Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Need Reco: Clean, Safe Hotel near SAL (San Salvador Airport)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

We are flying in the evening and flying out first thing the next morning so it is not worth going downtown to sleep. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced, clean safe hotel close to the SAL airport?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 6:48 am

Hotel near San Salvador airport

There is a Quality Inn about one mile from the airport. It is new and secure. Down side is that it is really in the middle of nowhere and will make for a very boring stay. $90 per night.

If I were you, I would pay $25 and take a taxi to La Libertad, a coastal fishing town about half an hour up the coast from the airport. There is a nice new hotel there, Pacific Sunrise, that have rooms starting at $40, larger suites for $65 per night. The less expensive rooms have views of the gas station and zona de tolerancia.

There are scores of seafood restaurants within walking distance. You can also walk to the fishing pier and see some great sights.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TACA
... If I were you, I would pay $25 and take a taxi to La Libertad, a coastal fishing town about half an hour up the coast from the airport. There is a nice new hotel there, Pacific Sunrise, that have rooms starting at $40, larger suites for $65 per night. The less expensive rooms have views of the gas station and zona de tolerancia...
Thank you. One of my concerns with leaving the airport area is the time it will take to get to the airport in the morning. How long is the trip to La Libertad? We will be getting in after dark so I don't know if we would be doing anything anyway.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 8:12 am

Hotel Near San Salvador Airport

Transfer time from airport to La Libertad is just a tad under 30 minutes.

What is the flight itinerary that requires you to overnight?

You make a good point in that your stay would be during nighttime only... in that case I suppose the airport hotel would be best option but an extremely boring one. It's a shame you would not be able to see something of El Salvador during your stop.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:25 am
Community Director Emerita

The south coast of El Salvador with its ocean views is gorgeous. If you have some daylight hours before your morning flight, I would encourge you to head that way.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:29 am

San Salvador Airport Hotel

SanDiego1k is correct, as always, except for that the road from the airport to La Libertad does not get close enough to the ocean to see it until you are directly in La Libertad. From La Libertad up to the Guatemalan border are the beautiful ocean views.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:51 am
Community Director Emerita

We stayed inland on last year's visit to El Salvador but regretted not staying on the south coast. We drove along it one morning, and were taken with the beauty. Here is a New York Times article talking about the great surf.

SMF Rider, I realize you might not have time to head south; I'm adding this more for others who might be reading this thread.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TACA
...What is the flight itinerary that requires you to overnight?...
A once weekly TACA flight connecting to a once daily United flight. Two of the three teenage divers in tow (the girls) want to get home ASAP and didn't want to spend an extra 24 hours in El Savador. After being gone for ten days w/o an El Savador excursion, I couldn't argue with them.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Hate to takeover an old thread, but...

Hello:

I am looking for a day-room at a hotel near San Salvador Airport. I see this thread is nearly ten years old so was wondering if there were any updates?

I arrive at San Salvador Airport off AV621 from Los Angeles at 05:40 and leave on AV929 at 15:35 to Lima on August 2. That means I have just shy of ten hours at SAL.

I will be exhausted, as my travels actually begin before LAX.

I am considering the Quality Inn, who require me to book a one night hotel room (the night before) and just showup in the morning, then they offer me late checkout at 13:00. This was through Central Reservations. Is there an e-mail address for the hotel that I can confirm this is correct? Also, how does one get the hotel shuttle - do you have to call or is there a meeting place and pickup times?

Are there any other alternatives? Is there a hotel at the airport itself?

Many thanks in advance...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.