Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge

...A couple of things come to mind. One is that I've been reading that Chase has been making it far harder to get Bus cards approved for the past 6 months or so...

I think it is more YMMV. Wife and I were both approved for SW Business cards with $400 business income. If Chase were being harder for business cards, I don't think we would have been approved. We each got all three of the SW cards in the past three months.
Old May 7, 2015, 2:42 pm

Well this sucks. Applied for Chase Slate, got a card for 3k credit limit, what the heck?!? Great income over 6 figures, ultra low dti, no lates, no bk or anything like that, no other payments like a car as both are paid off. Whole point was to transfer about 13k or so and pay off and then just use the card as-is as we're looking to buy a house later this summer/year and figured could use it for work needed and just pay off each time with no interest, win win right?!?. All my other cards are higher limits. They said it was b/c my credit score was a 690 .... when I monitor my own credit and have two other cards that report credit and all scores are way over 700. Know I know what that means when I saw people on here saying Chase makes up credit scores. People also said you have to let them know when applying how much you plan to transfer or they'll limit you, except I did tell them I was going to transfer that amount.

So basically I just dinged my own credit with a HP for a credit card thats useless.... great . Shoulda known better as I did more research. Beginning to think these balance transfer cards are phony for people in good standings. Why? B/c a friend got the Slate card last month, much lower income then my, much higher debt, had a couple lates over a year ago, said his score on the sheet that came with the card was a 640 and yet he got a card for over 8k limit for the 6k or so he was going to transfer, what the heck?

Last edited by surferchris; May 7, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Old May 7, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JATR4
I think it is more YMMV. Wife and I were both approved for SW Business cards with $400 business income. If Chase were being harder for business cards, I don't think we would have been approved. We each got all three of the SW cards in the past three months.
Come to think of it, all of the reports I've read have been about the Ink Plus. That's the one my DW got denied for, with a 6 month old business, and already $20K income, most of which was net profit. Maybe the SW is easier to get approved.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:40 pm

I just got my CSP card, but I am not seeing my signup bonus conditions arriving in the welcome package. Where do I get the signup bonus terms?
Old May 8, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
I just got my CSP card, but I am not seeing my signup bonus conditions arriving in the welcome package. Where do I get the signup bonus terms?
I'm not aware of any zombie links for the CSP. The wiki certainly doesn't have one. When you went to sign up, you probably first saw a "landing page" with the offer terms. Here's an example:

https://creditcards.chase.com/sapphi...FChaseSapphire

Chase probably doesn't feel they need to include them in the welcome package, since they assume you already know what they are.
Old May 9, 2015, 1:39 am

Got the UA card signon bonus 2 years plus 2 months ago and cancelled the card two weeks ago. is it now safe to apply for it again? My concern is that I received the UA card refer ad email 3 days ago and I can still be able to log in the chase refer system with my old UA card info, so i am not sure if my old card is still in their system..
Old May 9, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by kasan08
Got the UA card signon bonus 2 years plus 2 months ago and cancelled the card two weeks ago. is it now safe to apply for it again? My concern is that I received the UA card refer ad email 3 days ago and I can still be able to log in the chase refer system with my old UA card info, so i am not sure if my old card is still in their system..
Look up your account online. My SW card was canceled 3 months ago, yet it still shows up on my account page with this note:

"Your account is closed and no longer available for use. If you have a balance remaining on the account, please continue to make monthly payments by the due date."

So your closed card will still be "in their system", just now showing as closed.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Look up your account online. My SW card was canceled 3 months ago, yet it still shows up on my account page with this note:

"Your account is closed and no longer available for use. If you have a balance remaining on the account, please continue to make monthly payments by the due date."

So your closed card will still be "in their system", just now showing as closed.
Yes, same to me with the ua card. But I have a friend got the UA bonus second time when his first card is still in his account page with the above closed note..
Old May 9, 2015, 10:56 am
RNE

On paper you're good to go. Apply now and let us know if Chase approves your application (I suspect it won't be instant, but that's no biggie). If your application is approved, then you're golden.

RNE, looking forward to your field report, as it were.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by RNE
On paper you're good to go. Apply now and let us know if Chase approves your application (I suspect it won't be instant, but that's no biggie). If your application is approved, then you're golden.

RNE, looking forward to your field report, as it were.
As far as i know, chase is not like citi, which is you will get the sign on bonus if they approve your card. Chase can approve your card and send you a letter one month later saying that you are not eligible for the sign on bonus.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:26 pm
RNE

As far as i know, chase is not like citi, which is you will get the sign on bonus if they approve your card. Chase can approve your card and send you a letter one month later saying that you are not eligible for the sign on bonus.
Yes, but he meets the 24-month waiting period, so he should get the bonus—assuming Chase approves his application. Not a certainty of that.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:04 am

As far as i know, chase is not like citi, which is you will get the sign on bonus if they approve your card.
A little OT, but since you posted that here: Citi has changed their policy. They will now approve an account when you do not qualify for a bonus. In fact, they are now worse than Chase, in that Chase will send you a letter within 2 months telling you that you don't qualify. So if you have to spend $x for a bonus, you can wait just over 2 months, and it you don't get that letter, you are safe to do the min spnd. Citi won't send you anything, you just won't get any bonus. They won't tell you anything about it until you complain.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:19 am

Just tried two browser / 2 united mileage plus cards

I applied for the personal mileage plus and the business mileage plus. Both did not get auto-approved.. I called the recon lines..

They approved the business credit after asking lots of questions but still declined the personal. They said they gave me $20K credit with the business and since im new to chase, they cant approve more credit for personal. I told them to give me 10k on the business then and give me 10k on personal but no go.. They said apply again once I build up good history with Chase..

Does that mean I can't apply for CSP since its also a chase card?
Old May 11, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 125mph
I applied for the personal mileage plus and the business mileage plus. Both did not get auto-approved.. I called the recon lines..

They approved the business credit after asking lots of questions but still declined the personal. They said they gave me $20K credit with the business and since im new to chase, they cant approve more credit for personal. I told them to give me 10k on the business then and give me 10k on personal but no go.. They said apply again once I build up good history with Chase..

Does that mean I can't apply for CSP since its also a chase card?
For now, that's what it means. I tried for a while to get Chase to approve me. When I knew I would qualify, I applied for UA and was shocked to get 20K. One month later approved for Marriot's 19.1K. One month after, hit my overall credit limit with Chase when approved for Southwest RR Visa. That limit is based on my income, and won't change unless my income does.

What the CSR you spoke with told you was that with good history with Chase you will qualify for more credit. In other words, you have not hit your overall credit limit based on your income.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by eajusa
For now, that's what it means. I tried for a while to get Chase to approve me. When I knew I would qualify, I applied for UA and was shocked to get 20K. One month later approved for Marriot's 19.1K. One month after, hit my overall credit limit with Chase when approved for Southwest RR Visa. That limit is based on my income, and won't change unless my income does.

What the CSR you spoke with told you was that with good history with Chase you will qualify for more credit. In other words, you have not hit your overall credit limit based on your income.
Just had my wife apply for a CSP so that we can get the points into my United Mileage.. they gave her 30K credit line. Maybe by end of year I'll have her cancel that and go for a UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.