Wiki Posts
Search

Guys Trip to Panama/Costa Rica - need advice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Guys Trip to Panama/Costa Rica - need advice

Hey folks,

We are planning a guys trip, there are 3 of, all single men in our late twenties. We lucked out and all have a week off in mid-January, so thought we would take a trip down to central America. I speak Spanish.

We want to go out and party - we're single and young, and want to enjoy this time. Hope I am being clear. In addition, we would like to see a bit of the country, and maybe throw in some deep sea fishing.

We were considering flying into Panama City on a Friday, staying there until Monday, then heading to Costa Rica, taking in some sights and finishing the weekend at a party beach in Costa Rica or San Jose.

Has anyone done anything similar and can give us some tips or contacts? I have poured through the forums but not found alot on this.

We really are having a hard time figuring out where is the best place to go, how the nightlife is, etc etc.

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPOND

Feel free to either post directly to the Forum here or PM me if you prefer. Warm regards!!!
Old Jan 2, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
In Costa Rica the party places would be Gringo Gulch in downtown San Jose, and Jaco Beach at the coast. Fishing is available out of Los Suenos near Jaco, or out of Quepos about an hour further south. Be careful with your selves and your belongings near these party places.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, Starwood PLT, Continental PLT, Virgin GLD
I lived in Costa Rica for 10 years and made many trips to Panama. If you speak Spanish STAY AWAY from the tourist areas and bigger guided tours. Go to Jaco or Quepos, find a mid-level comfortable hotel and start asking around. There are TONS of locals who are always looking to make some extra cash and you can get great deals. Do, though, be VERY careful with your personal things. Passports, cash, cameras, phones etc. are all easily stolen and GONE faster than you can shake your head. It is a balance between not being taken as the "touristy gringo" and being ripped off up front and being careful enough not to get everything stolen. If you are going to spend a night in San Jose, stay at a better hotel and tell them you are looking for professional but NOT TOURISTY help on the coast. It is worth one night at a more expensive hotel in the capital to get off to a good start, especially if you are sharing the cost with a few other guys. Remember that Costan Rican hotels charge extra per person staying in a room so depending on your "honesty-o-meter" and your budget you may want only 1 or 2 of the group standing at the reception desk upon check in
Old Sep 7, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
hey,

how was your trip? me and about 7 buddies are going in December. any recommendations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.