Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Central America
Reload this Page >

Layover in Panama City for 20 hours of Lima Peru for 15 hours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

I have a 730 AM from Cuzco to Lima in early May, and after that I have two options.

1. Stay in Lima all day and catch a midnight flight to Houston
2. Take a 4 PM flight to Panama City, spend the night there, and take 325 PM flight the next to Houston

Any recommendations?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by slickvik
I have a 730 AM from Cuzco to Lima in early May, and after that I have two options.

1. Stay in Lima all day and catch a midnight flight to Houston
2. Take a 4 PM flight to Panama City, spend the night there, and take 325 PM flight the next to Houston

Any recommendations?
I'd do #2. Go visit the Canal or something. Panama is pretty cheap
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Redwood839
I'd do #2. Go visit the Canal or something. Panama is pretty cheap
I didn't find Panama pretty cheap, nevertheless, knowing both cities, I agree that a visit to the Canal is more "interesting" than a day in Lima; it's something really unique. For or something, Lima would have my preference.

PS For all it's worth, I preferred the ceviche in Lima to the Panamanian version (I had several in both places), but this is a matter of taste.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: UA
Being very familiar with both places, I'd recommend #2 as well. And you still have time to get good ceviche for an early lunch in Lima and make it back in time for your flight.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by KLouis
I didn't find Panama pretty cheap, nevertheless, knowing both cities, I agree that a visit to the Canal is more "interesting" than a day in Lima; it's something really unique. For or something, Lima would have my preference.

PS For all it's worth, I preferred the ceviche in Lima to the Panamanian version (I had several in both places), but this is a matter of taste.
Probably the cheapest in the region (apart from El Salvador).

The only good things to see in Lima are in Miraflores and maybe a couple of places in downtown. But rush hour traffic and a long trip from Miraflores are a terrible mix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.