Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP Morgan Palladium Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
I am curious whether there are any unpublished status benefits with hotels or airlines. I would consider this as a replacement for my Marriott Visa, but this card doesn't seem to have the benefit of earning elite qualifying nights for spend (just UR points which can be exchanged for MR points. Also, someone forwarded me the PDF of the booklet that accompanies the card and I don't see anything about the UA club membership, the museum memberships or the Ghurka bag. I also thought I saw something on here about receiving UA status, but I could be confusing that with the club membership. Sort of on the fence and want to know exactly what I'd be in for...
United Club and the museum memberships are unpublished benefits. The free Ghurka bag was an annual gift; the year before they gave out $1,000 gift certificates to Harry Winston. You also get at least one year of GHA Black Status by calling the JPM concierge, and many have reported success in having it extended past the first year (myself included). The concierge has also done a great job in getting me free room upgrades and perks, but that's YMMV. Currently, the Palladium card does not include any airline status perks.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:22 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by bribro
United Club and the museum memberships are unpublished benefits. The free Ghurka bag was an annual gift; the year before they gave out $1,000 gift certificates to Harry Winston. You also get at least one year of GHA Black Status by calling the JPM concierge, and many have reported success in having it extended past the first year (myself included). The concierge has also done a great job in getting me free room upgrades and perks, but that's YMMV. Currently, the Palladium card does not include any airline status perks.
You love teasing us. You have to PM me and tell me what you know. I'm dying.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Good to know, thanks. Would be a slam dunk were Marriott status included. In fact, I'm kind of surprised it isn't, given the Marriott/Chase relationship and the fact that the Amex Plat includes annual SPG Gold. I know that Morgan Stanley (can't remember if it's through its version of the Amex Plat or just on its own) offers something similar to GHA status.

So do you call in to ask about the "annual gifts" the way you do for the other unpublished benefits, or just wait for them to show up?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by zeusmt
You love teasing us. You have to PM me and tell me what you know. I'm dying.
I'm not teasing anyone. I've shared what I know already and will post in this thread as new benefits/changes are finalized.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
So do you call in to ask about the "annual gifts" the way you do for the other unpublished benefits, or just wait for them to show up?
The annual gifts just show up. If you were too apply for the Palladium card now, I'm not sure if you would get the Ghurka bag.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
The annual gifts just show up. If you were too apply for the Palladium card now, I'm not sure if you would get the Ghurka bag.
I did not receive the Ghurka offer in the mail (which should have come with the hard copy of the 2014 Palladium hotel brochure). After seeing the mention of it here on FT, I waited for a few weeks and then called the Executive line to ask about it. The person I spoke with said JPMorgan "ran out" of the brochures, and will check into the Ghurka offer. I called back after 3 or 4 days of no response and after my second inquiry, it arrived by 2-day FedEx.

By the way, I ended up getting the Cargo II duffel bag.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:57 pm

I'm not teasing anyone. I've shared what I know already and will post in this thread as new benefits/changes are finalized.
I know you're not. Just anxiously waiting to hear what you already know.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NewYorker545
I did not receive the Ghurka offer in the mail (which should have come with the hard copy of the 2014 Palladium hotel brochure). After seeing the mention of it here on FT, I waited for a few weeks and then called the Executive line to ask about it. The person I spoke with said JPMorgan "ran out" of the brochures, and will check into the Ghurka offer. I called back after 3 or 4 days of no response and after my second inquiry, it arrived by 2-day FedEx.

By the way, I ended up getting the Cargo II duffel bag.
Same here. The employees at the store somewhat rolled their eyes when I said I had the Palladium offer. Didn't even bother trying to go through the sales pitch and just said they're out of the bag but I could choose whatever I wanted. Looked online and everything went on sale this week.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by silver-tls
Same here. The employees at the store somewhat rolled their eyes when I said I had the Palladium offer. Didn't even bother trying to go through the sales pitch and just said they're out of the bag but I could choose whatever I wanted. Looked online and everything went on sale this week.
My experience in the NY store was quite pleasant. The store manager was friendly and courteous. No sales pitch per se, he just gave a history of the company and where the styling orginated (probably took all of 2 minutes).
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
The offer can only be redeemed in a brick-and-mortar shop in New York City or San Francisco, correct?

Won't be in either of those places for four more months…
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:02 pm

I was approved in March. When I called for the hotel collection the Ghurka bag was mentioned but I was later informed they are no longer sending out hard copies of the book (I'm assuming that's where one would find the Ghurka offer). Ironically I was only after the hotel collection for an upcoming Beijing trip. They did refer me to this link, and I found a downloadable pdf.

On an unrelated note, how long did it take for everyone's lounge club to arrive?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: AFKL Platinum, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by halfleafclover
On an unrelated note, how long did it take for everyone's lounge club to arrive?
My Lounge Club card expired back in December, and I noticed 5 days before an upcoming trip that I did not receive the renewal card. Called the concierge line, and the card arrived FedEx overnight in 2 days.

If you have an upcoming trip, just give them a call and they make it happen.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by halfleafclover
I was approved in March. When I called for the hotel collection the Ghurka bag was mentioned but I was later informed they are no longer sending out hard copies of the book (I'm assuming that's where one would find the Ghurka offer). Ironically I was only after the hotel collection for an upcoming Beijing trip. They did refer me to this link, and I found a downloadable pdf.

No, the Ghurka offer was separate from the hotel collection book. When I called Concierge, they said the found the Ghurka offer to send to me but the hard copy of the hotel collection was no longer available.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:01 pm

No, the Ghurka offer was separate from the hotel collection book. When I called Concierge, they said the found the Ghurka offer to send to me but the hard copy of the hotel collection was no longer available.
Makes me want to call back! But it's not really worth the trouble for a bag. If only I had some business in SF or NY...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Diamond (no I will not use the new name), Marriott/ SPG lt Plat, JPM Reserve, Amex Plat
My experience in the NY store was quite pleasant. The store manager was friendly and courteous. No sales pitch per se, he just gave a history of the company and where the styling orginated (probably took all of 2 minutes).
I went to the SF store and had a very nice experience there as well. No pressure to buy and a nice demo of the brand. They were a bit shocked that I knew what Ghurka's were and that I had a Kurki.

Last edited by DErg; Apr 24, 2014 at 12:45 pm Reason: ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.