Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by DErg
They would not consider my business accounts at all for qualifying for Palladium. Just for reference two of my companies had existing multiyear relationships and each had enough cash on hand to qualify alone if business balances would count. I am a signer on both accounts and they are tied to my personal profile as well. I had to qualify based entirely on balances in personal accounts.
Make a 0% loan to yourself for 250k

But IMO not worth the trouble for this card.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:14 pm

Benefits Package

I have not received my benefits package or is it for new card holders? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Originally Posted by thepawn
New package from Palladium today.

Brochure talks about "enhanced" benefits and includes three offers.

From 8am-8pm EST there is now a dedicated domestic team to handle claims (seems this was just mentioned as an issue a few replies back?)

Other items identified, not sure what's really different, don't have the old list around me:
$10000 per trip for trip cancellation for pre-paid non-refundable items including fares, tours, hotels.
Primary Auto Insurance
$1mil travel accident insurance.
120 day Purchase Protection against dmg/theft up to $10k per incident, $50k max per year.
3 year extended warranty

The new offers:
IWC Schaffhausen watch check and gift - small watch pouch
Oscar de la Renta discount and gift - paperweight
Vilebrequin gifts (one small, one larger with purchase) - sunscreen (free), tote w/$500 purchase

Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by phoang1998
I have not received my benefits package or is it for new card holders? Has anyone else had the same problem?
Oddly, I got the package a couple of weeks after i cancelled my card.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I went to the IWC boutique on Saturday. I knew it had opened but hadn't yet been there. It's an incredibly beautiful store and the best way I can see describing it is that it's Disneyland for watch fans. I looked at five or six new watches, received a tour of the store, but I didn't have a chance to try the flight simulator but I'm going to go back for that. And the pouch that was given to me as a gift was very nice, too.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:38 pm

IIRC, chase was apparently going to switch the PD and a few other cards to Chip+PIN by the end of the year. The reps that I've spoken with were generally clueless. Embarking on a 15 day European tour so it could prove useful, even if only online secondary verification. Anyone heard anything?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
That would be great but it's news to me.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by csol47
IIRC, chase was apparently going to switch the PD and a few other cards to Chip+PIN by the end of the year. The reps that I've spoken with were generally clueless. Embarking on a 15 day European tour so it could prove useful, even if only online secondary verification. Anyone heard anything?
I have heard that Chase debit cards with chip & PIN are aiming for end of 1st quarter 2015. The timing for chip & PIN Chase credit cards, including the Palladium card, has been pushed out without any target date. It seems the plan is to add chip & signature to more of the Chase credit cards than to add chip & PIN.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: N/A
I just got a replacement card in the mail and it has seemed to have changed a bit since i got my first card about 5-6 months ago.

Has anyone noticed that new cards are significantly lighter?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JBG89
I just got a replacement card in the mail and it has seemed to have changed a bit since i got my first card about 5-6 months ago.

Has anyone noticed that new cards are significantly lighter?
I received my new cards and still had the old one and they were exactly the same (sans the CVV code and scratches on the old one)
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Mixed success with concierge for restaurant reservations. Positive for NYC, negative for SF. Maybe they don't have juice on West Coast. Don't have any other concierges so I can't compare.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: N/A
Just spoke with their "Concierge" regarding a lost card/wallet. They seemed quite reluctant to send me a new metal card wit their overnight/expedited services, even almost implying that they would think it better that i retrieve my card (In another city that i wont be visiting for 2 weeks) than to have them print a new one. Has anyone experienced such hesitation to get a new metal card over a plastic one, and for the hesitation to ship in an expedited fashion?

I can humbly say that I am quite forgetful and have gone through multiple cards per year at times, and hope that this won't be an issue going forward (unless they think im melting the cards for the lack of palladium in it)
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:20 pm
x00

Originally Posted by JBG89
Just spoke with their "Concierge" regarding a lost card/wallet. They seemed quite reluctant to send me a new metal card wit their overnight/expedited services, even almost implying that they would think it better that i retrieve my card (In another city that i wont be visiting for 2 weeks) than to have them print a new one. Has anyone experienced such hesitation to get a new metal card over a plastic one, and for the hesitation to ship in an expedited fashion?

I can humbly say that I am quite forgetful and have gone through multiple cards per year at times, and hope that this won't be an issue going forward (unless they think im melting the cards for the lack of palladium in it)
i've had card replaced atleast 3 times due to wear and tear on it, without any issues. From my understanding, concierge services does not have the powers to replace cards, benefit services does; perhaps thats where lack of training/confusion kicked in?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:55 pm

any update, to the enhancements coming to the card?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
If one was to open an account with Chase Private Client as a non-resident, would it be possible to apply for the card? This is assuming that one could open an account as a non-resident in the first place.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by StoobyDoo
If one was to open an account with Chase Private Client as a non-resident, would it be possible to apply for the card? This is assuming that one could open an account as a non-resident in the first place.
CPC is not an account, it is a relationship "level." Normal banking rules apply... If you can open a checking account, or a credit card, in the US, then you're probably fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.