Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Chase Amazon VISA [redemption values changing; see post #65]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Chase Amazon VISA [redemption values changing; see post #65]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by drdavidge
Or is there some way to transfer / combine points earned on the Amazon Chase card over to UR points?
I recently had success in transferring these points over to UR.

As many other suggested earlier in the thread, you need to tell them you want to transfer these points to BA and since they dont have that option anymore, they can let you transfer over to UR as a one time courtesy.

I transferred over 120k points but it wasnt easy. Required some persistence.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Kidrah
I recently had success in transferring these points over to UR.

As many other suggested earlier in the thread, you need to tell them you want to transfer these points to BA and since they dont have that option anymore, they can let you transfer over to UR as a one time courtesy.

I transferred over 120k points but it wasnt easy. Required some persistence.
did you do this over the phone or secure message? I've tried a handful of times both ways with no luck over the past couple years

Last edited by frudd38; Dec 14, 2013 at 12:02 am Reason: mistake
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
did you do this over the phone or secure message? I've tried a handful of times both ways with no luck over the past couple years
Secure message.

It was through a supervisor i believe. Like i said, it was a lot of persistence. I even took a photo of the original welcome letter from my application in 2008 and showed the option to transfer to BA.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: UA*S A3*G TK *G EY G AA G RJ Gold IHG Spire Amb HH DIamond Marriott Gold BW DIAMOND SELECT
Link to old voucher rewards?

Does anyone have a link to the various reward levels that used to be on the amazon chase site?
E.g. 25k for $400 domestic
50k for $800 international
etc
Are they still honoring the old T&C's for the few remaining people that still remember that they used to exist?

THANKS!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by flyinhy
Does anyone have a link to the various reward levels that used to be on the amazon chase site?
E.g. 25k for $400 domestic
50k for $800 international
etc
Are they still honoring the old T&C's for the few remaining people that still remember that they used to exist?
THANKS!

As of December they were. I booked a $400+ flight coming up in 2 weeks from now back in December for my remaining 25000 points. I don't have a link to the old reward levels though. I asked the person on the line before booking and she verified that 25k = $400 towards domestic was still good. Just ask when you call the redemption line.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:24 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyinhy
Try here:

http://web.archive.org/web/201209120...onConsumer.pdf
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: MP Silver
To summarize before asking a question

The more recent rules and regulations continue to mention "Fixed" bonus option but with out the specifics (in fact the example suggests it may have changed):
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resour...C0441_0442.pdf

and they seem to have slipped in another condition about upgrades:

" You may not upgrade travel arrangements obtained by redeeming your points. For example, if you redeem for Coach Class airfare using your points, you may not upgrade the Coach Class ticket to a First Class ticket at the airport."

Does this mean that complimentary upgrades using status are not possible? If that's the case it sounds like you may not even get miles for these tickets?

For convenience here are the cut offs previously specified:

25,000 points at no more than $400 (48 contiguous states)
45,000 points at no more than $600 (including Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico, Canada or Carribean)
50,000 points at no more than $800 (to Europe)
75,000 points at no more than $1,000 (to Asian, South America, or Central America)
90,000 points at no more than $1,600 (to elsewhere)

Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Chase Amazon to UR

Hi,

What would you all guess as the best value for Amazon points? Would you guess that a transfer of Amazon points at 1:1 into UR is the best value, if not which?

Originally Posted by Kidrah
Secure message.

It was through a supervisor i believe. Like i said, it was a lot of persistence. I even took a photo of the original welcome letter from my application in 2008 and showed the option to transfer to BA.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by MatNorth
To summarize before asking a question

The more recent rules and regulations continue to mention "Fixed" bonus option but with out the specifics (in fact the example suggests it may have changed):
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resour...C0441_0442.pdf

and they seem to have slipped in another condition about upgrades:

" You may not upgrade travel arrangements obtained by redeeming your points. For example, if you redeem for Coach Class airfare using your points, you may not upgrade the Coach Class ticket to a First Class ticket at the airport."

Does this mean that complimentary upgrades using status are not possible? If that's the case it sounds like you may not even get miles for these tickets?

For convenience here are the cut offs previously specified:

25,000 points at no more than $400 (48 contiguous states)
45,000 points at no more than $600 (including Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico, Canada or Carribean)
50,000 points at no more than $800 (to Europe)
75,000 points at no more than $1,000 (to Asian, South America, or Central America)
90,000 points at no more than $1,600 (to elsewhere)

As far as I know, that non-upgradable clause has been in there for a while. At the very least, I know I was told that over the phone when I made a booking last year. I was still able to upgrade these tickets with RPUs, got a free elite upgrade on one of them, and received miles for all of them. As far as United was concerned, they were revenue tickets. I hope that (and the fixed value 25k for $400 ticket) hasn't changed.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:38 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by queensgambit
... best value for Amazon points? Would you guess that a transfer of Amazon points at 1:1 into UR ...
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Transfer to Ultimate Rewards would be a good value if it were offered, but it is not. You may be able to persuade customer service to do this on a one-time exception basis if another type of award has been discontinued since you opened your Amazon VISA account, but this is not a published feature of the program.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Thank you. Going forward, what is considered here to be the best value for redeeming those points?

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Transfer to Ultimate Rewards would be a good value if it were offered, but it is not. You may be able to persuade customer service to do this on a one-time exception basis if another type of award has been discontinued since you opened your Amazon VISA account, but this is not a published feature of the program.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:15 am

Cash back redemption would be best.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by penner42
As far as I know, that non-upgradable clause has been in there for a while. At the very least, I know I was told that over the phone when I made a booking last year. I was still able to upgrade these tickets with RPUs, got a free elite upgrade on one of them, and received miles for all of them. As far as United was concerned, they were revenue tickets. I hope that (and the fixed value 25k for $400 ticket) hasn't changed.
And you got normal mileage credit for your flight, right? I'm really short on cash this year but I have enough Amazon points for a $400 flight that would put me over the top for Plat. So I want to use the points for a mileage run. I read the thread and it seems it will earn miles as normal, but I'm being extra cautious. It would be kinda silly to do that and then find out the fare didn't earn miles after!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by lobo411
And you got normal mileage credit for your flight, right? I'm really short on cash this year but I have enough Amazon points for a $400 flight that would put me over the top for Plat. So I want to use the points for a mileage run. I read the thread and it seems it will earn miles as normal, but I'm being extra cautious. It would be kinda silly to do that and then find out the fare didn't earn miles after!
If they are considered revenue tickets, then yes, you will get miles for them.
Almost all tickets not purchased with airline program miles/points earn miles.
example: if you book through UR travel using UR points you get miles.....if you trade UR points for airline program miles and book with airline program miles through the airlines site, it is an award ticket and does not earn miles

Last edited by wise2u; Jul 24, 2014 at 11:33 am Reason: clarify
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
Yeah, normal mileage credit. This was before PQDs, though, and you might not get those, depending on how Chase pays for the ticket. All of mine have shown the last four digits of a credit card number (not mine) on the receipts, and I assume would have earned PQDs as normal. But some tickets might get paid for with BULK CHECK, and you won't earn PQDs. PQMs should post as normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.