Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Miles for Rent/Mortgage/Tuition? [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for Rent/Mortgage/Tuition? [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:56 am

Here's the link:

https://www.chargesmart.com/

There are fees involved and they don't take Amex
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by agsoccer32
In addition to e-rewards you can go to opinionplace.com to take a survey a week for miles. You can also play games at clubbing.com to earn tickets and redeem those for airline miles. I just finished playing enough games to redeem all the mileage offers on that site and I think it came out to about 11k miles. It takes a while, but it's entertaining if sitting in a boring lecture.
I didn't know about clubbing.com Is there some particular game you used to get so many points? I just tried one of the word games and only got 20 tickets for completing it. Or did it take you just hours and hours and hours? Thx
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by hellothere
I didn't know about clubbing.com Is there some particular game you used to get so many points? I just tried one of the word games and only got 20 tickets for completing it. Or did it take you just hours and hours and hours? Thx

Wrong thread. Wrong forum. Search is your friend (hint..Spam).
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
I just checked for my mortgage with Wells Fargo and they charge a flat $9.95 fee per payment. Works out to less than 1% fee. Not sure if its worth it or not.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
1% would be reasonable if you're getting miles that are really worth something. Just make sure that the payment isn't processed as some sort of cash advance.

I think a lot of people would pay 1% to get AA miles, especially if they're nearing 1M or 2M miles.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG
How long before draining my new account?

When making the initial deposit from my main institution (credit union money market account) it is purely to meet the min. requirement to qualify for the miles.
Does anyone know if I can with draw (all) that money and put it back in my MM to earn ( a bit) interest or have it available at my main intuition?

My account was opened 2 weeks ago.

Basically, I figure it would be best to wait until the miles post before I drain the account... or do they care?

thank you!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by 4Health
I just checked for my mortgage with Wells Fargo and they charge a flat $9.95 fee per payment. Works out to less than 1% fee. Not sure if its worth it or not.
Mine is Chase and it seems to be a $22.95 flat fee, a little high.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Mine is Chase and it seems to be a $22.95 flat fee, a little high.
Yikes! There is no way that I would do it for $22.95. That is a little steep.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
You can try using a card for anything.

I managed to put 11% of the cost of my new Accord on my CC. I negotiated with the manager to put 10% of the cost on CC, and I ordered the car so they wanted a 1% deposit to hold that, so I did that on CC too (seperate transaction so didn't count against 10% but did all go towards paying for car). No extra fee for me (it was for them, which was why they wouldn't go for paying it all by CC).

And this was before I found FlyerTalk.

Steve32
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by sydneysandiego
When making the initial deposit from my main institution (credit union money market account) it is purely to meet the min. requirement to qualify for the miles.
Does anyone know if I can with draw (all) that money and put it back in my MM to earn ( a bit) interest or have it available at my main intuition?

My account was opened 2 weeks ago.

Basically, I figure it would be best to wait until the miles post before I drain the account... or do they care?

thank you!
How would the credit union know if the miles from your credit card posted to your airline account?

I draw the money from my openings within 24 hours of it posting.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
1% would be reasonable if you're getting miles that are really worth something. Just make sure that the payment isn't processed as some sort of cash advance.

I think a lot of people would pay 1% to get AA miles, especially if they're nearing 1M or 2M miles.
I have a WF mortgage also, how to make sure that the payment is not processed as cash advance ?
Anybody had experience with chargesmart ?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:25 am

Hi Guys,

Philip from ChargeSmart here... If appropriate, I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys have about our service and always welcome feedback from our customers. Please send me a PM or post....

Thanks,

Philip
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA CO US DL HH Gold SPG Gold
Dont know if you want to earn out of your main programs, but US and AS via Bank of America lets you earn miles with pin OR signed transactions, so purchase money orders from the USPS using pin and pay with money orders. USPS charges about $1.90 per $1k transaction. I have also been using pin or signature transactions at safeway on gift cards/prepaid credit cards, and also earn 1mile/2$ with safeways grocery miles, however that program ends 28Feb.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by ChargeSmartPhilip
Hi Guys,

Philip from ChargeSmart here... If appropriate, I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys have about our service and always welcome feedback from our customers. Please send me a PM or post....

Thanks,

Philip
deleted
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by ChargeSmartPhilip
Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Philip
Are these charged as a cash advance or a normal purchase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.