Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gamboa Rainforest Resort

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Gamboa Rainforest Resort

I wanted to put in a good word for this property, which is located in the middle of the Isthmus off Panama, halfway through the Canal. It's great place to experience the rainforest environment without having to fly to the north of Panama or to one of the islands off the coast. It's a world away yet just 35 minutes by car, Uber or taxi from Panama City.

The resort has an aerial tram which takes you to the top of the rainforest canopy. On the way up you'll see capybaras, agoutis, sloths resting in the trees and all manner of birds. If you're lucky you will hear the spooky cry of the howler monkeys which also inhabit the forest.

The property also includes a butterfly farm and a frog house, both filled with brilliantly colored creatures. From the resort's marina you can take a boat ride to Lake Gatun, which is the Canal's middle portion, and go to Monkey Island where capuchin and tamarind monkeys come right up to the boat.

It all adds up to a fun day or two escape from Panama City. We spent two nights and one full day, which my wife and I thought was perfect.

The resort caters to both Panamanian families and foreign tourists. Don't expect a five star property but the rooms are nice, some with water views, very clean and the food is decent. But it's all about location, location, location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.