Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SLOhCar
... don't consider the Prestige to be a high end card
It competes with American Express Platinum, as does Palladium, and the Ritz Carlton card.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by SLOhCar
They allowed you to downgrade to a new account Sapphire card? I was under the impression you could not downgrade/convert to anything when cancelling the Palladium.

Personally, I don't consider the Prestige to be a high end card but everyone on FT seems to really rave about it.
I signed up for a Sapphire Preferred with the 40,000 point bonus and then canceled the Palladium and moved the credit line from the Palladium over to the Sapphire Preferred card.

And yes the Prestige is clearly a high end card and IMHO is the best one going for now especially if you ever fly AA. I am going to be using it to compliment my Amex Plat and Chase Sapphire Preferred card. I am also keeping the AMEX PRG for groceries and plane tickets. I was planning on canceling that one also but they just waived my annual fee again.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
The experiment is officially over for me on this card.

A year ago, I got this card thinking that it could be a replacement for my Amex Plat. I intended to keep both for a year and then make a decision.

I just cancelled the Palladium. Nice looking card, but can't compete with Amex Plat, at least for me personally.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:10 am

Do you think the Palladium Card will change over to the Visa Infinite Card from A Visa Signature Card?

Also, I heard the new minimum for Chase Private Client is $100K now. Any confirmation on this?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:00 am
mia

Originally Posted by SteveT
Also, I heard the new minimum for Chase Private Client is $100K now.
Online still shows $250,000

An average balance of $250,000 required. Qualifying Chase deposits and investments include the following:
https://www.chase.com/online/private...htm#footnote_1
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by CreditRocks
JPM has been making certain changes to market the card as a top tier premium product in the market place (i.e. it is nearly impossible to get the fee waivers for even ultra high net worth clients). I would think that there might be some changes coming in the future.
People have been saying this for *years* and it hasn't happened. Wishful thinking + FOMO are the only reasons to keep believing this.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:33 pm
mia

Moderator action

Discussion of new UR airline/hotel transfer policy has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Anyone heard anything about the Pd lately?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 1:11 pm

UR points

I recently discovered that there's a nice little side benefit-- if you move UR points from a non-Palladium card (e.g., Sapphire Preferred) to the Palladium card, you can still spend those points on travel with a 1.5x multiplier.

That's great for me to make up for lack of 2x dining points-- I'm just using the Sapphire Preferred for dining, then moving the points over to spend.

All in all, I've been really happy w/ this card. I'm using all points to book travel through the portal (always ensuring that it's the same price as going direct to the airline). I'm also doing shop through chase when appropriate. When you factor all that in, plus the bonus points for spending $100K, I'm effectively getting over 2.9% back on everything I spend on the card, which is awesome.

My big concern is losing the extra point per dollar spent on booking through their site after the end of the year!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
did anyone hear what is supposed to happen to the card. I have it since 2010 and the features are so so, the card itself very cool...
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:16 am

Does not appear much is going on with this card. You would think the company would be a little more pro-active with a card marketed to higher spend individuals.

The big question is does this piece of wallet candy justify its fee.

Appears they sold everyone on the sizzle and not the steak
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by wordsew

Appears they sold everyone on the sizzle and not the steak
As the saying goes, they are laughing all the way to the bank.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
I'm out

...I see no reason to continue putting 100k in spend on the card year after year for the annual 30k point carrot (how I justified the annual fee in my mind).

Waiting on hold for an underwriter as I type this, moving on to a more rewarding chase product.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: UA, AA
Apparently against the current

I see this forum and it seems like everyone is bailing out of The Palladium Card. Understanding everyone's situation is different...please let me know if and where I'm in error:

I fly United (never by choice, but lack there of) and lately, haven't made the premier levels. Anyone who flies United via Houston knows that their Club is the most valuable Club in the world. This is not because of Perks or service, but because given the number of delays and cancelled flights, you may have to spend hours or even days in the airport.

So I got the Chase Mileage Plus Club Card and use it for most flight related purchases with a $450 AF. I also have a CSP (my fave) with double points on all travel and dining plus a 25% redemption bonus through Ultimate Rewards and an AF of $95. Still use a citi double Cash on occasion with no AF.

I've been a CPC for 3 years now. My thinking is that if I ask my rep for the Palladium Card to replace both Chase products, I would only spend $50 more than now and experience the following:

PROs:
I carry only one card instead of 2
I have access to other lounges in non-United airports (I avoid united when I can - not often.)
I get 50% redemption bonus through Ultimate Rewards instead of 25%
35000 extra points if and when I reach $100K (I wouldn't seek it, but it may happen anyway)

CONs:
$50 more AF total
No double points on Dining from CSP (this can be made up through other cards though)
Lose the 2 free bags benefit with United from the Club Card (or is this also included with the PC?)

All else seems to stay the same. All in consideration, It seems like a positive move, but seeing all of your negative comments made me think twice. Am I missing something? Are my assumptions correct on the Pros and Cons?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by bubu-SNA
...I see no reason to continue putting 100k in spend on the card year after year for the annual 30k point carrot (how I justified the annual fee in my mind).

Waiting on hold for an underwriter as I type this, moving on to a more rewarding chase product.
Did you find a more rewarding product? Which one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.