bonus points back in 2011. Would it be safe to apply again and get the new 50K bonus amount?
It depends. If 2011 was more than 24 months ago, then you should be fine. If 2011 was less than 24 months ago, then you need to wait.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
Applied and got pending. Called recon. Went through a fairly extensive Q&A with no issues. Rep said they need another 1-2 days for a senior rep to look at my application. Haven't had this happen before. Do I have any chance of this getting approved?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Travel22
Applied and got pending. Called recon. Went through a fairly extensive Q&A with no issues. Rep said they need another 1-2 days for a senior rep to look at my application. Haven't had this happen before. Do I have any chance of this getting approved?
You didn't tell us what your total Credit Line is with Chase. It sounds like your are at your max CL with them, and only a Senior Credit Analyst can approve your app at that CL level. If so, it's time to start trimming your Chase CL.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
I'm not sure if a data point is needed here, but I can confirm that reducing your total CL seems to prompt instant approval. (Obviously, if your income and FICO are adequate) I have been at about $75K CL for over a year. Every single app I had to call in and move credit around for approval. I finally whacked $42K off. Low and behold...Instant approval today with $35K CL. Probably going to have to trim that a bit now, too.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa
I'm not sure if a data point is needed here, but I can confirm that reducing your total CL seems to prompt instant approval. (Obviously, if your income and FICO are adequate) I have been at about $75K CL for over a year. Every single app I had to call in and move credit around for approval. I finally whacked $42K off. Low and behold...Instant approval today with $35K CL. Probably going to have to trim that a bit now, too.
^ And yes, that's the problem with trimming your TCCL. The more you trim it, the higher the CL they give you on your next card, and so the more you have to trim it again.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Elite status everywhere, not enough time to enjoy
Originally Posted by Brugge
^ And yes, that's the problem with trimming your TCCL. The more you trim it, the higher the CL they give you on your next card, and so the more you have to trim it again.
is there a way of reducing credit limits online or do i need to call in?
Old May 14, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by grantsi
is there a way of reducing credit limits online or do i need to call in?
You can do it through instant message. When doing so also let them know if you would like them to disable automatic credit line increases for the account(s)
Old May 14, 2015, 3:34 pm

I called after getting the pending notice. Got asked some questions and after they said it would take a few days I asked for a credit line exchange (CLE). Within 5 minutes of doing that I was approved after moving some credit around and new card is on its way.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
This is either something all new, or just Chase seeing you not using the cards they already gave you.
So if 5 in 2 years is too many, I guess 5 in 3 months won't fly either.

Hopefully this isn't some new Chase policy, or I'm most likely never getting another Chase card for the rest of my life.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
So if 5 in 2 years is too many, I guess 5 in 3 months won't fly either.

Hopefully this isn't some new Chase policy, or I'm most likely never getting another Chase card for the rest of my life.
Would love to see folks doing 5BM getting locked out of Chase for a couple of years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.