Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicaragua -- connection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Nicaragua -- connection

Hello... I am planning to fly from Corn Island to Managua (MGA) airport on La Costena airlines, to connect on a separate ticket to an Int'l flight on TACA to San Salvador. I believe the flight from Corn Island makes a 20 min stop in Bluefields. The flight schedule shows the La Costena flight arriving MGA at 2:05 PM and the TACA flight departing MGA at 5:30 PM, which is a 3h25min connection from domestic to International. Remember, these will be separate tickets so TACA will not know I am coming and if the Corn Island flight is greatly delayed, I don't believe TACA will protect me.

Generally, I am quite conservative in scheduling these kinds of connections, so I was just wondering if it was too risky. I've heard a couple of things about the Corn Island flight delays, but this will be at the end of March, so I'm not sure how much to expect the weather to disrupt the schedules.

Any ideas or suggestions from those who have done the Corn Island trip or if this is a reasonable connection?
Old May 1, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
La Costeña can be kind of informal about its departure times. I wouldn't chance this myself. Weather should be on your side. March is the driest month in Corn Island. Still, I don't think this is wise.

There is no more TACA. It has been absorbed into Avianca.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJOGuy
There is no more TACA. It has been absorbed into Avianca.
Thanks. I thought so too, but the MGA-SAL still runs with a TA flight number.
Old May 3, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
The individual Central American airlines were absorbed into El Salvador's Taca in the late 90s. Then Colombia’s Avianca took over Taca the year before last. They’ll still designate some flights as “Taca,” but it’s all Avianca now.
Old May 12, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gq_dq

Any ideas or suggestions from those who have done the Corn Island trip or if this is a reasonable connection?
Bluefields to MGA is a short trip and while not on an atomic clock it is not so late that this huge connection is going to be an issue. You have so much time in MGA you will be bored silly.

They are both Avianca so get AV to merge the two PNR's to one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.